April 23, 2014 | 1874 users online

Polishes - OPI - Privacy Please

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by dianneb1

I love OPI nail polish and I love this color! I've been looking for the perfect natural sheer pink color to give my nails a clean look. This is it! I tried OPI Bubble Bath and it was not quite pink enough. I have ivory skin with pink undertones and this stands out just enough. My hands look so pretty. OPI is more expensive than drugstore nail polish, but it's worth it. The formula and the flat brushes are great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Like other reviewers have all ready stated, Privacy Please is a very sheer, soft pink that dries to a very glossy finish. With one coat my nails look like they have a glossy, clear topcoat, with two coats of colour the pink is visible and my nails look like a healthy nailbed you would see on a baby. The application is smooth and easy and without any streaking. This reminds me of a slightly more opaque version of OPI's Passion. This is a fresh, clean colour that looks lovely with a French manicure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty sheer. It's definitely a true sheer so if you're thinking a light but opaque or "buildable" color, this isn't for you. Very flattering hint of pink, not a yellowy sheer which can look bad in some lighting. Not too milky or at all close in any way to being opaque or white. A good color for most skintones, a very natural pink. Pretty!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade only. It is not a review of the quality of the nail polish itself.

I absolutely love Opi's fabulous new wide brush, which makes polish so much easier to apply, even for unsteady hands. The Opi finish is so gorgeously shiny, smooth, and even. A beautifully classy and natural shade that is perfect for a french manicure or when you want your nails to look bare and au naturale but still polished and refined. It's a very sheer light pink that is slightly cool-toned. With 1 layer, it looks almost clear with a very subtle bit of pink. With 2 layers, it's a sheer very pale pink. The OPI brand is fantastic. But I still prefer Mademoiselle because it makes the tips of nails a bit whiter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Maja012

I use 2 coats to get the sheer but noticable look i like.
Lasts longer than other polishes... i did however expect it to have more pinkness and less milkiness

But it looks great :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2007 2:48:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A pale milky pink. It took me like 4 coats to get the opaque-ness i wanted (its quite sheer) but one i do, its beautiful. Its got fantastic shine and is the perfect nude colour. I understand how some reviewers felt it was too sheer- with one or two coats it looks very clear. Not too pink, not too white and not too skin coloured. Just perfect.

Edit: Nowadays i prefer to only apply 1-2 coats. 4 is way too much hassle. Minus 2 points.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 2:13:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Milky, muted light pink tone with a slight iridescence. It's very pretty. Only reason it doesn't get a 5 is that there are a million shades out there that look 99% similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 2:42:00 AM More reviews by kristina_145

So far this is my favourite OPI nail polish! Privacy please is very sheer with one coat and would look pretty for natural nails, with another coat my nails have a slightly whiter/pink tone, making them look like my nails but better. It is a beautiful soft pink that would suit everybody. I have been wearing it almost everyday since I've purchased it. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by cmills

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love pale sheers, but this is just BORING. Delicacy is more "it " for me I guess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 1:46:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sheer, very light pink that almost looks like it's not even there when paired with my cool-toned fair skin, but makes me look finished and elegant without even trying. (Which is ideal because I hate having to spend a long time on my nails!) Definitely a keeper. Beautiful. As with all OPI polishes, great consistency with no clumps or streaking, makes for easy application.