Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

on 4/23/2011 6:39:00 AM

This is my FAVOURITE perfume of all time! I fell in love with the smell when i tested it on at a store, found it really pleasant and went for a bicycle ride after. The sweetness is subtle, a little hint of floral but fresh at the same time, and i could not help smelling myself (while cycling!!) and decided this was what i have been looking for. The perfume really made my day and gave me such a good mood :) But sadly....... the price was prohibitively expensive in Japan, 12000yen (USD120) for a 50ml EDT. I hesitated for quite a few months and finally i had a chance to go to Paris. I passed by the Annick Goutal store by mistake and rushed in! I got a 100ml Petite Cherie EDT for 98 euros which the is same price of a 50ml in Japan, outrageous... I was so happy and the service at the store was sooo good. A very fashionable elderly lady advised me to get the EDT instead of the EDP. She said EDP can be too heavy, and said that if i wanted it to smell stronger, all i had to do was to spritz it a few more times. She gave me a bottle with lovely blue polka dot ribbons which was a limited edition. Before i left the store, she told me to stand still, came with a bottle, and sprayed me all over, and bid me goodbye with a "voilà"! My friends then told me that the lady who served us was the same lady whose picture was on the wall! So, she was Annick Goutal herself! Indeed this was one of the most memorable shopping experience that i have had :)) In terms of the EDT's lasting power, i think it lasts pretty well. I usually do 3 spritz before dressing up: left and right from 30cm away on the general neck-chest area, and one in the air to walk into. Usually the smell still lingers until around 4-5pm on a normal work day, but smells "warmer". I am very satisfied with this product and would definitely repurchase.

on 4/8/2011 4:49:00 PM

My signature scent. I've been wearing this since 1998, when I found the description in an issue of Instyle, however I have never had the signature blue butterfly bottle! Sure wish I did.
I got a sample and I fell madly in love.
Syrupy (in a good way!), pears/canned, grass and rose. Reminds me of canned peaches but WAY more complex. Tickles my nose.
Sophisticated yet girlish. I always must have two bottles of this nectar on hand at all times.
Reminds me of what Sarah would wear in Labyrinth (my favourite movie)...sweet, peachy and innocent.
I get compliments all the time.

Very young, light, and soft fruity scent. Very delicious without being too gourmand; very pleasant and light-girly-peachy. My current spring scent. The last stages of the fragrance are the subtlest yet the best.
All in all, very lovely.
The staying power of the EDT is very disappointing.

on 3/7/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The combination of the scents listed in the description for this perfume sound so lovley. So I tried it out today and I was quite disappointed. It just smelled very strongly like pears with some chemical vanilla - that's it. I just don't want to smell like pears, sorry.

on 2/28/2011 6:13:00 PM

This fragrance evokes love; innocent, childhood love... The kiss of a mother to her little daughter, with peachy rosy cheeks, in an orchard of pears. Now imagine this girl singing to you, with her high pitched sweet voice, whose melody would be rendered at the highest notes in a piano (after all Annick Goutal was a piano soloist)!

Wear it every time you wish to be loved like that, to find comfort, optimism, and refuge in a motherly embrace, becoming a little girl! Life smells good, so wipe off your tears princess, because everything will be alright...

And if you wish this love to last, prefer the EDP version!

on 2/7/2011 9:45:00 PM

This is a review for the EDT version of this product.

I first smelled this at Nordstrom and thought WOW I LOVE it! My other all time favorite scents are Victoria's Secret Heavenly and Jessica Simpson Fancy Love. I like soft, innocent, feminine scents.

Petite Cherie definitely fits the bill. It's gorgeous and complex when you spray it. It smells divine without being overpowering, and you can just TELL that this is made of REAL ingredients and not synthetics. It smells like this.

For an EDT, it has good staying power-about 4 hours. I'd imagine the EDP lasts even longer. Considering alot of EDP's I've tried have lasted far less than this EDT, I think that's pretty darn good.

Now, the not so good.

Since Annick Goutal uses real ingredients, MAKE SURE you are not allergic to any of them. I'm allergic to grass, and well, this most likely has some sort of grass extract in it (it's listed in the notes) and it made me sneeze and my eyes water. Such is life.

The other thing is that when this dries down, it smells predominantly like grass. Just grass with a tiny hint of peach. It's not a BAD smell, but it's definitely not "perfumey" and doesn't smell at ALL like when you first spray it. It's a very soft, "outdoorsy" smell, in that this literally smells like a field of grass with some fruit trees when it dries. Is that a bad thing? That's your call.

I will probably buy a small bottle or a decant of this, as it is a very nice, unique scent, but I can't imagine paying over a hundred dollars for it. It's GREAT for a younger girl, women who are very girly, or girls who love the outdoors.

I hope this helped!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

petite cherie reminds me of roses soaking in red wine........it opens with a blast of beautiful floral reds and then it has mids of wine and roses and its so yummy and rich and luscious....again, goutal isnt immature..its not a happy rose scent..it is this dark and betwitching scent that has that mysterious goutal powder undertone....i love her..i spray her on cold and rainy days.

on 10/15/2010 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a large sample, and wore less than a dozen times - just to be up front about my amount of experience with it.

If you love fruit, you'll probably get along well with it. For me, it was just WAY too sweet. It was like wearing a piece of pear candy, and like most sweet scents, gave me the urge to shower. It's surprisingly strong, gives a decent amount of sillage, and lasts longer than the average AG scent. It lasted 6-8 hours, for me. All things considered, if you like light-ish sweet scents, give it a shot. If not.... why are you looking at reviews for a fruity perfume? Hey, wait, why am I here? (oh yeah, I got the sample in a package deal. Eau de Ciel is amazing, for anyone who wants a non-nausea inducing rain scent!)

To address the spoilage issues: As yet, my sample seems to smell the same as when I got it a year ago. Will try to remember to update if it goes bad.

For what it is, it's lovely.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The first time I sprayed this I detected some green notes. Then... nothing. It was just gone. After a second and more liberal application, there was a faint and sickly sweet scent that lasted for less than an hour. Then it was gone again. No dry down, no nothing. Needless to say, this just didn't work for me. I'm glad I only ordered a sample.

on 9/10/2010 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Sweet. Soft. Delicate. Tender. Fresh. Clean. Young. Innocent. Feminine. A few of the words that come to mind when I smell this. It's a softly sweet, soapy, peachy, pear fragrance. Like a baby's freshly washed hair.I think this is most suitable for a very young girl. The name is quite perfect for the scent. I simply adore this fragrance.

Popular Fragrances