October 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Eyeliner - Christian Dior - Diorliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a makeup artist and this is the liquid liner I always recommend to others. It dries quickly and is easy to apply (with practice of course). It does not smudge or come off until you want it to. The colors available are black and brown, and navy (this one's been discontinued recently but it's beautiful!).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by the comments below. I've been using this eyeliner for years now and never had the problems mentioned below. It's very easy to apply, packaging is convenient and it dries very quickly. Price is on the higher side but it's worth it. I have it in black and I use it almost everyday. The color is an intense black just like I want. I will keep repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is not waterproof, very easy to remove with a little liquid and some pressure. It doesn't even settle into fine lines on your lids, making skin show through the liner. Love the applicator, color is pretty dark but it just doesn't last! It needs to be waterproof, and it needs to be a little darker to justify its ridiculous $30 price tag.

I will be returning this to Sephora ASAP, it's a complete waste of money, you need to use this at least 2 or 3 times to get a dark black line. Even worse than drug store liners, PLEASE AVOID THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT DISAPPOINTMENT!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I wanted more than anything to love this. I bought this during a random liquid eyeliner phase and Dior usually has marvelous eye makeup. This had equal cons to its pros. One thing is the twist up applicator. You can never quite get just the right amount of liner onto the tip. It's always too much. So the initial application to my eyelid was always messy and had to be adjusted. The trick is you shouldn't twist it a full revolution. a partial twist is all you need to get the liner to th tip. Still, though, I always ended up with black fingertips, huge con! I like my makeup to be as neat as possible. Diorliner just couldn't give me that. 3 lippies because it did make my eyes look very pretty, I'm just not sure if it's worth it considering all that you have to endure just to get in on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by iheartproducts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the shu uemura eyeliner pen for the past 5 years, and i think i may convert to this one! you only need to click it once (easier than the shu push-button), and a good amount of liquid comes out (wait for it to distribute on the brush or wipe on hand to get an even coating). the line is super black, and the pen tip creates a fine line that can easily be made into a great cat eye. the staying power is awesome too. my line was still thick and dark after a night of partying, passing out with my makeup on, and waking up at noon. highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was impressed when the makeup artist at Dior applied this to me at an event at Macys back in February. Looked very black, very precise. I noticed when she applied it, she let the liquid come out onto her hand and then dipped the brush into it, like a reviewer below mentioned. You CANNOT just twist the end and apply without putting it on your hand, or you WILL get a bad application. For the price I paid, this eyeliner should have been amazing. But...it's not. Honestly, I think L'Oreal liquid eyeliner is better than this, though it has sparkle. That's one thing I like about Diorliner - it doesn't have cheap glitter. You can get a pretty even thin or thick line with the brush, too. But because I have to go over the line I make several times to make it look black and not gray, I've only given this product 3 lippies. I'd expect MUCH better from Dior. I should have returned it...but it's way too late now. I barely use this, but I think I'll bring it back to school tomorrow just so I can use it up and feel better, haha. Looks like I'll be rocking cat eyes every time I go out until Christmas break...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

As much as I LOVE Dior this is not one of their best products, it takes a while to dry and by 3 in the afternoon my flare is gone and the line that was one there is now a few splotches.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by GoldenGlow83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, but Chanel has an eyeliner like Diorliner, and it is SO much better. If you like this, try Chanel. I could never go back to this one again, and this used to be my favorite eyeliner. It doesent go on so easy, presice, or give as much colour as Chanel does.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by eshin23

This eyeliner sucks. Haha that's all I can say.
It got all over the place and didn't even stay on.... will never buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2008 4:53:00 AM More reviews by DvB

I really wanted to like this product but it was a disappointment. When the Dior SA showed it to me, I liked the "ease" of application and style of this product. However, the style is a real PITA.

When the end is twisted, either too much or too little product comes out. The consistency is runny (when 1st applied), doesn't last on my lids (even w/ UDPP) and randomly smears off leaving uneven e/l. eeeeeek!!!!.
No plans to repurchase =(