Caress Daily Silkening bar

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate , Stearic Acid , Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate , Lauric Acid , Water , Sodium Isethionate , Sodium Stearate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Fragrance , Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate , Sodium Chloride , Prunus Persica Fruit Extract , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Flower Extract , Hydrolyzed Silk , Propylene Glycol , Tetrasodium EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , BHT , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , Yellow 10 (CI 47005)

on 11/14/2009 10:25:00 AM

Best bar soap ever. With dryer weather though i can't use this, or even on a daily basis in warmer weather. I miss using it daily but it just dries out my skin too much (which is the complete opposite of my oily face). It has the perfect slightly floral feminine scent that I wish they'd put into a perfume, and it makes my skin soooo soft. Softer than any other soap/body wash ever has. I have very sensitive skin and it never irritated it, also rare for a bar soap. It just is too drying, but still good for a bar soap!

on 11/1/2009 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love, love this. I switch back and forth between this and the classic Dove beauty bar. Good for face and body. I have used this for too many years to remember, I hope it's never discontinued!

on 7/9/2009 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Perfection. Smells like soap should. Clean, light and fresh. I was so sick of sweet smelling slimy body washes. This moisturizes without making you smell like a piece of fruit or slimy like a rotten strawberry!

on 5/31/2009 11:01:00 PM

Love this soap. Cleans well, love the color, and leaves a nice slightly feminine clean peachy scent, but a guy could also use this and not feel strange.

on 12/28/2008 8:49:00 PM

Okay, my mom gave me a Caress bar that was peach scented and it really didn't have a strong scent at all. Not when compared to Dove, anyway! It was kind of soft, but it smelled too much like a soap you'd find in a motel. Too soapy like. However, I didn't care too much for the bar itself as it wasn't very moisturizing(like Dove!)at all. Not bad for a soap if you have normal or oily skin. But I have very dry and sensitive skin. Just didn't work for me. Oh, and like Dove bars, this too "melted" a bit quicker than other soaps that I've used.

on 11/24/2008 3:44:00 PM

I fell in love with the original Caress years ago. As a kid, I felt grown up when I got to use this. LOL The scent is so pleasant and soft. When you just want a light scent you don't have to put on anything else. Over the years I have used the body wash also. Next to Dove this is the only bar soap I would buy on a regular basis. I took off one Lippie since any bar soap tends to be drying to my skin at some point during use.

I only use Caress or Dove soap because my skin is super sensitive. Caress lathers up really well in the shower and it has a lasting scent. It keeps my skin feeling really soft and locks in the moisture. I love tihs soap and this is a soap I will continue to use because of the quality and the results I get.

on 5/26/2008 4:49:00 PM

A couple of weeks ago I picked up the Caress body bar as a little treat. Now that the warm weather is here, I wanted something with a little more oomph, scent-wise, than my standby of 24 years, Dove. I remembered that a neighbor had had this in her bathroom when I was growing up and I had always adored the scent of it: it seemed so grown-up and sophisticated. And when I saw that this was made by Unilever, the same company that makes Dove, I decided to get it; I figured it would probably be pretty gentle. After having used it for awhile now, I can say with confidence that I LOVE this soap. I have very sensitive skin and eczema, and this doesn't make me itch whatsoever, and oddly enough I noticed the other day that my skin felt smoother than normal. (I have a hunch that it might not work as well for me in the depths of winter, when my skin turns into my body's own hell, however.) I like the egg shape of it, which fits nicely in the hand. It gives off a good lather and is cheap. But my favorite part is the scent, which lingers in the shower and on me too. For me, Caress is what a grown-up lady should smell like - clean, soft, and sweet. Definite repurchase for the summer months. This soap is a real find!

on 11/3/2007 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The smell of this, was way too much for me. It was lovely at first, but it does really linger and maybe even gets stronger. I had to wash it off because I grew tired of it quickly. I also didn't find it as moisturizing as others bar soaps. Olay bars are more emollient and are my preference, however they stopped making the Unscented. If you find this one not as moisturizing as you would like, and like scents, you might try one of theirs.

on 10/10/2007 6:29:00 PM

I really like this soap. It smells wonderful- light and clean and not too sweet. It lathers well, and rinses off clean. I was suprised at how long this bar lasted, it didn't seem to melt away as so many other "moisturising bars" seem to do. Left my skin soft and clean.