September 2, 2014 | 1059 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The thing I like most about this cleansing oil is how it turns milky and silky when mixed with water, then rinses cleanly in even cold water. It removes eye make well and doesn't sting my eyes but leaves them a little blurry, which is normal for a cleansing oil. I don't particularly like the olive oil smell, so I mix this with another cleansing oil (Garnier) and add some castor oil to that mix. I still prefer my own mix of vegetable oils+emulsifier but this blend is a good, though fragrant alternative.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a decent oil, but overpriced. It doesn't remove waterprood eyemakeup as well as Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil. It doesn't do anything that a giant bottle of Kose Softymo White oil can't. The Kose oil is $12 on Sasa.com. I think DHC makes good products but the american price tag is quite high for what similar Japanese skincare goes for.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Aralechan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very thick oil cleanser with a faint smell of olives. It gets the job done, but there are alot of cheaper alternatives out there. The reason this stuff is so great is that you can buy it at a 7-eleven in Japan, so I never have to pack makeup cleanser if I go to Japan. It's super cheap and I just stick it back in the box and put it in my suitcase and use it up when I get home.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried DHC, Shu Uemura and Hada Labo cleansing oils and this is my favorite. I feel I need the least rubbing into my skin with this one, and it takes the most stubborn mascara off easily. The texture is also very nice and comfortable on my skin. It emulsifies with water instantly and comes right off. Although you are not supposed to need to, I like to wash with a foaming cleanser afterwards. With the other two, I feel I have to whereas with the DHC I don't always need a second cleanse. I hope to buy my second bottle, but the price is deterring me, the first one I got was a travel sized one I picked up at Japan's airport and it was pretty affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

I'm new to using oils to cleanse. My normally oily/combo skin that's acne prone and pores the size of craters was INCREDIBLY dehydrated and raw when our weather went from warm fall to arctic blast winter and all the piped in warm air to go with it. I had also done IPL so my skin barrier was also compromised. It was like nothing I could do would fix it and it was painful to even smile and I had these little pimples that seemingly never wanted to go away.

I've been using this for about a week and I bought it based on the good reviews here and on Amazon. I needed something to take off makeup because I wanted to use my CeraVe hydrating cleanser since it was gentle and hydrating, and even though I don't wear a ton of makeup everyday, I never feel like the CeraVe gets it all off. I briefly sprang for those makeup remover cloths and OUCH not a good idea for raw skin plus they just felt full of chemicals.

I used it the way that others on here have said. Dry face and hands, full massage for 2-3 minutes. The first time I think I used too much, second time too little, so it takes some time to figure out what you need. I hopped in the shower, off it came, used my CeraVe and poof...no extra traces of makeup on my cotton ball when I toned. My skin barrier is repairing itself, the oil hasn't dried me out, and my skin is clearing up probably because of the two things I mentioned, but also getting all my makeup off. So far I haven't seen much of a change in pores or anything, but if so I'll update. For those that think they shouldn't need a second step, I never thought twice about it because oil doesn't necessarily kill bacteria. So note, if you have acne-prone skin or large pores that can trap oil and grow bacteria, I would NOT suggest this as your only cleansing method. I follow up with a little BHA afterwards to keep the pores clear of too much oil.

It's a little pricey, but so far really worth it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by bearo6321

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great cleansing oil - I prefer this to Shu. I wear SPF 50+ under makeup every day and the DHC effortlessly removes it without stripping my skin. It has a neutral smell, and if I keep my eyes shut it does an excellent job of removing mascara without irritating my sensitive lids. I like the ritual of massaging the oil into my dry skin and then emulsifying it off. Following the oil I then cleanse with a clarisonic and dermaquest glycolic cleanser, and I couldn't be happier with the results. The price is acceptable, although I do have to be careful not to use too much.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I was giving this as a sample travel size and just recently started using it.

You apply about a walnut size amount in your palm then massage into your face if you add some water it goes a whitish colour then rinse off with warm water then dab dry with a flannel. The effects after leave your skin super smooth and fresh, removes excess makeup and feels great. I haven't noticed much for minimising pores but maybe you need to use over a few weeks..

The only downfall is that when I use it to remove mascara it will easily go into my eyes and leave them blurred for 10 seconds or so, it doesn't sting but can be annoying so now I keep my eyes closed until I have rinsed away! Having said that I still continue to use as the results are so good. So I now use this mainly in the mornings for best results!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Yea this stuff is great but at $30 a bottle, I just felt like I was washing my money down the drain. the bottle did not last long for me. a little does not go a long way. It took me 3 pumps to get all the makeup off my face.

If the bottle lasted months and months I'd repurchase but it did not.

On to look for a cleansing oil that is not as pricey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Pretty decent cleanser. The packaging couldn't be uglier.

I didn't do too much in clearing up my skin but it did feel clean. I won't buy again and I didn't feel like it did too much for me. My face did feel very clean after though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this, because I enjoy the texture of oil, but I prefer my Eve Lom for removing makeup thoroughly.

With the DHC, it is recommended that you still have to wash with their soap afterwards. I don't mind the extra steps but I do mind having to use 2 products when one will suffice