Kanebo KATE super sharp liner

4.3

on 8/19/2010 10:56:00 AM

I chose this over the inkwell-style Quick Eyeliner because:

a) It sets immediately. Quick Eyeliner requires you to allow for a few seconds to let the liquid dry. If you're impatient and are not willing to sit there with your eyes closed to prevent liner from transferring onto your lids, you should go with Super Sharp. Quick Eyeliner was also excessively runny and difficult to get a clean line.

b) Micro-fine line. This is down to personal preference. The Quick Eyeliner produces a thicker line. I want a thinner line with a super fine brush that allows me to get as close to my lash line as possible.

c) Easier to control brush. Perhaps it's due to the pen format (Quick Eyeliner is an inkwell), but I had an easier time working with the pen as it allowed me to place my hand closer to my eyes.

d) Lasts longer than Quick Eyeliner. Quick Eyeliner came off immediately with 1 round of soap and water, Super Sharp took 2 cleans with soap and water. Both were tested on the back of my hand and washed simultaneously.

If you want a super rich, patent leather black, then Quick Eyeliner is definitely the darker of the two, but sacrificing longevity and ease of application.

I love this liquid eyeliner. It is super easy to control the line and it lasts really well. The only drawback is that it has to be layered for a dark effect, but it's no big deal. I will def buy again!

on 6/29/2010 9:33:00 PM

Purchased this in Taiwan when I was there for a holiday. Paid NT238 (around SGD$11/USD$8) for it at a Asian chain of drugstores (Watsons).

First of all, I'm a total eyeliner newbie. Have rarely used eyeliner before and my past trials has only resulted in super-smudged/unintentional smoky eyes.

I personally find this one does what it promises - it can achieve a very thin line (due to my ineptness, I usually still end up with uneven lines as I draw my eyeliner in 2 parts), but it's super easy to wet a cotton bud and rub the offending area away.

Have worn this in Singapore (where it's super humid all the time) and have slightly oily eyelids (did not put any primer beforehand) and find that this can last me through a typical day of subway-office-shopping mall-dinner etc.

on 6/7/2010 4:50:00 AM

I do love this eyeliner a lot. But the color doesnít come out to well. I have to put it third times to make it right. Even if I already bought the black ones, but itís still comes out like a dark brown. Still, this is good eyeliner. It easy to use for a beginner, the tip is so thick and fine.

on 3/24/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner alot! But the colour are not dark enough so if you looking for some eyeliner with dark black then this one won't be your choice. On the other hand, if you want to have a natural look then this eyeliner will be best for you~ and it is very easy to use!!

on 3/24/2010 1:28:00 AM

I have pretty oily lids so I couldn't wear liquid liner without it smudging on my lids very quickly. I was hesitant about purchasing this liner because of that. However, after reading reviews on how great it is I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I love this!! I was looking for a very thin liner for days where I want to look natural and this did just that. On top of that, it didn't budge all day! No smudges on my lid from the liner :)! At least not until I wiped it off with makeup remover haha. Definitely recommend this product for people having a hard time looking for a liner that wouldn't rub off within the hour!

on 2/1/2010 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

an overall great liner. Its v fine, has a flexible felt tip, easy to control with linng, Color comes out even. The fine tip enables thin or thick lines, and the price is great too!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The brush is good, like all other Kanebo eyeliner. But the black is too sheer.

on 1/3/2010 6:32:00 AM

This is perhaps the best liquid eyeliner I've used in a long time. I usually don't like liquid liners because the brushes tend to be clumsy, but this one lives up to its 'super sharp' claim. It basically stains your eyelid, so it never smudges, not even on the bottom eyelids! It's easily removable with a waterproof eye-makeup remover (I've used Sephora and Neutrogena), followed by any facial cleanser. I use the BK-1 (black) colour, but it's not as dark as I'd like it to be. Nevertheless, it's easy to build the colour and thickness without making a mess. This eyeliner is probably more suitable for the daytime look--natural and simple, but if you're looking for something more dramatic, try the KATE gel liner.

on 11/17/2009 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the best eyeliners I've ever used! It's easy to use and light to carry. Bought it in Japan 5 years ago and been loving it since. I get it from ebay and the price is very reasonable, only ~$15 and lasts 12months. This is a HG product for me.

Top Rated Kanebo Products