April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

It has good staying power and was easy to apply/felt nice but broke me out horribly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There seem to be quite a few mixed reviews on this product. I can see where both sides are coming from to be honest. When I first tried this product I was on the side of people who thought it was horrible. I used a small amount like others recommended. Doing that I didn't see any difference to my makeup.
But when I began using more ( a slightly smaller than dime size amount on each cheek, forehead, and chin) I saw a difference. With this method I noticed my makeup staying without fading, and it didn't settle into the couple of lines near my mouth like it normally would. It makes putting on foundation a lot more pleasant as well since I don't have to rub as much to blend, and the foundation doesn't catch onto and emphasize any dry skin patches that may be present.

I have noticed slightly longer staying power but only by like an hour or so. But my foundation doesn't tend to wear off too much anyway unless it's really hot, and I haven't had this that long.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by sierraxoxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I honestly wanted to like this product when I bought it. Unfortunately it does nothing for me. I will admit it made my skin baby soft which offered a good base for my foundation. However, my makeup actually faded FASTER with this product than without. Maybe I just got a bad batch? I will not recommend this to anyone and I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by JenniferBalesteri

I just read all of the wonderful ladies' reviews on this and am not sure if I'm going to purchase or not!

I received a sample from Sephora, and had the little packet in my makeup bag for a week...I had some time today and smoothed it on. Felt very nice...of course it's loaded with silicones, etc, but felt very velvety going on. Also, I read to not use much at all, so I didn't.

6 hours later, my face has ZERO shine. This stuff sucked up all of my afternoon shine on my T-zone. My foundation (Lancome Renergie Lift makeup NC20) has not budged.

Not a huge difference in my pores, but they do seem smoother in appearance. I'll wait and see if I break out, but so far, I'm really liking this primer! I don't know if I need to buy it for everyday, but it's nice to have on to extend my face makeup wear!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff but I think it's really similar to other silicone primers out there!

My skin feels hydrated, silky soft and kind of blurred with this, like with others silicone primers. My foundation goes on super smooth and easily after I've applied this.

I got this as a sample and the sample really lasted a long time for me so maybe eventually I'll purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by arejayy

I am obsessed with this primer!!!! My makeup always looked cakey on my nose & cheeks - I have large pores & have been looking for something that would make them appear smaller. Then I found this. My makeup never looks bad anymore. It makes my skin feel so velvety smooth, I love it. It's pretty pricey, but this is the one thing I will splurge on!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by yungbadgal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this product. I have dry skin and I like that it has a hydrating component, and it feels like silk when you apply it. I don't know that it does ALL the things the package claims to, but it's better than nothing. When I run out this time I think I'll give another primer a try just to experiment, but previously I have repurchased multiple times.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and used it today, and it looked nice....until I touched my face. Then I remembered why I had a full-size of this primer years ago that I ended up swapping away. Because the second my hand brushes across my face, the product balls up and looks like skin flakes (maybe this is what they put in those scam peel gels?). I can't see how I could apply foundation over this when it does this. And it balled up into flakes on both dry areas of my skin and my forehead, which is more oily. I've never used a primer that has had this effect.

That said, it feels nice cosmetically. Soft, silky, silicone-y. It didn't irritate my skin or break me out either time I used it, so it gets an extra star for that. I can see how it would be a nice product without the flaking, but for me, it's unusable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by veelui

im starting to see why smashbox is famous for their primers, it made my foundation last longer and also mixed in, it helps to sheer out into a tinted moisturizer. i bought the travel size, and its going to last a long time as rhere are many primers in my rotation. i like that it is oil free, i tried maybelline's age rewind, the feeling is pretty similar but that one made my skin feel as if jm wearing a mask. this one is really light weight, which i like. i would never but their jumbo 1.7 oz bc even though it says good deal, 49 is super expensive when you can buy 4 of the small ones (~1.6oz) and still spend $9 less. so the smaller sized bottles are actually more worth it ($10 each) and you get to try different formulas

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lupita465

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried a lot of primers because i have a problem----i am a primer-aholic.....i love the feel of the primer on my face...i sometimes don't even put any makeup over it. anyway....the original smash box was my very very first primer. I fell in love with it but i have found similar products that i would repurchase also. The smell was never an issue, the texture is silicone-y feels like velvet--the foundation went on so very very smooth...doesnt sink into fine lines and it doesn't clog my pores. Did not break me out and it made my (Estee Lauder & Lancome) foundation last so much longer. the price is alright, but it is on the higher end, the packaging is in a squeeze tube but it is easy to control the amount being dispensed.