August 28, 2014 | 1591 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite perfume and I always receive compliments when I wear it. I love it because it's never overpowering, it's smells fresh and clean and doesn't bother me like other perfumes do. There's something about it on my skin that makes people comment on it all the time.

But... It just doesn't smell the same way on everybody. A friend of mine tried it and it was just not the same as on me.
My best advice is to try on a perfume a couple of times before you buy it. Give it a few hours and then ask people what they think.

Good luck finding the right perfume! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got Light Blue on a cruise about three years ago and it has been my signature scent ever since (yes, in the winter too- I'm not going to let Mother Nature dictate when I can wear my favourite perfume). I just got another box set for my birthday this year and I couldn't be more pleased!

Pros:
- Although considered a con for some people, Light Blue doesn't reek of floral notes. It may just have something to do with my body chemistry, but there is something about floral-centric perfumes that make me smell like a walking migraine (and since floral notes compose 99% of most women's perfume on the market I've had some bad luck to say the least). Light Blue is a clean scent, with tones that are more fresh linen- esque and citrus-based.
- The packaging, like the scent, is clean and simple. I can easily see when I need to go out and buy some more since the bottle is a foggy glass (and bonus: easy to store).

Cons:
- Everyone is thinking it, I'm just saying it: the price. I paid about $80 dollars US in a duty free when I initially purchased the fragrance.
- Light Blue is definitely more of a summer scent (although I wear it year-round) and some people may not be willing to drop the cash for a scent that typically can only be worn a few months of the year.
- Some people may also be bothered by how light the scent is. It does require some re-application over the course of the day (depending on what you're doing), but you'll never have to worry about it being overpowering, either.

Overall, Light Blue is the perfect summer scent and the only perfume that I've had consistent success with in terms of remaining true to it's scent over time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume! it smells clean and fresh, not overpowering but lingers subtly for a few hours before a respray is required. I used to work on a fragrance counter, and if someone was stuck on a perfume to buy, I always let them try out this one.. I would say around 7/10 purchased it. Its non offensive and an all rounder imo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by t4nvmind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a gift from my best friend. Best scent ever, last long, I have got countless complements from wearing this scent. It has become my most favorite scent. Seriously I would die if they discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ConfessionsofaDiorAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Light Blue -- fresh, citrusy, AMAZING. One of my well loved scents. It's girl and sophisticated, and lasts long. Not for everyone, but if you like fresh scents, definitely give this a try in stores before purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by schristi2800

Ew yuck, I am not a fan if this scent. Smells like a citrus bathroom spray. Bought this on a blind buy because of so many good reviews.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this fragrance as a x-mas gift from my parents in-law and I hated it. I really like orientals, gourmands and vanilla scented fragrances and this is nothing like that. To me, it smells like lemon soap, it's fresh, but almost "too" fresh, it smells like a clean, sterile enviroment, like a hospital maybe LOL. My first impresion was that I had received a male cologne by mistake hahahaha. But I have been putting my efforts on giving it a try and as the days go by I get more used to this scent. I think this is something for summer days, not at all for winter or for the night time. This is suitable for vacations or open air activities when you don't want to give the impression that you are trying too hard, if you are looking for something sexy or cozy this is not for you. I will not repurchase this but I plan to wear the whole bottle until it goes out of my sight.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this. I love the name. I love the velvety blue box. It smelled wonderful on a friend of mine. Unfortunately, on me it smells like Lemon Pledge. I definately recommend trying before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

i had a sample bottle of this and i loved it. it smelled so nice and very lite. no heavy musky smells. totally want to buy some

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one I just don't "get." It opens with a blast of rubbing alcohol and dries down to an odd combination of lemon sorbet (Jean Nate, anyone?) and cedar shavings. The cedar in particular is offputting. The product itself has almost no sillage or longevity, which may be a godsend. I've sampled it many times, on skin and on clothing, and always have the same response: "THIS costs so much?" A big MEH.