August 23, 2014 | 1362 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by BunnyFluff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, I like this self-tanner. It gives you color fast that looks natural if you don't overdo it. I can only apply this 2 nights in a row at most. Otherwise I look orange. 1 or 2 applications is all I need to get a darkish, natural looking tan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using airbrush self tanners (Loreal, Coppertone, Neutrogena) for a while but just wasn't getting a deep tan. Even though it looked natural and the products worked well, I just wanted more color! After reading all the good reviews on this product, I decided to give it a try. It was a great price.. definitely a bonus! I have to agree that the smell isn't too bad. Yes I do think it still smells like a self tanner, but for being one that gets you a deeper color, it is pretty mild. It's tinted, so definitely be careful about getting it on your clothing. I applied it before bed and wore pajamas in a darker color while it developed. The tint makes it easy to know where it was applied, which is very helpful with a lotion.

After one use, it definitely gave me more color than my airbrush self tanners, yet still looked like a natural tan. When applied 2 days in a row, I definitely have a nice tan. It doesn't look orange or fake on me at all. For reference, I'm pretty fair and typically wear one of the "ivory" colors or ones just above that in my foundation and powder.

My only complaint is that using a lotion just takes longer to apply (airbrush was done and dry in 5 minutes tops) and it's harder to reach my back. Since I like the product, I would be willing to look for some kind of applicator. The tint barely got on my pajamas.. much less transfer than other tinted self tanners I've tried in the past. The scent gets a little stronger as it develops, but definitely not as strong as most. I also didn't wash my hands until completely done applying, so I got a tiny bit of "orange hands" but not enough for anyone to notice. I did also have a little bit of settling into my pores on my legs, but I didn't have a smooth shave and this was probably why. I was able to very lightly shave the next day and the light spots went away... and I didn't shave off the self tanner... another big plus! Most others I use come off completely when shaving.

Great product! Definitely worth the $6-7. Will be buying again unless I find something better!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my go-to self tanner in the summer. The reasons are simple: it's cheap, it's easily found in my local stores and
it gets me dark with one
application. The color is a very deep natural bronze...that is until you walk outside. The color appears very fake and orange in natural lighting. Also, the fading process is the worst with this product. It flakes off very unevenly and makes my skin appear very dry. Overall, with a good exfoliator, this is a decent self tanner. Just go light on the application if you have plans which are outside.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by leighann12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sunless tanning cream is amazing. I've had mine for almost a year and I love it. It's only $7 at Wal-mart so buying it was no problem at all. I had first used Jergens sunless glow lotion and it was terrible. It took forever to dry and washed off very easily. It didn't even build a lot of color. This lotion however, is tinted so you can see where you've already applied it. It develops completely in just a few hours and takes awhile to dry, so wait at least 10-20 minutes before putting clothes on. When it's dry, it looks great! It's a very good, dark color. I've experienced streaking a few times, so that's why I rated it a 4 instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by dolcevita12

Simply AMAZING. I had to wear shorts for work one day and needed a quick tan. As soon as I applied this I noticed a tan! It didn't turn me orange and it didn't streak! The scent isn't actually the best, but it's nothing horrible. I was scared to buy the deep dark, but it ended up not being that DEEP at all, it was perfect and not fake looking!

*I've used the Jergens Natural Glow and that just left me orange and streaky. The color I got when I applied the Banana Boat Creme the very first time, would have taken me about 3 days to get with the Jergens Natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by cassielynn24

i have used so many self tanners drugstore and high end and this is defentaly on of the best when it comes to a lotion tanner. it dosnt streak and gives a beautful buldable dark tan color. its just awesome. i buy it at walmart for about 8 bucks. i use this on my arms and legs and a spray tan on my face

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by petitebabygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my legs and stomach and it works great. No orange and the smell doesn't bother me. Results are nicely tanned legs without any damage from the sun!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by asaltzer

This stuff just rocks. Almost goof proof! I also mix with my lotion when I travel to mainain my tan. Dirt cheap, very little ST smell..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bammber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the best self tanners I've ever used (and trust me, I've tried a lot!) It pops up as a rich brown color, even on someone as pale as myself. But it's not too dark, so if you streak, it's easy to cover up. The fragrance isn't great, but it's not any worse than your standard self tanner. The price is also a definite plus compared to other tanners (I paid around $7 at Ulta), perfect if you're on a beauty budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

You get a more brown with this than you would with the Jergans/Equate tanners. It set in a few hours with minimal streaking.
Wash hands after every body part because orange palm sets in fast.

If you do get a streak take a q-tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide and lightly go over the streak till it disappears but you still have the color left.

The smell at first was not bad, kind of fruity, but as the day goes on it gets bad. My boyfriend, not having a filter, said it smelled like cat pee...sooo yeah, might want to apply this several hours before you shower and before you're around people.

This stuff doesn't have the best staying power and it doesn't fade nicely at all!