September 19, 2014 | 1830 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by xwhereswaldo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
This product does make lots of suds and doesn't dry out your skin so it seems to me.

CONS:
The smell doesn't last at all.
The scent in the bottle isn't the kind of vanilla I'd like, I'm not sure how to explain it but it smells kind of bland and dirtyish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Philosophy products usually, but I think they somehow cheapened this one. I received this like everyone else at Sephora for my Birthday. The bottle is smaller than Philosophy's standard and on the back of the bottle is Sephora's label...... I think that with this being a product by Philosophy but used by Sephora they have cheapened it somehow, this sounds crazy I know.
All my other scents by Philosophy lasts for quite sometime. Hours after my shower I can still smell it lingering on my skin and rubs off on the clothes I'm wearing too. The Birthday cake disappears as soon as I step out of the shower. I'm just not impressed with this one, but I'll continue to use or give to my sister since it was free.
The best shower gel by Philosophy is Classic Fudge Cake, if your looking for a to die for scent, pick that baby up!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I actally really liked this product as a body wash. It lathered really well on my loofah and the smell was very sublte. I actually preferred that it smelled a little more as it was too sublte. It left my skin feeling soft and smooth and moisturized. I do wish though that it lingered on my skin which it doesnt. I got this free for my birthday but I've finished it now and will purchase it. i prefer to use this in the winter months as I prefer gel body washes for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by LolaRoxie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Violet

I don't know why everyone doesn't like this product. It smells sweet and works perfectly as all it's advertised to do. The shampoo smells fabulous-mabye not for people who are overly sensitive to sweet smells. I mainly use this product as a shampoo and it leaves hair shiny and smelling faintly like the original smell. This is nice because if you want to wear a fragrance-your shampoo is not overpowering. The bubble bath option is extremely foamy. I would totally recommend this to anyone! I might recommend getting this in the 6 oz or 2 oz option before you opt our for the HUGE size, to make sure you enjoy the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by xsteph95

I really don't trust products that read '3 in 1'. Let's be real, can a product really do an amazing job in both the hair and body department in just one go? I may be wrong but anyways.. the stuff smells sweet and the packaging is cute and easy. It will fail to do it's job as a bath gel without a loofah or a scrub because it doesn't lather properly. It will fail as a shampoo as well. Don't even bother giving it a try as a shampoo. I got this for free from Sephora (I guess that's why they're free, hence the quality). I wouldn't discontinue using this product because it is free and it does have a nice smell to it but I would never consider paying for this product once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by bornwithitbeauty

Like everyone else here, I received this product as a free gift on my birthday a week ago.

I love the packaging, the little girl and the "happy birthday beautiful!" is very charming and adorable. I usually detest vanilla scents, but I love the scent of this product! It's not overpowering or sickly sweet, the perfect vanilla scent! As a shower gel, I don't think it lathers well enough, and as a shampoo, it doesn't clean my hair well enough and dries it out. I haven't tried it as a bubble bath yet, but am planning to soon.

Overall, this product is free, so I don't really have anything to complain about! Thanks sephora!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like mostly everybody else, I got this for free on my birthday at Sephora. I I think the scent smells good, like a vanilla cake, as the name implies. The color is a golden-yellow, that has a pearly look to it. When I used it as shampoo, I found that it does the job in getting the oil out of my hair. When I used this as a shower gel, I found that it lathers A LOT! Especially using a shower puff. The only thing I hate is that the scent doesn't linger on my skin, which would have been nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from Sephora as a birthday gift. It's a generous size and I like the smell, but the pearlescent color suggests a very chemically based product. I don't have a puff to use but it still lathers pretty well. I'm on a strict budget so I can definitely appreciate this free treat and since I haven't had any skin reaction to it, I will finish the bottle. The only reason why I wont repurchase is because I don't normally use body wash anyways (nor will I use it as a shampoo because I've heard it's drying and I rarely have the leisure time to take bubble baths).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Like many others, I received a bottle of this product through the Sephora Beauty Insider program for my birthday. This is my first 3-in-1, and to be honest I was skeptical that it could be used as a shower gel, bubble bath, AND shampoo. However, I find that this product makes a decent shampoo, although I definitely need to follow up with a conditioner afterwards. As a shower gel, it's just okay, and I don't take bubble baths so I can't comment on its performance in that regard. But overall, I'm pleased with the scent, which is vanilla-y but not cloyingly so, nor is it overwhelmingly strong (actually, I wish the scent would linger a little longer because it seems like it only lasts a few minutes). It was fun to try and I'll use this up but I probably won't rebuy when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a small bottle of this as part of the philosophy birthday girl set (which comes with a matching lip shine in the cutest packaging you ever saw). I have to say, it's a really nice treat. It smells delish, like, well, vanilla birthday cake. To be specific, it smells like a yummy vanilla layer cake with lots of vanilla buttercream frosting. This stuff has a delightful texture--very creamy and moisturizing. I don't know if I would buy this again because shower gel goes fast chez moi, which means I tend to go with cheapie products, but I would love to receive it again as a gift and I would certainly consider giving it as a gift.