November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Gels/Soaps - Caress - Daily Silkening bar

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was going through the soaps in the drug store, picking each up and smelling them. I have insanely dry skin but most of all I have an obscenely strong sense of smell and I can smell forwarmed signals of how it will smell hours later after city pollution has mixed with it.
The smell of this one (pink bar/original) is really nice. I thought it was strong but also smells like some hairdressers or a brand of shampoo they use there. I bought it not expecting much, f it dried my skin out i'd just use it as hand washing soap.
I'm really surprised at how good this soap was. It didn't leave my skin squeeking like a lot fo harsh soaps that strip the skin, instead it seemed to give this slip. Later reading about it on google i discovered it has bath oil in it. I usually break out from any type of oil on my skin. My skin didn't feel tight and for once I only needed a small amount of Cetaphil lotion afterwards.

I've tried the different Dove bars and every one of them left me with dry skin (unscented brand) or clogged my skin badly and I disliked their fragrance. Lets say this, if I'm washing my face with a face cloth and when I rinse it out the soap makes the cloth stick together like I just used vaseline and I have to rewash it out with another (drying) soap I know it's not good. Dove made my skin feel unwashed and clammy. I'd use it twice and then I could rub my finger down my body and dirt would literally roll off. Terrible. It didn't clean properly at all.
This brand is great though.I'll definitely be buying it again and again.

6 MONTH UPDATE
I had to stop using this as where I moved to didn't sell it. I was devestated and literally had to start creaming my skin twice as thick to get it to feel the same way this soap made my skin feel with NO lotion! One my return I rushed to the store to rebuy this and OMG, I forgot how much I love it. It's almost like my skin thanks me when I use it. DO you know the feeling after your wash your face and it dries to what feels like a stiff mask? This does the total opposite to all the other soaps I;ve tried.
Adding after a week of using this you may have to wash with another soap that's harsher to wash off the residue that will build up after time.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best bar soap ever. With dryer weather though i can't use this, or even on a daily basis in warmer weather. I miss using it daily but it just dries out my skin too much (which is the complete opposite of my oily face). It has the perfect slightly floral feminine scent that I wish they'd put into a perfume, and it makes my skin soooo soft. Softer than any other soap/body wash ever has. I have very sensitive skin and it never irritated it, also rare for a bar soap. It just is too drying, but still good for a bar soap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love this. I switch back and forth between this and the classic Dove beauty bar. Good for face and body. I have used this for too many years to remember, I hope it's never discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by asgearhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfection. Smells like soap should. Clean, light and fresh. I was so sick of sweet smelling slimy body washes. This moisturizes without making you smell like a piece of fruit or slimy like a rotten strawberry!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this soap. Cleans well, love the color, and leaves a nice slightly feminine clean peachy scent, but a guy could also use this and not feel strange.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, my mom gave me a Caress bar that was peach scented and it really didn't have a strong scent at all. Not when compared to Dove, anyway! It was kind of soft, but it smelled too much like a soap you'd find in a motel. Too soapy like. However, I didn't care too much for the bar itself as it wasn't very moisturizing(like Dove!)at all. Not bad for a soap if you have normal or oily skin. But I have very dry and sensitive skin. Just didn't work for me. Oh, and like Dove bars, this too "melted" a bit quicker than other soaps that I've used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I fell in love with the original Caress years ago. As a kid, I felt grown up when I got to use this. LOL The scent is so pleasant and soft. When you just want a light scent you don't have to put on anything else. Over the years I have used the body wash also. Next to Dove this is the only bar soap I would buy on a regular basis. I took off one Lippie since any bar soap tends to be drying to my skin at some point during use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I only use Caress or Dove soap because my skin is super sensitive. Caress lathers up really well in the shower and it has a lasting scent. It keeps my skin feeling really soft and locks in the moisture. I love tihs soap and this is a soap I will continue to use because of the quality and the results I get.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

A couple of weeks ago I picked up the Caress body bar as a little treat. Now that the warm weather is here, I wanted something with a little more oomph, scent-wise, than my standby of 24 years, Dove. I remembered that a neighbor had had this in her bathroom when I was growing up and I had always adored the scent of it: it seemed so grown-up and sophisticated. And when I saw that this was made by Unilever, the same company that makes Dove, I decided to get it; I figured it would probably be pretty gentle. After having used it for awhile now, I can say with confidence that I LOVE this soap. I have very sensitive skin and eczema, and this doesn't make me itch whatsoever, and oddly enough I noticed the other day that my skin felt smoother than normal. (I have a hunch that it might not work as well for me in the depths of winter, when my skin turns into my body's own hell, however.) I like the egg shape of it, which fits nicely in the hand. It gives off a good lather and is cheap. But my favorite part is the scent, which lingers in the shower and on me too. For me, Caress is what a grown-up lady should smell like - clean, soft, and sweet. Definite repurchase for the summer months. This soap is a real find!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell of this, was way too much for me. It was lovely at first, but it does really linger and maybe even gets stronger. I had to wash it off because I grew tired of it quickly. I also didn't find it as moisturizing as others bar soaps. Olay bars are more emollient and are my preference, however they stopped making the Unscented. If you find this one not as moisturizing as you would like, and like scents, you might try one of theirs.