September 17, 2014 | 981 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Shontane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try this stuff after i bought it when i read all the amazing reviews on it. at first it felt amazinggggg, just glided onto my skin but the next day my face had completely broken out and it was the worst break out i had ever had in my life! i tried this a year ago and my skin is still recovering from 2 uses (second time was because i didnt want to believe it broke me out). so definitely will never be purchasing again or recommending to anyone! worst experience i've had with makeup!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makes a lot of my foundations go on smoother and more flawless but it breaks me out allllllll the time! so i'm better off looking for a better primer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Mandylee05

I love love LOVE this primer! I have tried many primers even ones that are less expensive and comparable to this primer and none of them come close! It leaves my skin smooth and minimizes all of my pores. The finish with my foundation is FLAWLESS! If your thinking about buying this primer DO IT! you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this primer more than other primers I've bought and sampled. For me, I use a primer to: +Help my makeup go on smoother, +Look better(makeup/end result),+trying to cover up as many pores and imperfections as I can before I put foundation. Longevity is nice, but I already wear full coverage-long lasting foundation(MAC, Shiseido, Estee Lauder Double Wear) so to extend the longevity beyond 15+hours is unnecessary unless I were traveling or at a hot concert, something extreme, etc. I do not think my makeup lasts longer but again, that's not an issue I am concerned about.

This primer does everything I want it to do:+Makeup goes on smoother(SO smooth!), +Skin looks better/more flawless result, and +Pores covered up. One perk which I am relived by this primer is that It is +CLEAR! I have Shiseidos primer which is wonderful....except its pink-white tint, the reason I won't use it anymore. Many primers(ea:Benefit) have a strong pink-white tint that is supposed to go away by rubbing it in, but some dont! Does not flatter me at all, I have yellow-tan skin and it looks horrible on me! So THANK YOU Smashbox for making this primer universal.

I like the fact this is silicone based. I have tried other primers without silicone and they just sink into my skin like a moisturizer, disappear, and do not help with my skin or makeup so...whats the point? I have normal-dry skin and Ive never had an issue with this primer making my skin look worse or drier. I can imagine ladies with combination-oily skin might have a problem. I have Never broken out from this. Comes in a convenient travel-friendly squeeze tube.

What I dont like: The price. This is not cheap and being in Switzerland, the most expensive country in the world, Its a pain. I mentioned it DOES cover pores, but I wish it covered them more thoroughly. I will have to buy a specific spot/pore treatment primer for that I guess.Besides that, this is one of the best primers I have ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by ppeaches

I found a sample size of this in my makeup stash recently and decided to give it a go. I don't usually use primer but as the weather's getting warmer my face is a lot oiler. Anyway, I'm not sure what all the hype is about tbh. It doesn't make my makeup last longer, it doesn't cover pores/fine lines and it's a tad greasy. A lot of people rave about this product, and if it works for them and they can justify spending so much money on it - great. But it's not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a waste of money. I don't know how people rave about it, it did not make my foundation beautiful nor last longer. I do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've seen this primer recommended dozens of times through Pinterest and magazines alike ("top 100 beauty products" and the like). I was curious to know what the hype was all about so I was pretty excited to get a free sample in a Smashbox starter pack.

But this stuff is just disappointing. The formula is way too greasy, it does nothing for my make-up, and at nearly $50 CAN for a full tube it's an expensive mistake to make. Despite Smashbox having a reputation for a variety of great primers I can't say I was very impressed with the original Photo Finish Primer.

Too greasy. Not enough longevity. Too expensive.
An overall lackluster performance by Smashbox.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lipstiklover

Everytime I use this I break out horribly. I also read someone's review on here that this balls up when they put their makeup powder on, it happened to me as well with foundation. I use Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation and it flakes off and balls up and just doesn't seem to click with that foundation. I've tried using a lot of product and a little and both times I didn't notice a difference. Makeup still settled into my pores/lines,still got oily; didn't do what it claims. Sadly, this didn't work out for me as hard as I tried to like it and make it work for me. Will be returning soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Luciibabi

It does the job, but its just ok. I found it did make my make up last longer, but not that much, and i found that i needed to use a lot of it which i wasn't a fan of.

It is good and i see why a lot of people like it, it just wasn't right for me, but who knows it could work for you. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by misslizzybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this as a sample before I committed. A lot of people I talk to don't like this primer because of the texture, so it would be wise to try it before buying. It feels silky to me. As far as its quality, I've noticed a huge difference in the way my make up looks. I definitely have a more flawless finish when I use the primer and set with powder. It also makes my make up stay on a lot longer.