Ocean Potion Anti-Aging Sunblock SPF 50

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (5%), Avobenzone (2%), Octocrylene (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyisobutene, Diisopropyl Adipate, Propylene Glycol, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Dimethyl Capramide, Polyester 8, Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sorbitan Oleate, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropyl Butylcarbamate, Triethanolamine, Fragrance

on 9/4/2007 1:23:00 PM

Can't decide whehter I love the sweet Creamsicle fragrance or whether it's too cloying. It certainly beats the heavy coconut/beachy smells of other sunscreens. Goes on lightly and smoothly, and absorbs quickly, although it will leave a sheen on your face, which fades away. Works very well as a body sunscreen, and I'm watching closely to see if my face is breaking out to it, but so far it's ok. I'll update if I see any breakouts linked to it. And it's a good size for the money. May have found my HG sunscreen-at least for the body. Would definitely repurchase!

on 7/30/2007 1:56:00 AM

I burned every time when I wore this sunscreen. VERY frustrating.

on 6/15/2007 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is the sunblock I've been using for the last several years. It goes on smooth and light, not thick and pasty like some others. I love that it's not greasy! The fragrance (some describe it as creamcicle, some as those circus peanuts I hated as a kid) is pleasant. My DH, the kids, and I all use it, and we never burn, even on long days at the beach (reapplying every few hours, of course). I used to have a hard time finding this brand, but it seems to be more available now. A good product at a good price.

on 6/15/2007 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Was first recommended to me by a radiation tech when I complained that I could not find any sunscreen did not sting like he!! when applied to my chest area where I was getting radiation. Had tried Neutrogena, Coopertone, Lancome, BBoat, Bull Frog, Hawaiin Tropic and more but everything stung and then kept burning. Tech said that many people had told her OP SPF50 was super gentle going on and that it worked really well even on radiated skin (which can burn and then blister incrediably fast). She was right. I have been using for 7 years now and this is a great, super cheap, effective sunscreen that does not bother my super reactive and allergy prone skin. It does smell orange-y when applying but this fades and I think it smells like a day at the beach which is OK with me.

on 4/27/2007 2:28:00 AM

This is my daily sunscreen for the body. I'm outside all the time in the intense Southern California sunshine. Through weeks of sweaty marathon training this sunscreen kept my skin protected.

Usually this product is available in the Summer, but off the store shelves in the Winter months. In September or August I purchase enough bottles to make it through until the next Summer. It's so good that I don't want to be without it.

wonderful product i would still use if i had not decided to switch to physical sunblocks. smells like dreamsicles, absolutely light and not greasy, but gives a fair amount of moisture to the skin and sinks right in. works fine under makeup. no breakouts on my mildly break-out prone dry skin w/ eczema.

on 7/15/2006 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sorry ladies, but I HATED this! I really don't like the scent. I feel like I'm putting a thick ice cream bar across my face. It felt sticky. It was thick. It gave me a horrible chemical burn. My face was red all day. It turned my foundation orange. My face was irritated a week after using it. It was the GROSSEST thing ever! Will NEVER look at Ocean Potion again!

on 6/3/2006 5:19:00 PM

Love the orange creamsicle scent. Feels light and creamy, not sticky like other sunscreens. I thought that Neutrogena felt comfortable on my skin, but this feels better. Plus, it has antioxidants and it moisturizes my dry skin well with clogging my pores.

on 5/18/2006 11:08:00 AM

I like the Ocean Potion Anti-Aging Sunblock SPF 50. I found it in one of those "overstock" stores for $2.99 so I couldn't pass it up! I had used this in the past and really liked it. The lotion has a medium consistency, isn't greasy and absorbs fairly quickly. I didn't have any noticeable white cast to my skin, either. I use this on my face, and it didn't bother my sometimes sensitive skin. As other reviewers have mentioned, it has an orange creamsicle fragrance, which you'll either love or hate (I love it!).

on 4/24/2006 2:31:00 PM

The smell of this sunscreen had me ready to jump in the shower to get rid of it. But I waited to see if it got any better, but no luck. I had smelled it in the store and couldn't detect any foul odor. But once I put it on, I smelled chemicals and something really sour. Perhaps I purchased a bad bottle, if not, I urge you to run from this sunscreen.

Top Rated Ocean Potion Products