August 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Self Tanners - Johnson & Johnson - Holiday Skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by niff524

This is one of the worst self tanning products I've used... It takes a few days to build up a colour (I'm a NC30 when I'm not tanned) and the orange factor is definitely high!!! Also it fades very poorly, comes on in patches and makes me look like I have some skin disease :((( Very disappointed...........

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by handheld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Given that I've only been fake tanning about 5 months and have bought this product 5+ times, it's perhaps a surprise to hear that I think very little of it. My biggest problem is that it starts peeling off soon after application (like dry skin would, if I had dry skin) thus ruining any chance of an even, natural looking tan. It's also rather unattractive. However, I'll probably continue to buy it, simply because it's available in a number of shops for just 1.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by maebusch

This is for the UK version.

I cannot understand the negative reviews about this product. I use it most days after my morning shower. Although do alternate with the Nivea version (it all depends which one is on offer!).

It's a fresh smelling gel lotion and applies really easy, so easy that you don't really need to use that much to get all over coverage. I exfoliate a few times a week so I don't get the patchiness that some users get. It gives me a light tan colour (I'm naturally pale so the darkest I'd go is a medium tan anyway), I don't look like I've spent weeks in the tropics but I look healthy which is what I want.

I also suffer from itchy, dry skin and this stuff keeps me wonderfully moisturised for 24hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kklwa

I have fallen for using this product over and over agian, as it sits on the shelf in my bathroom.
This tanner is too runny, and easy to streak. did i forget to say ORANGE!
I am a self tan aholic and for a gradual tan much prefer using the Dove gradual tanner

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by marthawilliams

this product was not good at all!
it made my legs streaky, and the smell is very off putting
the only thing going for this product is that it is gradual, and therefore you dont end up with orange legs on the first day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by N1cky3

To sum this product up quickly:
- steaky
- nothing gradual about it
- smells dreadful

please don't buy this product- such a waste of money.
I've heard the Dove ones much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Redsilas77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the UK version. This was recommended to me by a friend. I'm pasty white pale and wanted some light and gradual color on my legs and arms. Mostly for my legs. I applied the product - and the smell did not bother me. However it took ages to dry. I hated standing around for 15 or so minutes, and finally decided the product was as sink into my skin as it was going to get. After 30 minutes, part of the lotion started to peel off my arms, it felt like plastic.

Surprisingly, after 2 hours I started to notice a color change. I assumed it would take maybe 2-3 applications to get any noticeable color at all - I was wrong.

The good part was the color on my arms did look light and semi-natural. The bad - my legs turned out quite orange and streaky. I was NOT willing to try it again.

Not a good product for us super light/pasty white gals.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by OlesyaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It was my first ever time with STs - so I decided to start with something more or less affordable, i.e. cheap. It was my major mistake. The SMELL IF SO AWFUL, I felt I was about to puke (it was so bad, I don't think I would be able to use it even if it was the best ST ever created). Plus, it gave some strange orange shade to my skin (my skin not very fair, but light) - and it went off leaving ugly stains. Thank god I decided to use it on my legs in winter, when it's easy to hide it. :-)
J&J has a very nice range of products, but this is their major failure lately.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by hellasunday

One word: NO.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is rated so highly in the magazines - but I can't see why!
I purchased this when it first came out & was excited to try it on.
First off: the smell was AWFUL! Possibly the worst self-tanner smell I've ever smelt. Not only does it smell on application, but the next day, the smell is still as strong as ever unless I shower very well with lots of soap.
Made me look orange (I have medium olive skin) & isn't all that moisturizing. Lots of my friends also tried this & they looked 10 times more orange than I did (they had pale skin) & smelt just as bad as me.

Definately won't repurchase - this is the crappest product ever. Holiday skin? Yeah right.