Prestige MultiFinish Wet Dry Powder Foundation

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Talc , Nylon-12 , Phenyl Trimethicone , Silica , Dimethicone , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Methicone , Propylparaben , Butylparaben , Ethylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Mica May Contain /- CI 77019 , Titanium Dioxide May Contain /- CI 77891 , Iron Oxide May Contain /- CI 77491 - 77492 - 77499, Source: Prestige Cosmetics.

Simply put, if you don't like cakiness, you will LOVE this powder! I've used so many different powder foundations, from Maybelline to Estee Lauder and Mac. Although this might not quite be HG status for me, I'm pretty damn happy with it enough to consider it my powder foundation of the moment. Like the previous reviewer, I don't use this alone as a foundation, but mainly to set my liquid foundation and give it that spunk of extra coverage for a flawless effect. I've spent hours (literally) on MUA simply searching for a powder foundation that doesnt cake and that doesnt make me look like a ghost in pictures like studio fix does. It doesnt quite have the coverage of studio fix (which is the reason why I cant wear it alone), but I don't mind at all because I use Mary Kay concealer and Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting liquid foundation (My absolute HG!!!) to take care of covering the blotchiness and blemishes on my skin, and then I apply this using my Everyday Minerals flat top brush and the effect is absolutely gorgeous!!! For reference, I'm an NC30-35 and I use this in soft spice which is a great color match. I also tried NYX twin cake, but I prefer this one. There's only one more powder foundation I wanna try. It's another wet/dry powder foundation from Palladio, and if I could get a good color match I will try it, but only because I'm always searching for something better :) If and when I do try the Palladio one, I'm gonna take a break from searching for my HG powder foundation because I am already quite pleased with this one, and this one will be hard to beat!

on 2/16/2009 4:09:00 PM

This was the first powder foundation I have ever owned. I saw this in Walgreens on sale for $2.00 when I was young and new to the world of cosmetics. I still have this foundation and I still use it almost everyday but not as a foundation but as a finishing powder to set my makeup.

This powder looks fake on me if I put too much, but it does not cake up. There is no stability! I notice it fading after a hour or two.

Pro:
~Cheap.
~The packaging. (with a mirror and sponge puff on the second compartment)
~A lot of product!
~Great for finishing powder.

Con
~It is very bulky.
~It does not stay on very long.
~doesn't cover up much of anything.

**the picture of me is just me wearing Prestige Powder Foundation and nothing else.**
looks good now but it will fade soon, so soon.
=[

on 1/11/2009 5:35:00 AM

This powder in "Wheat" is a spot-on match for my NC10-15, AAB skintone. Its excellent in drier seasons (basically anytime other than summer) and goes on evenly with a powder brush. I only use it dry, since I apply it over sunscreen, and it does a great job taking off the sheen. It does sort of meld into your skin, and doesn't look powdery after it sets in. I am finishing up my first one, and already have 3 backups! Yes, it's that good.

on 12/6/2008 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pros: This is a really good foundation. I'm using Natural Beige right now for my NC30(MAC) skin. I've found that it looks very natural and not at all powdery. It sort of "melts" with my skin.

Cons: It doesn't have as much coverage as I would like it to have. The packaging is difficult to open.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love Prestige's other products so I tried this. I have quite fair skin and the lightest tone was kind of orange on me. The coverage was amazing but it just didn't work with my oily skin. It sank into the pores of my nose, took away the oil but left an unnatural shine, and wiped off at the touch of a finger. Overall I wouldn't buy it again but would recommend it to someone with less oily skin.

on 6/28/2008 5:05:00 AM

I have hit pan on this product! I use Wheat and am NC25 (smidge too dark b/c it oxidizes on me) in Fix Fluid and Studio Tech. Wheat is a perfect match for me and doesn't oxidize like Fix Fluid! This is my go-to foundation for those days when I have to run out but still want a pulled together look. It evens my uneveness, covers most of my acne scars, and wears all day without much oil breakthrough with a good primer like MAC Prep+Prime SPF50. This product does NOT have SPF so make sure to use a good ss, moisturizer or primer with ss.

I suggest applying this product with MAC's 109 brush. The product first applied can appear pale and dry but once it has time to mix with your skin's natural oils it looks sooo natural! If you're not normally oily I think a spritz of thermal water would do the trick. I never get a cakey look. What's also great is that I do not break out from this product; I am combo/oily/acne-prone.

I am extremely happy with this foundation because it's relatively cheap. I even prefer this powder foundation to MAC's Studio Fix Powder (which broke me out and made me look dry or cakey).

The only thing I do not like about this product (and the reason why it's 4, not 5, lippies) is that it is not Talc free. I've been hearing that talc is extremely bad for women.

Update: 08/24. While this foundation is great, and I get compliments for looking more natural, I have moved on to a different powder foundation that has even better coverage and a better color match for me, I realized that I photographed extremely well with Prestige but it looked a smidge too pink for my yellow undertones. I'm keeping the lippies though b/c this product is worth a shot if you are in the market for a less expensive powder foundation.

on 5/16/2008 1:57:00 PM

I'm constantly on the hunt for the perfect foundation for my oily, but easily dehydrated, acne-prone skin. I need it to cover the dark/red acne marks & active breakouts, keep me from becoming an oil slick in the southern summer heat and not break me out. I read all of these awesome reviews and finally found this at Right-Aid. I was disappointed. It didn't cover very well, I felt like it dried me out and it definitely broke me out. :( For those of you who are looking for a powder foundation, I would still tell you to try it, it's not that expensive, but watch out if you are acne-prone like me. *insert gameshow "wah-waahh" here*

on 4/27/2008 1:49:00 AM

i bought this for $6 i think...and wow!

i've used everything in the way of powder wet/dry and "dual" foundations from lorac, cargo, MUFE, lancome, to cheaper brands like sephora, maybelline purestay, nyx and the ever present and godawful (acne-causing, greasy, oxidizing) mess that was MAC studio fix!

this is the absolute BEST i've used. i am roughly nc30-35 and very yellow toned so i use soft spice. it does not oxidize, whereas every other powder/foundation/blush anything oxidizes orange on my greasy, oily, acne-prone and troublesome skin.

now here's the best part: my skin loves it!! i apply it depending on what coverage i need and any powderyness disappears after about 15 minutes to leave perfect coverage. and while it doesn't last all day- it wears perfectly. at the end of the day, the coverage might just be less but it wears so evenly that it just looks like my bare skin but WAY WAY better. it's mostly there at the end of the day - i usually touch up with a powder brush, topping with some MAC blot or Dream Matte powder and it looks amazing all day.

seriously, for under $10 this is the best powder foundation i've used. the coverage is less than the heavy, cakiness of studio fix but still looks seriously wonderful. all i need is a few dabs of concealer, and this.

by the way: i hate liquid foundation because it sets too quickly and never liked the way it blended. i'm sticking to MAC full coverage or Cover FX for full coverage but this is my daily go-to for work and class. and my skin has never looked better!

I like this stuff so far! Have been using for a few weeks and the color is perfect for my NC25 skin (i bought in wheat and it's much more neutral than most drugstore brand facial makeup). The coverage is nice, no it doesn't last all day, but I don't mind reapplying (i blot my face w oil papers anyhow and need to reapply makeup, but that's why i like that this is a powder, so it's easy to do so at work or in the car). I like applying it wet a lot, the coverage isn't too heavy but it's a dream to blend wet and really disappears into my face that way. I'd buy again for sure

on 2/20/2008 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is very pretty, and I wore it for months, even repurchasing twice...then, because the original color was a little too dark, I went on a foundation quest, and started evaluating foundations much more carefully. I didn't realize it, but by the end of the day, this turns a mid-level dark orange on my PPP skin. It's a pity; this is light, feels good on the skin, and is very easy to put on in a hurry--it just doesn't last.