December 18, 2014 | 1646 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by DesertRabbit

When I read the instruction, it saids need to rinse the brush after use. But the MUA told me it's fine as a spot cleanser, no need to rinse. And the reviews here also said the same. So I give it a try with no water. And the result is GREAT! Quick, clean, no heavy scent, hygienic. COOL! Maybe I will pour it into spray bottle later, more easily to use and less dosage! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best brush cleaner ever. Spot cleaner, anyway. It makes my brushes nice and new and it doesn't smell terrible also. When you compare it to drug store brands or ELF they just don't compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I finally picked this up for the first time about 2 weeks ago.... Now that I have it, I'm wondering why the heck I didn't get it any sooner. It's something that I now can't be without. As someone who owns a lot of makeup brushes, that time to wash them is a big pain in the Jou know what. So I bought this for spot cleaning. I don't have to wash them as often as I used to. I never really had a problem with the packaging at first until I started reading other reviews about how much product gets wasted so I think I will buy myself a little spray bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently bought MAC's Brush Cleanser and it works really well for spot cleaning, you can instantly tell when the brushes are clean. However I decided to deep clean my brushes with this today and I wasn't so wowed by the outcome as it was impossible to tell if they were clean plus the packaging was wasting product all over the place. Overall, I do like this item for spot cleaning but not so sure about a deep clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Teopadure

My first brush cleanser and it's amazing !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sinthuja19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this to spot clean my brushes. I pour some onto a towel and swirl my dirty brushes and it cleans it very nicely. It also dries pretty quickly too. MAC can work on its packaging for this and I hope in the future they will make it packaged with a spray pump. I would definitely recommend this product if your looking for something to spot clean your dirty brushes on the go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this stuff for years as my staple spot cleanser for my brushes. I keep a hand towel on my vanity, drip some of this onto a dirty brush, and swish it around on the towel until it comes up clean. I do not rinse afterwards. I let them air dry for a few minutes, and they're ready to use again! For deep cleaning, I use shampoo. I wish it has a spray bottle, I waste alot of product dripping it out.

EDIT: since when Is this $15!? YIKES.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love using this in between washes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this brush cleaner for years. It was my first brush cleaner, actually! After I finished my first bottle I experimented with other cleaners but none cut the mustard like MAC's. I find you can waste product because it leaks out the top pretty easily. I've since found a spritzer to replace the pop-open top and its been a dream! Once your brush is clean, it takes no more than a minute for the brush to fully dry. I like to lay mine on a 'sham-wow' to absorb moisture from my larger brushes. This cleaner will not compromise the integrity of your brushes and does the job right! I will definitely stay a loyal buyer - the formula is just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I have spent many years cleaning out my brushes with water and a paper towel. This is the worst thing you can do to your brushes. The bristles get ruined and you can't get maximum use out of your brushes anymore. I bought this product as an impulse-buy and it was the best decision I could have made for my brushes. It makes them completely brand new. It takes all the dirt off and leaves them smelling great. Don't use water anymore and stop wasting money on buying new brushes!