NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product has been raved about on youtube and on quite a few beauty blogs, so I couldn't wait to try it out. Firstly, this pencil is SO pigmented. The colour is so strong and glides on my skin and eyes very easily. This product has many uses, including as an eyeshadow base, an inner corner highlight, brow bone highlight, an eyeliner for the lower lash line to brighten up the eyes. As I only got this a few days ago, I've so far used it in my inner corner (was very good) but on my lower lash line it looked a little too unnatural and too obvious that I had lined it with white, but I blame my eyes for that rather than the product, as I have quite big eyes. I can't wait to experiment with this product some more though, and considering the affordable price of this, I would definitely recommend! As I live in the UK I got this for a few pounds from Amazon.

on 12/22/2014 10:46:00 PM

I bought this product under recommendation and it was a reasonable price so I thought I'd give it a go. When I used it as an eye shadow base, I discovered my Kryolan Cake Liner came off after a few hours it made crease lines on my lids - even after setting and with a primer - and my eyeshadow didn't stay as long. I was disappointed with this and I didn't want the product to waste so I thought of other possible uses. Before applying my foundation I used it to cover my dark under eye circles, which seemed to work well. I then extended where I was placing the pencil to the triangle under my eyes, which actually worked as a brilliant highlighter. I also use it down the bridge of my nose and my forehead as a highlighter. (Note: as a highlighter, it is more suitable for fair skin).

For everyday use it is quick and easy to blend. I always stipple another layer of foundation over the top to help blend to my skin tone.

I almost broke it by trying to twist up the bottom as I didn't realise it could be sharpened, and the lid has cracked.

So, the milk pencil isn't very good as an eye pencil but brilliant as a highlighter, for fair skinned people, and to cover up dark circles.

on 12/16/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As I work through NYX products, I'm finding them to be either fantastic or kind of duds. This one, despite the rave reviews, was a dud for me. But at least it was a very cheap dud. At $4.50, I picked it up for 50% off when I purchased an NYX powder blush (which, fortunately, was not a dud). I got this to try it out as a shadow base, and I also had read some of the reviews on here were people with dark circles were saying it was as good, or better than, many concealers and corrector creams to cover up dark circles. Not so… at least not for me. My skin is not oily. It runs normal to dry. Milk Shadow Pencil just did not apply creamy or spread smoothly at all. I have pretty fair skin, but as a corrector for dark circles, this did not help hide the dark circles and just showed up wayyyyy too stark white under my eyes. I tried it as a shadow base for some colors that were not particularly bright (a very pale dove grey and a slightly shimmery platinum shadow). It did not seem to make the shadow adhere any better. I'll give it another shot as a shadow base for some very bright colors I just purchased and see if it helps those colors pop at all, but it takes a lot of effort to get it to spread smoothly and by that time, it's almost as if you have wiped half of the product off your lid. But for $2.25, if it doesn't work, it's no great loss. Although I have not done it yet, this also looks to be a pain to sharpen. I wish this was an automatic, but if they offered it that way, the price would likely go up.

on 11/21/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product for hardly any money. It glides on smoothly does not pull or tug on the eye. It blends in smoothly. I use it in the corner of my eye to give me the wide open refreshed eye look. Make sure to purchase the NYX sharpener since it is very difficult to find a sharper for this eye pencil.

on 11/7/2014 11:37:00 PM

NYX Milk is quite the cult product and has certainly proved useful in my make-up collection. It's not a daily product for me as I find even with a good primer when used all over the eyelid as a base colour my shadows tend to be creased quite moderately by the end of the day.

Makes a great inner corner highlight and if used with a light hand makes a good lower eye liner to perk up tired looking eyes, though you just want to feather it on as it's quite a thick pencil and has a tendency to gloop in lower lashes if you are not careful.

These pencils last for ages, will sharpen with any jumbo sharpener, the lids do crack quickly though for the price its not a big deal. I think anyone would find Milk to prove useful in their collection.

on 11/1/2014 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Through a lot of trial and error I've found that this is an indispensable part of my make-up kit. I use it daily on my dark under eye circles to counteract the depth of color as well as for a matte brow bone highlight. When I venture into colorful shadow territory or want my shimmers to really pop, I also use this on the center of my lid. In short, Milk is amazing. My only gripe is that the cap cracks too easy, but it's a small annoyance for an otherwise awesome product. Also – as a tip – when using it on your lid try to use a light hand and sheer it out well otherwise it will likely crease slightly by the end of the day.

Pros:
* intensifies shadows used on top
* alleviates dark circles (when used under concealer)
* very creamy
* easy to apply
* decent amount of product
* great price point

Cons:
* cap breaks easily (I fixed with masking tape)
* not clear that it needs to be sharpened (I almost broke it trying to twist it up)
* needs larger sharpener

on 9/19/2014 9:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

With all the hype this product has received I expected it to be my new HG eye shadow primer/base. Well, it is definitely not that. I wear makeup from 6am to 9pm and I would like it look at least somewhat decent by the end of the day. With this product my eyelids are a creased mess by 3pm. So disappointing! I really, really wanted to love this but it just doesn't do a good enough job for me.

I picked it up, thinking it would be a good cheap base for my neon eyeshadows. It creases quite a lot even if I use a primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion, if it helps). It does a good job of brightening up the inner corners of the eyes and lining the waterline though. 7/10. Would purchase again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely adore this product!!!! It's a soft white that makes a perfect base and for me it was really easy to blend. It's a fairly reasonable price too. Although its hard to sharpen once the tip starts to wear down it still works just fine. I love using it as a base and along my waterline it just brightens things up so much! Defiantly going to repurchase:)

on 8/14/2014 5:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Great product for such a low price! I use it as an eyeshadow primer and a highlighter on my brow bone The only downside I've found is that it can be a mission to find a sharpener big enough!