The Body Shop Colourings Lip Scuff

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Rubbish - the exfoliating particles are far too big and only suceed in increasing the size of the flakes on my lips! I also found it quite difficult to remove the green sticky mess from my lips after treatment (wipe with tissue... wipe...wipe, oh, still some more...wipe... etc) I much prefer Blistex Lip Revitalizer to this.

I don't like it. I don't think I even understand it.

i do not know why this product got rants on the reviews..i found it great for me

Price: Original price of RM30 per tube. i got this on sale. so i got it at RM24, so it is almost the same price as a d/s lippie.i considered this is a cheap price for a branded lip treatment.

Packaging quality: It is packed in TBS elegant dark/black colored tube..so it does not look cheapo like the d/s plastic tube!

Overall Rating: I fall in love with this lip treatment.I do not apply lip balm before exfoliating. The green mint stick itself can act as the base for smoothing the nut shell for while exfoliating. After using this lip scuff, i apply born lippy lip balm in strawberry before go to bed, voila, i got baby soft lip on the next day..wat else i can ask....the next day, i apply TBS lip enhancer (skin focus) and then born lippy again and followed with my HG lippie.. continued >>

A wonderful lip exfoliator: easy to use, does its job well, not pricey, and the product lasts quite long. You can control how hard the exfoliation is by simply varying the pressure while you rub your lips. I usually take it off with a cleansing oil, the lips remain so soft and nice!
I notice some people's reviews and must say this is NOT A LIPBALM: you're not supposed to stay with it on your lips, but rub it to exfoliate and remove it. And another thing: it is not water soluble, so it's better to take it off with cleansing oil, baby oil, or simply your makeup remover. It works so nice with lipbalm applied after scrubbing is done.

I also agree that this is way too harsh!! Even when I apply lip balm first, the walnut shells (or whatever it is) actually hurt my lips! And no, I don't apply this roughly! It does exfoliate well, bu there are other great exfoliants that don't scratch up your lips with jagged nut shells! Back to The Body Shop this goes! continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely agree with neha9. The key to this product is applying a lipbalm before you put this on. The formula is much too solid and the granules too large to be used on dry lips. If used in that manner, the product does exactly what it should. I'm pleased with my purchase.

I cannot live without this stuff - I've been using it for years. It's part of my weekly beauty treatments, and I especially love to use it right before I put on a lip plumper. I don't find it that harsh, and haven't had a problem with applying it or removing it. I think it exfoliates very well, and followed with a good lip balm, my lips look smooth and healthy. Plus, the exfoliating stimulates circulation and I end up with a nice rosy color to my lips. I will continue using this product as long as The Body Shop has it around, or unless I find something better (I haven't tried Mary Kay Satin Lips yet!).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I also found this to be too harsh. It didn't work well for me. I had very flaky lips at the time. What actually did help me was putting on vaseline at night. The next day, the dead skin becomes very soft and loose and then requires only some rubbing to get it off and have baby soft lips.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find it too harsh and will hopefully find another brand that does the job. Ah well, it's The Body Shop, what was I thinking...

I disagree with the other reviews. I think this is a great exfoliator before bedtime. I do agree in that it's harsh, BUT I would HIGHLY suggest you put lipbalm or vaseline on your lips first & then exfoliate after. This makes a huge difference. AND you should wash your lips with warm water once you're done exfoliating since it does leave behind a white residue as well as some granules. I couldn't imagine doing it on dry lips - my lips would start bleeding since the granules are hard. Overall, it leaves my lips feeling a lot more soft & supple & removes any excess lipstick that may not have come off when I washed my face. I use this every night before I go to bed. I think the other users should try it according to my routine & you may just be pleased.

Popular Lip Treatments