October 1, 2014 | 1859 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - infallible never fail makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by tess856

I am really loving this product. I was a huge colorstay fan until they changed their formula. I tried about 100 since and really love this. It's 110 degrees today and my face is not oily at all. This foundation has great coverage and not cakey at all... I use 2 coats. I am very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Alexishayward

My favorite drugstore foundation!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I cannot think of a more ironically named foundation that this. This foundation is definitely NOT infallable in my opinion. In fact, I would say this is THE WORST foundation I have ever used. I am trying to find a drugstore foundation that will get me through the next week or so until I can purchase the MAC Matchmaster, which is currently out of stock in my shade. After a major disaster with Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, I decided to give this foundation a try. I'd read online that it was good for people with oily skin. I also had a coupon for Ulta for $3.50 off a $10 purchase. So I used (or should I say wasted) it on this foundation. I purchased this in Shade 613 True Beige. I usually need more of a natural beige, but this foundation seems to run light. I could tell just by looking at it that the Natural Beige was going to be way too light. The lady at Ulta suggested the True Beige and I agreed. With my coupon, I paid 9.96 for this foundation. I tried it for the first time this morning.

I like the pump. That's pretty much the only thing I liked about this foundation.

This foundation is very thick. The first time I tried to squirt some out, the only thing that came out was some light brown water. So I shook it and tried it again. Still really runny and watery. I shook it again and it finally came out decent.

This definitely is NOT a lightweight foundation. If you are looking for a liquid foundation that will give you a natural look, this is definitely not it. It is thick and heavy even when it is wet, even more so when it dries. This is not a makeup that you apply and forget its on. You can definitely feel it on your face. If you have any flaws at all, this makeup will do nothing except magnify them. I remember wearing clown makeup as a kid for Halloween one year. That is pretty much what this makeup feels like on your face. It is also very cakey. It is difficult to spread and blend. It is also not at all buildable. This is a case of you cannot win no matter what you do. If you apply a thin layer, the coverage is very sheer. If you try to build it up, it looks cakey, unnatural, and pretty much awful.

At first, I thought I had a good color match. When the foundation was wet, it seemed fine. But once it dried and was on awhile, it turned very orange. I cannot really comment on the staying power of this makeup, because I could only stand to have it on my face for a little over an hour. I could not wait to take it off. I really had to scrub to get it off. After I completely removed this foundation, my face felt sticky. I tried using water to get rid of it, but that didn’t work. I ended up using my Clinique Foaming Face wash before applying different makeup.

Needless to say, I am not going to use or purchase this foundation again. It is going back to Ulta the first chance I get. I think I am going to try the Femme Couture 8 in 1 foundation from Sally Beauty.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Jazzodiamond

I was really excited to try this foundation and now I'm gutted I have wasted my money on it!! The foundation is really cakey even if you only use a little bit and it looks very 'painted on'. Not at all natural. The colour is definitely darker when it goes on your skin and looks very unnatural. I was excited to see if it stayed matte all day as I have oily skin but after a few hours I looked orange and shiny!! It was awful. Also DO NOT get this wet as you will end up with streaks on your face. I wouldn't recommend unfortunately and now have a whole bottle wasted!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by rokdacasba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years primarily because I have tried many products over the years and this was the better product. I have pale skin, dark under eyes, oily & acne prone skin that also dries in the winter. It has great coverage but does have a hint of orange in natural lights. My other complaint is that by the end of the day your face is as shiny as a mirror. However, It does not aggravate the acne and has the closest to natural as you can find within a reasonable price. I also use a powder finish by CG on top to make it blend better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by trinamk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I have a lot of red in my complexion, this foundation hides the redness w/ ease. I have read a lot of complaints that it dries too fast. I put moisturizer on before I apply the foundation and it goes on smoothly and you have time to apply as needed. It is the only makeup that stays on my face all day. I have tried other department store brands, very expensive, that does not last as well as this product. I use the Nude Beige 605 and it blends well when you use bronzers in the summer. I also wipe the pump opening off before I apply also so keep it from squirting me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

This foundation has good coverage and really does last all day. You have to work fast because it dries very quick! The colour tends to change in the bottle as it ages. The pump gives out when there is lots of product in the bottom and it gets clogged really easily. I've used this foundation four times and it's does the job.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lmb90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried a couple of different colours of this on my chest in store before buying and was happy with the shade. I got it home and as I pumpd it out the bottle I noticed how different the colour looked on natural light from the harsh bright lights of store but putting it on face it seemed a near enough colour to my skin. As it started to dry however it went MUCH darker and very very orangey on face. I looked like I had had a bad fake tan! Really disappointing for a foundation that costs 12.99!! The consistency is also quite thick and it didn't go very far, I found I needed quite a lot of cover my face. It also drys too quickly which makes it tricky to blend. It does have quite a good medium to full coverage that I was looking for but the way the colour changed so dramatically on my face has put off this product completely, I won't even bother trying a different shade of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by alainlalaland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation! It works well if you want to use it as concealer only (undereyes, I'm lookin at you) and provides amazing coverage. My ridiculously fair skin can be uneven sometimes and this really improves it. I wear Soft Ivory 602 and it is truly a godsend as it actually matches my skin tone! It really does last all day, and I love that it's SPF 20.

Note: It is really runny when first purchased, but after a good shake and a couple squirts, it's good. Also, I work in small areas when applying, as this foundation dries very quickly.

The only downside is the packaging. The pump is nice, but it does get clogged- often, and tends to squirt all over the place when it does. Seriously though, every aspect is great except the pump! I hope L'Oreal doesn't discontinue this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the second purchase I have made of this, I really love this foundation! It has great application. It covers up imperfections on the face such as dark patches, scars and blemishes. Althought the only reason I gave it a 4/5 not 5/5 is because if you dont blend it in enough it does look quite greasy but I have no issues if I blend it in right. It Lasts a really long time which I love! Also I love the fact it has sunscreen in it all the while it mosutrises your skin! It really is perfect for me.