April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Gels/Soaps - Caress - Daily Silkening bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by asgearhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfection. Smells like soap should. Clean, light and fresh. I was so sick of sweet smelling slimy body washes. This moisturizes without making you smell like a piece of fruit or slimy like a rotten strawberry!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this soap. Cleans well, love the color, and leaves a nice slightly feminine clean peachy scent, but a guy could also use this and not feel strange.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, my mom gave me a Caress bar that was peach scented and it really didn't have a strong scent at all. Not when compared to Dove, anyway! It was kind of soft, but it smelled too much like a soap you'd find in a motel. Too soapy like. However, I didn't care too much for the bar itself as it wasn't very moisturizing(like Dove!)at all. Not bad for a soap if you have normal or oily skin. But I have very dry and sensitive skin. Just didn't work for me. Oh, and like Dove bars, this too "melted" a bit quicker than other soaps that I've used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I fell in love with the original Caress years ago. As a kid, I felt grown up when I got to use this. LOL The scent is so pleasant and soft. When you just want a light scent you don't have to put on anything else. Over the years I have used the body wash also. Next to Dove this is the only bar soap I would buy on a regular basis. I took off one Lippie since any bar soap tends to be drying to my skin at some point during use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I only use Caress or Dove soap because my skin is super sensitive. Caress lathers up really well in the shower and it has a lasting scent. It keeps my skin feeling really soft and locks in the moisture. I love tihs soap and this is a soap I will continue to use because of the quality and the results I get.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

A couple of weeks ago I picked up the Caress body bar as a little treat. Now that the warm weather is here, I wanted something with a little more oomph, scent-wise, than my standby of 24 years, Dove. I remembered that a neighbor had had this in her bathroom when I was growing up and I had always adored the scent of it: it seemed so grown-up and sophisticated. And when I saw that this was made by Unilever, the same company that makes Dove, I decided to get it; I figured it would probably be pretty gentle. After having used it for awhile now, I can say with confidence that I LOVE this soap. I have very sensitive skin and eczema, and this doesn't make me itch whatsoever, and oddly enough I noticed the other day that my skin felt smoother than normal. (I have a hunch that it might not work as well for me in the depths of winter, when my skin turns into my body's own hell, however.) I like the egg shape of it, which fits nicely in the hand. It gives off a good lather and is cheap. But my favorite part is the scent, which lingers in the shower and on me too. For me, Caress is what a grown-up lady should smell like - clean, soft, and sweet. Definite repurchase for the summer months. This soap is a real find!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell of this, was way too much for me. It was lovely at first, but it does really linger and maybe even gets stronger. I had to wash it off because I grew tired of it quickly. I also didn't find it as moisturizing as others bar soaps. Olay bars are more emollient and are my preference, however they stopped making the Unscented. If you find this one not as moisturizing as you would like, and like scents, you might try one of theirs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by KristenT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this soap. It smells wonderful- light and clean and not too sweet. It lathers well, and rinses off clean. I was suprised at how long this bar lasted, it didn't seem to melt away as so many other "moisturising bars" seem to do. Left my skin soft and clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 11:30:00 AM More reviews by sunshine824

I didn't see a review listing for the Caress bar. Actually I don't see listings for many soap bars AT ALL. Does anyone else use soap bars? lol

I enjoy using bars because I don't feel as clean just using body washes especially in the summer heat.

Caress bar soap is cleansing but very moisturizing. I have dry skin and it's one of the few bar soaps that doesn't leave me ashy and itchy. The scent is a clean, sweet, soapy floral and it lingers for a little while after the shower which is very nice.

The packaging is pretty and the price can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Caress. It has been my first choice for years - since I first began living on my own and choosing my own brands of things. It makes my skin so soft and the bar lasts and lasts... it does not melt away quickly like Dove does. Unfortunately it is not sold in many stores in my city so when I find it I like to buy plenty. I buy Dove or Olay if I can't find Caress - but to me there really is no substitute.