October 20, 2014 | 2002 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - infallible never fail makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

I have purchased literally dozens of foundations in the last couple of years. I actually tried this makeup last winter, but it seemed to show EVERY fine I had and seemed to make my skin even MORE dry. So I opted for L'oreal's Visible Lift Repair Absolute in the small round tin - which worked well for a few months. Fast forward to summer - somehow my skin had become slightly "oily" and by noon (even in the air conditioning) my Absolute makeup was sliding off my face. So back to the stores I went searching. I decided to give it another try - since I was so "oily" now maybe this might work? I wear the Sand Beige - I did not think I was that dark, but it's a perfect match for me. Maybe the colors run light?
I did not use a primer the first day - just a speckle of moisturizer on my cheeks and straight makeup-to-skin for the rest of my face. I waited a few minutes and then used Benefit Hello Flawless as a dusting to set. SUPRISE! Lasted to at least 4-5 PM - so the whole workday! I'm yet to try it with primer to see if I can get it to last through work & date with hubby. :)
I do have to "touch up" during the day on my nose - but my T-Zone where I suffer oil-slicks. So as stated by previous reviewers, if you have oily skin on any level - this might work better for you than those with dry skin. I guess with age - our skin because more "moody" with the seasons, so I will have to adjust my foundation accordingly.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Tiarna

Well I am a 16 year old girl with acne, and I have combination skin. By that I mean my skin is fairly dry although throughout the day my skin tends to become very oily and my make up begins to run off (even when I touch it), and by the end of the day I usually look like a big oily mess. So I went to my local chemist and they tested a few foundations on me, before then I had done some research and looked at some reviews of some skin products, but they didn't stock the foundation I was looking for. They recommended this product for my skin necessities (I emphasised the fact that my make up slips off after a couple of hours). I purchased this one with the hope that it would solve all my problems because I am extremely sensitive and insecure, especially about my skin! First of all, I would not recommend anyone to purchase this product if they have dry skin and also to anyone who has oily skin! This foundation does not control shine fairly well and tends to only last 3-4 hours. It also dries a lot darker and even orange like (Other people have had this problem, I have read). It makes me feel really uncomfortable and makes me feel like I have caked on make up which is the truth and by the end of the day I can't wait to take it off! Also, it is extremely hard to blend this make-up in! In addition it tends to cling to the dry spots on your face (such as around your nose) and it also clings to the faint hairs on your face and makes them look very visible. However it has medium to full coverage and tends to cover up my acne and redness reasonably well. Unfortuantley, I would never recommend this product to anyone. I hope this helps you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by tess856

I am really loving this product. I was a huge colorstay fan until they changed their formula. I tried about 100 since and really love this. It's 110 degrees today and my face is not oily at all. This foundation has great coverage and not cakey at all... I use 2 coats. I am very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Alexishayward

My favorite drugstore foundation!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I cannot think of a more ironically named foundation that this. This foundation is definitely NOT infallable in my opinion. In fact, I would say this is THE WORST foundation I have ever used. I am trying to find a drugstore foundation that will get me through the next week or so until I can purchase the MAC Matchmaster, which is currently out of stock in my shade. After a major disaster with Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, I decided to give this foundation a try. I'd read online that it was good for people with oily skin. I also had a coupon for Ulta for $3.50 off a $10 purchase. So I used (or should I say wasted) it on this foundation. I purchased this in Shade 613 True Beige. I usually need more of a natural beige, but this foundation seems to run light. I could tell just by looking at it that the Natural Beige was going to be way too light. The lady at Ulta suggested the True Beige and I agreed. With my coupon, I paid 9.96 for this foundation. I tried it for the first time this morning.

I like the pump. That's pretty much the only thing I liked about this foundation.

This foundation is very thick. The first time I tried to squirt some out, the only thing that came out was some light brown water. So I shook it and tried it again. Still really runny and watery. I shook it again and it finally came out decent.

This definitely is NOT a lightweight foundation. If you are looking for a liquid foundation that will give you a natural look, this is definitely not it. It is thick and heavy even when it is wet, even more so when it dries. This is not a makeup that you apply and forget its on. You can definitely feel it on your face. If you have any flaws at all, this makeup will do nothing except magnify them. I remember wearing clown makeup as a kid for Halloween one year. That is pretty much what this makeup feels like on your face. It is also very cakey. It is difficult to spread and blend. It is also not at all buildable. This is a case of you cannot win no matter what you do. If you apply a thin layer, the coverage is very sheer. If you try to build it up, it looks cakey, unnatural, and pretty much awful.

At first, I thought I had a good color match. When the foundation was wet, it seemed fine. But once it dried and was on awhile, it turned very orange. I cannot really comment on the staying power of this makeup, because I could only stand to have it on my face for a little over an hour. I could not wait to take it off. I really had to scrub to get it off. After I completely removed this foundation, my face felt sticky. I tried using water to get rid of it, but that didn’t work. I ended up using my Clinique Foaming Face wash before applying different makeup.

Needless to say, I am not going to use or purchase this foundation again. It is going back to Ulta the first chance I get. I think I am going to try the Femme Couture 8 in 1 foundation from Sally Beauty.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Jazzodiamond

I was really excited to try this foundation and now I'm gutted I have wasted my money on it!! The foundation is really cakey even if you only use a little bit and it looks very 'painted on'. Not at all natural. The colour is definitely darker when it goes on your skin and looks very unnatural. I was excited to see if it stayed matte all day as I have oily skin but after a few hours I looked orange and shiny!! It was awful. Also DO NOT get this wet as you will end up with streaks on your face. I wouldn't recommend unfortunately and now have a whole bottle wasted!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by rokdacasba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years primarily because I have tried many products over the years and this was the better product. I have pale skin, dark under eyes, oily & acne prone skin that also dries in the winter. It has great coverage but does have a hint of orange in natural lights. My other complaint is that by the end of the day your face is as shiny as a mirror. However, It does not aggravate the acne and has the closest to natural as you can find within a reasonable price. I also use a powder finish by CG on top to make it blend better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by trinamk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I have a lot of red in my complexion, this foundation hides the redness w/ ease. I have read a lot of complaints that it dries too fast. I put moisturizer on before I apply the foundation and it goes on smoothly and you have time to apply as needed. It is the only makeup that stays on my face all day. I have tried other department store brands, very expensive, that does not last as well as this product. I use the Nude Beige 605 and it blends well when you use bronzers in the summer. I also wipe the pump opening off before I apply also so keep it from squirting me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

This foundation has good coverage and really does last all day. You have to work fast because it dries very quick! The colour tends to change in the bottle as it ages. The pump gives out when there is lots of product in the bottom and it gets clogged really easily. I've used this foundation four times and it's does the job.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lmb90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried a couple of different colours of this on my chest in store before buying and was happy with the shade. I got it home and as I pumpd it out the bottle I noticed how different the colour looked on natural light from the harsh bright lights of store but putting it on face it seemed a near enough colour to my skin. As it started to dry however it went MUCH darker and very very orangey on face. I looked like I had had a bad fake tan! Really disappointing for a foundation that costs 12.99!! The consistency is also quite thick and it didn't go very far, I found I needed quite a lot of cover my face. It also drys too quickly which makes it tricky to blend. It does have quite a good medium to full coverage that I was looking for but the way the colour changed so dramatically on my face has put off this product completely, I won't even bother trying a different shade of it.