December 20, 2014 | 763 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by amsimmons17

This facial scrub is amazing! I have been using it everyday now for the past week and I can tell a difference in my skin. It looks smoother and healthier looking! I highly recommend using this product every night to help wash your make-up off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree wholeheartedly with TeeTeeRarr. The original was my favorite scrub ever ever ever. It was amazing. A couple years ago, they changed it and when I tried it right after the change, I hated it! So sad. I would've used it till my dying day if they had kept the old formula. Sigh. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by bhenderson

Okay, I'm almost finished with my second jar of this and will always purchase it as long as they make it. This stuff keeps my face clear because of the exfoliation I get everyday, but it's so gentle.. So it just keeps your skin soft and smooth. It removed makeup amazingly well. It says not to use in eye area, but I do gently, only when I'm wearing makeup. The jar can be a little hard to get used to, but it's cute. This stuff is concentrated so you don't need much. Just try it!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by TeeTeeRarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the ORIGINAL recipe!! Oh how I miss thee!!! For those who have used this scrub for a while, you would have noticed a change in ingredients, ratios and consistency. I believe this happened when the original owners sold the company. I loved the original because it was very thick. In fact it did not move. That is how concentrated it was in the jar. This meant more bang for buck. The higher concentration meant you only needed very little and it lasted forever! It really was gentle enough for daily use, a rare find for a tub scrub. It was not harsh on contact and never irritated or dried out the skin. The texture was very fine, no chunky or large granules like most scrubs. It left your skin soothed, comfortable, moisturized and glowing!! This in addition to giving you an excellent exfoliation!

The newer formular uses cheaper ingredients and is a lot less concentrated (more water. Bad!). While the original looked like a moist solid, you can actually see the liquid when you open the jar of this newer version. It is less effective and more expensive in the long run because you are buying more. You are paying more for less.

I have been hunting a good replacement ever since the formula was changed but I have come out short. I prefer scrubs in tubs to those in tubes so if any of you die hard fans of the original formula have found a suitable replacement that can be used daily, please help me out. Message me the info.

RIP Original Citrus Facial Scrub :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product twice. It's kind of expensive for the amount you get but I must admit it works substantially and noticeably better than the other methods of exfoliation I've used (St. Ives, washcloths, scrubbing face pads). It leaves my skin incredibly smooth and soft and radiant and smells wonderful. It doesn't really help clear up breakouts but neither does any other scrub I've ever used and it doesn't cause any new ones.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SophiaJK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product after read so many good reviews about it. The product itself is quite lovely and did its work as a scrub but it gave me so many break out.

When I first used it, i was doubt whether that (too fine) texture of this scrub would really remove any dirt from my skin. IT DID! my skin glow and was smooth after the first time. But a day or two after that....omg, i was so busy curing the break outs. Doesn't worth the trouble for me. If you have dry skin, I would recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Helloshelbi

I love LOVE this stuff. It cleans so well ive tried so many facial washes and this does NOT break me out. It is amazing!!!! I feel so refreshed after I use this. Bc its a gentle exfoliant it clears out all the pores.

I will forever buy this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this stuff smells delish and makes my face baby soft thanks to the oils. i dont find this stuff messy at all, infact, its really easy to use- scoop some out, add a couple drops of water to make a paste, massage, and rinse. and i see why its packaged in a jar (it would be impossible to get this stuff out with a pump/squeeze tube, etc). no it doesnt remove makeup but why do people expect a face scrub to remove mu/to work as a face wash? my only complaint is that i havent been able to find it anywhere lately :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by neonrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this after I saw Kandee Johnson use it in one of her videos. It pretty awesome. It smells like a delicious orange spice cake and leaves your skin feeling super soft. It exfoliates, but doesn't t remove all dirt/makeup, so I definitely recommend using a toner/astringent afterwards. Other than that, it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by thebreezyboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Perfect! Just perfect! It smells great, wasnt irritating & left my skin feeling like SILK!