November 28, 2014 | 1930 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Lindsex24

I love this pencil. I use it as a base every time I do elaborate or colorful eye makeup and it really helps it to look vibrant and stay on. I actually prefer this to a primer. This price is great, but the packaging isn't so good. The cover split and broke pretty early on, so it did dry up a little. The bright white color is great since it gives a blank canvas and works with any shadow colors. I usually don't bother getting other color bases, since this is a universal one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

NYX jumbo eye pencil is a very great product that I use for a few different purposes. I use it as a base for my eyeshadow. I also use it as a highlight for my browbone and the inner corners of my eyes. It's a fantastic product that it super blendable and easy to apply.
The price is fairly cheap. The only downside would be the packaging. I wish they would make the jumbo eye pencil in such a way to where you wouldn't have to sharpen it. That is a bad downside.
Overall, yes buy it! It's worth it! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had the most success using this in a very very thin layer as an eye shadow base to make eye shadow colors really pop. But I'm afraid this still doesn't always work very well on my oily lids. It has the tendency to exacerbate creasing, an issue I'm already struggling with enough without the added help of this product, thank you very much. But NYX has never marketed the product to be used as an eye shadow base, so I can't really fault it if it doesn't do something the company doesn't claim it does to begin with. I still use it now and again, mostly during the winter when my skin is less oily, and the effect is nice. I don't care for white eyeliner or white highlighting products because it's very harsh, so I've never used it to that end. If you don't have very oily lids, this might work very well for you. Because it's so inexpensive, it can't hurt to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is truly a great product. I find that if I apply a thin layer of Milk all over my lid (dab a few streaks on the lid and blend it out with my ring fingertip) over my Milani primer my eyeshadow lasts forever. As in I can wear it all day long and well into the night and it hasn't budged by the time I wash my face before bed. I have found this helps decrease fallout of my metallic shadows. It brightens the intensity of colors. It keeps the shadows where they belong. If I apply to my crease, it's not migrating up toward my brow bone. It I apply to my lid, it isn't slipping into the crease. It's fantastic.

As a waterliner, it's so-so. Milk makes my eyes pop when applied to the waterline, but it just doesn't have that staying power. For that I use the NYX Slide-On pencils. The only aspect about this particular pencil I am less than pleased with is that it doesn't look good on my as a brow bone highlight. Some people swear by applying it just below the brow line, but it's way too stark on my fair skin, even when blended out.

As far as sharpening goes, make sure you have a cosmetic pencil sharpener with a large opening. Pop the pencil in the freezer for about fifteen to twenty minutes before sharpening. If you skip that step, it's a beast trying to sharpen these. They're so soft.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by amandaprefect

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm afraid this just didn't work for me. The formula was too greasy for my already-oily eyelids, and made my eyeshadow crease almost straightaway. Even with primer this just wouldn't stay put. A real shame, as I love the brightness and ease of application.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Yocelynz

After reading so many amazing reviews, not just on mua, i decided to buy 3 of these. The first time i used it i noticed by the end of the day once i was home it made my eyeshadow crease. These did serve as a nice base but it didnt matter because throughout the day it didnt last. The second time i used my high end eyeshadows and it still did the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I love to use this as a base for eyeshadow (over a primer), I have a hard time using it because it tends to crease on me. I've been experimenting with different shadows and pigments though, and some work better than others.

As a base, it works really well as it definitely makes other colours pop. I find it works especially well under matte and bright shades. I usually apply it to my entire lid and blend it out with my finger or a synthetic brush.

The packaging however, is not the best. The lid cracked even before I had used the pen the first time. Yes, it's cheap, but I would've expected something a little better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

For the most part, I can only echo what other people have said about using this under eyeshadow to make the colors more intense: it works like a dream for that. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I don't have to use it with a primer because as long as you just put just a bit on your lid and spread it into a thin layer it won't crease. It's easy to overdo and you can wind up with white lids, but some people might like that. I make sure I blot my lids and get any excess oil off before I apply this, and while it glides on nicely, it dries to a nice dry matte finish and sets. This helps me get so much more use out of colors that are ordinarily too sheer to use. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ruee21

this is a GREAT eyeshadow base especially when you want colors to pop. when I do my eyeshade I usually start by using too faced shadow insurance and then I color all over my eyelid with the milk pencil and begin to apply eyeshadow I feel it really makes a huge difference in the appearance of your eyeshadow color. its also great for putting on your water line when you want to make your eyes pop! The only draw back is that its kind of hard to sharpen it doesn't sharpen like a normal pencil would sharpen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I've wanted a few of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, but I didn't have a sharpener large enough until now. When I want to change the color of my brows, concealer and shadow doesn't do it for me because I have really dark, thick hairs. However, putting Milk over the hairs does the trick! This pencil is so opaque and creamy, and I'm so glad I got it! It makes a great base for your lid shadows as well.