Johnson & Johnson Holiday Skin

2.6

on 3/18/2009 3:02:00 AM

I generally like using Johnsons products, so I had high hopes for this moisturiser when I purchased it a few years ago. However, instead of gradually becoming tanner, the product made my skin turn more orange/brown rather than golden brown :-S

Furthermore, the smell is not appealing at all, so I used to apply the moisturiser only when I knew that I'd be staying at home for a few hours; that way, I could build up some slight colour on my skin and shower off before going out.

Also, when the gradual orange/brown tan started to fade, it faded in patches, so I'd have faint brown spots left after the rest of the tan had gone.

Verdict - I give it 3/10. Don't settle for this smelly orange tan ~ there are much better ones out there!

on 11/25/2008 9:29:00 AM

This is one of the worst self tanning products I've used... It takes a few days to build up a colour (I'm a NC30 when I'm not tanned) and the orange factor is definitely high!!! Also it fades very poorly, comes on in patches and makes me look like I have some skin disease :((( Very disappointed...........

on 11/21/2008 12:38:00 AM

Given that I've only been fake tanning about 5 months and have bought this product 5+ times, it's perhaps a surprise to hear that I think very little of it. My biggest problem is that it starts peeling off soon after application (like dry skin would, if I had dry skin) thus ruining any chance of an even, natural looking tan. It's also rather unattractive. However, I'll probably continue to buy it, simply because it's available in a number of shops for just 1.

on 10/9/2008 8:30:00 AM

This is for the UK version.

I cannot understand the negative reviews about this product. I use it most days after my morning shower. Although do alternate with the Nivea version (it all depends which one is on offer!).

It's a fresh smelling gel lotion and applies really easy, so easy that you don't really need to use that much to get all over coverage. I exfoliate a few times a week so I don't get the patchiness that some users get. It gives me a light tan colour (I'm naturally pale so the darkest I'd go is a medium tan anyway), I don't look like I've spent weeks in the tropics but I look healthy which is what I want.

I also suffer from itchy, dry skin and this stuff keeps me wonderfully moisturised for 24hours.

on 8/26/2008 10:13:00 PM

I have fallen for using this product over and over agian, as it sits on the shelf in my bathroom.
This tanner is too runny, and easy to streak. did i forget to say ORANGE!
I am a self tan aholic and for a gradual tan much prefer using the Dove gradual tanner

this product was not good at all!
it made my legs streaky, and the smell is very off putting
the only thing going for this product is that it is gradual, and therefore you dont end up with orange legs on the first day.

on 7/4/2008 6:20:00 PM

To sum this product up quickly:
- steaky
- nothing gradual about it
- smells dreadful

please don't buy this product- such a waste of money.
I've heard the Dove ones much better.

on 6/30/2008 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This review is for the UK version. This was recommended to me by a friend. I'm pasty white pale and wanted some light and gradual color on my legs and arms. Mostly for my legs. I applied the product - and the smell did not bother me. However it took ages to dry. I hated standing around for 15 or so minutes, and finally decided the product was as sink into my skin as it was going to get. After 30 minutes, part of the lotion started to peel off my arms, it felt like plastic.

Surprisingly, after 2 hours I started to notice a color change. I assumed it would take maybe 2-3 applications to get any noticeable color at all - I was wrong.

The good part was the color on my arms did look light and semi-natural. The bad - my legs turned out quite orange and streaky. I was NOT willing to try it again.

Not a good product for us super light/pasty white gals.

on 6/1/2008 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It was my first ever time with STs - so I decided to start with something more or less affordable, i.e. cheap. It was my major mistake. The SMELL IF SO AWFUL, I felt I was about to puke (it was so bad, I don't think I would be able to use it even if it was the best ST ever created). Plus, it gave some strange orange shade to my skin (my skin not very fair, but light) - and it went off leaving ugly stains. Thank god I decided to use it on my legs in winter, when it's easy to hide it. :-)
J&J has a very nice range of products, but this is their major failure lately.

on 5/15/2008 8:23:00 AM