Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

2.9

water (aqua), tea-lauryl sulfate, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, glycerin, sodium chloride, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, fragrance (parfum), peg-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, polyquaternium-7, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 40 (ci 16035).

Got it free for my birthday (of course)... and was so sad when it ran out! Smells delicious, lathers well.. price isn't terrible either imo.

on 2/17/2012 4:11:00 PM

Like everyone else, I got this from Sephora for my birthday.
Color: A creamy yellow (like cake batter!) with a pearly sheen
Scent: OH MY GOD. Birthday cake in a bottle. It doesn't last out of the shower though.
It lathers fairly well, nothing special. In fact, it's mediocre in every way (except for the incredible scent!!!). I wouldn't advise buying this, as it's only redeeming feature is calculated to make you crave cake.

on 2/3/2012 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this for my birthday from Sephora and this was my first time using a bath product from Philosophy. I was really excited because everyone is always raving about how awesome their shower/shampoo products are and I thought this was just okay. I only used this as a shower gel so I can't really say how well it worked as a shampoo/bubble bath. As a shower gel, I did thought it smelled INCREDIBLE! I must admit, there were a few times where I really wanted to lick it hahahaha :P But other than that, I didn't think it was better than any other shower gels I've tried and for the original price, I don't think it's worth it. But it was nice to try :)

on 1/14/2012 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

PROS:
This product does make lots of suds and doesn't dry out your skin so it seems to me.

CONS:
The smell doesn't last at all.
The scent in the bottle isn't the kind of vanilla I'd like, I'm not sure how to explain it but it smells kind of bland and dirtyish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love Philosophy products usually, but I think they somehow cheapened this one. I received this like everyone else at Sephora for my Birthday. The bottle is smaller than Philosophy's standard and on the back of the bottle is Sephora's label...... I think that with this being a product by Philosophy but used by Sephora they have cheapened it somehow, this sounds crazy I know.
All my other scents by Philosophy lasts for quite sometime. Hours after my shower I can still smell it lingering on my skin and rubs off on the clothes I'm wearing too. The Birthday cake disappears as soon as I step out of the shower. I'm just not impressed with this one, but I'll continue to use or give to my sister since it was free.
The best shower gel by Philosophy is Classic Fudge Cake, if your looking for a to die for scent, pick that baby up!!

on 1/9/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I actally really liked this product as a body wash. It lathered really well on my loofah and the smell was very sublte. I actually preferred that it smelled a little more as it was too sublte. It left my skin feeling soft and smooth and moisturized. I do wish though that it lingered on my skin which it doesnt. I got this free for my birthday but I've finished it now and will purchase it. i prefer to use this in the winter months as I prefer gel body washes for the summer.

on 12/28/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse

Eyes: Violet

I don't know why everyone doesn't like this product. It smells sweet and works perfectly as all it's advertised to do. The shampoo smells fabulous-mabye not for people who are overly sensitive to sweet smells. I mainly use this product as a shampoo and it leaves hair shiny and smelling faintly like the original smell. This is nice because if you want to wear a fragrance-your shampoo is not overpowering. The bubble bath option is extremely foamy. I would totally recommend this to anyone! I might recommend getting this in the 6 oz or 2 oz option before you opt our for the HUGE size, to make sure you enjoy the scent.

on 12/27/2011 10:14:00 PM

I really don't trust products that read '3 in 1'. Let's be real, can a product really do an amazing job in both the hair and body department in just one go? I may be wrong but anyways.. the stuff smells sweet and the packaging is cute and easy. It will fail to do it's job as a bath gel without a loofah or a scrub because it doesn't lather properly. It will fail as a shampoo as well. Don't even bother giving it a try as a shampoo. I got this for free from Sephora (I guess that's why they're free, hence the quality). I wouldn't discontinue using this product because it is free and it does have a nice smell to it but I would never consider paying for this product once I run out.

Like everyone else here, I received this product as a free gift on my birthday a week ago.

I love the packaging, the little girl and the "happy birthday beautiful!" is very charming and adorable. I usually detest vanilla scents, but I love the scent of this product! It's not overpowering or sickly sweet, the perfect vanilla scent! As a shower gel, I don't think it lathers well enough, and as a shampoo, it doesn't clean my hair well enough and dries it out. I haven't tried it as a bubble bath yet, but am planning to soon.

Overall, this product is free, so I don't really have anything to complain about! Thanks sephora!

on 12/7/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like mostly everybody else, I got this for free on my birthday at Sephora. I I think the scent smells good, like a vanilla cake, as the name implies. The color is a golden-yellow, that has a pearly look to it. When I used it as shampoo, I found that it does the job in getting the oil out of my hair. When I used this as a shower gel, I found that it lathers A LOT! Especially using a shower puff. The only thing I hate is that the scent doesn't linger on my skin, which would have been nice.

Popular Gels/Soaps