October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dolce Vita

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

How many Holy Grails potions can a girl have ? This is my new Holy Grail . I just love Dior fragrances- you either love 'em or hate 'em ......
A relative of Feminite du Bois , this is lighter ,more sunny . Liquid sunshine .I am in love with the cedar note, heliotrope and the vanilla oakmoss ,sandalwood base.
It's a chic, subtle but lingering fragrance- it has all the qualities of a signature fragrance.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Multifaceted

I like it but it's not something I find captivating.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Luminous, lovely.
When I got my bottle of Dolce Vita (last year, but it was the 1996 formulation), I went wild, wastefully spraying it on at school and parties and bedtime (the phrase "sweet dreams" took on a broader meaning). From all the perfumes I've ever tried, I've recieved THE MOST COMPLIMENTS on Dolce Vita.
Now that I am mature enough to carry it off, I find it has only a few precious sprays left..sob. (One of these I just used as reference to write this review.) Flowery and spicy, with a very edible center (cinammon, apricot & peach..yum) and a luxurious sandalwood/vanilla drydown. The touch of cardamom reminds me of my grandmother's cooking, she adds it to everything. It doesn't smell fruity at all, despite the middle notes, they just give it bouancy. Though no chocolate is mentioned in the notes, Dolce Vita retains the essence of rich, savoury hot chocolate--it is mouth-watering. It all comes together like a symphony. If you want people to go "Mmmm..." as you walk past, wear this fragrance.
(I sympathize with the reviewer who says it makes her pig out..but personally, just having it float about me all day curbs my appetite..fills me up).
I heard They reformulated Dolce Vita, which is a pity. Diorissimo met with the same tragic fate. Whoever "They" are, They deserve a spanking.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not one of Dior's better offerings. It is a bland, sweet, vanillic scent that smells like dozens of other less expensive fragrances. I love Dior (Diorissimo, J'adore - often villified, but lovely I think, Miss Dior, and Diorella). I really think at $102.00 for 100 ml EdT, this should offer a lot more than boredom. No sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ljubica

This is a fragrance I find alluring but hard to wear. It's very layered, spicy and sweet. It does not give me a headache like many too sweet scents, but it makes my throat dry. I feel like I suddenly developed hyperglicemia. I think that the solution might be in applying a very small amount, and mostly on my wrists. The good thing is that when I wear it I don't need any sweets, so it's a perfect scent if you're on diet. Unless it is fatenning too...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by nabegum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got into possession of this old bottle and it's rather heavy for my taste..A little sweet woody and warm. By the way, my 100ml is not the sprayer type. It's the dab on.. Does anyone know why it was manufactured with a dab on cap when the bottle is so big? Also difficult to use as the cap can be very tight and took quite sometimes to take if off. I have to use a spoon to pry it open if I push it in too tightly. If I do not do that, the perfume will evaporized. But I have to say that the bottle is gorgeous and looks so beautiful on my dresser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by violette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one! This fruity/floral/spicy oriental-vanilla is so perfectly balanced, I honestly haven't smelled anything else quite like it. It's just so yummy & addictive, I can't stop smelling my wrists! (The only complaint I have is that it's not available in the EDP form, which I find a bit strange considering that it's not an offensively strong perfume at all). Whenever I'm feeling a bit blue, I just spray on some Dolce Vita & it instantly perks me up. This perfume truly is an "expression of joy and happiness", as claimed by Dior on its website. Definitely worth the full bottle, which, by the way, is a real objet d'art as is the pretty, vintage style black & yellow polka-dotted box. Like Fellini's 1960s cinematic masterpiece of the same name, this one is sure to become a beloved classic.

The notes from Dior:

Top: Lily, Magnolia, Rose
Heart: Apricot, Peach, Cinnamon
Base: Sandalwood, Heliotropin, Vanilla

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Beautiful gem of a bottle, and a calm, quality fragrance that surprises me with its solemnity and joyful elegance but never gets carved into my fragrance memory. Actually, when I try to think of Dolce Vita, I find myself thinking of two other fragrances: Mitsouko and Champs Elysees. Mitsouko because Dolce Vita has a similar drydown, but without that distant melancholy that makes Mitsouko unique in my olfactory memory. Instead, Dolce Vita resonates with controlled comfort. perhaps a feeling of content. And Champs Elysees, not because they smell similar but because to me, Dolce Vita aspires to what the other can so effortlessly achieve. This is the sweet life of a confident, comfortable, well-off and well-mannered woman with beautiful and well-dressed children playing the piano and wearing Miss Dior Cherie.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh no!!! *cough* *cough* ~definitely not for me :P Headache inducing combo of sharp floral and syrupy sweet with a cumin spice (aka "armpit reek) finish. To make things worse, the lasting power is through the roof - this fragrance STICKS to the skin for an eternity! I had to use rubbing alcohol to remove it completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by aquasea2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think love of Dolce Vita is a chemistry thing .. I find it vibrant and happy when I first spray and then deliciously spicy and peppery as it dries down. To me it's a very classy, elegant scent but vivacious and energetic as well.

Permanent fixture in my collection.

This is hands down the best thing on my dresser. Not I think the one that sums me up the best, but smells great, is distinctive, lasts and lasts and generates compliments like no tomorrow.