Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

2.9

water (aqua), tea-lauryl sulfate, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, glycerin, sodium chloride, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, fragrance (parfum), peg-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, polyquaternium-7, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 40 (ci 16035).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is my current HG body wash. I wish it had less chemicals, and plan to switch over to Dr. Bronner's, but it's the best I've tried so far. Usually body washes make my skin super dry, and moisturizing ones make me break out. This is the only one that has made me feel completely clean yet without itchy dry skin later on!

As a shampoo, it did NOT work for me. It made my long, wavy hair into a tangled mess of tiny rough crimps. I don't remember if I've ever used it as a bubble bath.

I got this for free from Sephora for my birthday (like many others), but now I plan to get another Philosophy 3-in-1 as a treat for my birthday! (They're kind of expensive.)

If you're like me, your New Year's resolution probably involved something about finally 'getting in shape.' A major part of this is, of course, cutting back on many of the delicious goodies that added inches to your waistline in the first place. If you're still mourning the loss of your favorite sweet treats, wipe off your tears and hop into the shower! Philosophy has recently released a whole plethora of yummy three-in-one shampoo / shower gel / bubble bath products. So, even if you can't eat a slice of birthday cake at least you can smell like one! Nom, nom, nom ... These products are absolutely fab! Can you tell I'm a big fan? The delicious concoctions lather like a dream, moisturize well and smell divine - DIVINE! The only downside is that the scent doesn't linger long on your skin after you get out of the shower. If you'd like to smell like a bakery all day (which I do) just work the gel into your hair, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse. Your locks will smell like sugar and spice and everything nice all day long!

Read more at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com

Got it free for my birthday (of course)... and was so sad when it ran out! Smells delicious, lathers well.. price isn't terrible either imo.

Like everyone else, I got this from Sephora for my birthday.
Color: A creamy yellow (like cake batter!) with a pearly sheen
Scent: OH MY GOD. Birthday cake in a bottle. It doesn't last out of the shower though.
It lathers fairly well, nothing special. In fact, it's mediocre in every way (except for the incredible scent!!!). I wouldn't advise buying this, as it's only redeeming feature is calculated to make you crave cake.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this for my birthday from Sephora and this was my first time using a bath product from Philosophy. I was really excited because everyone is always raving about how awesome their shower/shampoo products are and I thought this was just okay. I only used this as a shower gel so I can't really say how well it worked as a shampoo/bubble bath. As a shower gel, I did thought it smelled INCREDIBLE! I must admit, there were a few times where I really wanted to lick it hahahaha :P But other than that, I didn't think it was better than any other shower gels I've tried and for the original price, I don't think it's worth it. But it was nice to try :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

PROS:
This product does make lots of suds and doesn't dry out your skin so it seems to me.

CONS:
The smell doesn't last at all.
The scent in the bottle isn't the kind of vanilla I'd like, I'm not sure how to explain it but it smells kind of bland and dirtyish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love Philosophy products usually, but I think they somehow cheapened this one. I received this like everyone else at Sephora for my Birthday. The bottle is smaller than Philosophy's standard and on the back of the bottle is Sephora's label...... I think that with this being a product by Philosophy but used by Sephora they have cheapened it somehow, this sounds crazy I know.
All my other scents by Philosophy lasts for quite sometime. Hours after my shower I can still smell it lingering on my skin and rubs off on the clothes I'm wearing too. The Birthday cake disappears as soon as I step out of the shower. I'm just not impressed with this one, but I'll continue to use or give to my sister since it was free.
The best shower gel by Philosophy is Classic Fudge Cake, if your looking for a to die for scent, pick that baby up!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I actally really liked this product as a body wash. It lathered really well on my loofah and the smell was very sublte. I actually preferred that it smelled a little more as it was too sublte. It left my skin feeling soft and smooth and moisturized. I do wish though that it lingered on my skin which it doesnt. I got this free for my birthday but I've finished it now and will purchase it. i prefer to use this in the winter months as I prefer gel body washes for the summer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse

Eyes: Violet

I don't know why everyone doesn't like this product. It smells sweet and works perfectly as all it's advertised to do. The shampoo smells fabulous-mabye not for people who are overly sensitive to sweet smells. I mainly use this product as a shampoo and it leaves hair shiny and smelling faintly like the original smell. This is nice because if you want to wear a fragrance-your shampoo is not overpowering. The bubble bath option is extremely foamy. I would totally recommend this to anyone! I might recommend getting this in the 6 oz or 2 oz option before you opt our for the HUGE size, to make sure you enjoy the scent.

I really don't trust products that read '3 in 1'. Let's be real, can a product really do an amazing job in both the hair and body department in just one go? I may be wrong but anyways.. the stuff smells sweet and the packaging is cute and easy. It will fail to do it's job as a bath gel without a loofah or a scrub because it doesn't lather properly. It will fail as a shampoo as well. Don't even bother giving it a try as a shampoo. I got this for free from Sephora (I guess that's why they're free, hence the quality). I wouldn't discontinue using this product because it is free and it does have a nice smell to it but I would never consider paying for this product once I run out.