April 24, 2014 | 1857 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powerpoint Eyeliner Pencil in Prussian

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

I don't necessarily agree that Blooz is the same as Prussian, because Blooz is more black based (you need to look extremely close up to even see that it's blue!) whilst Prussian is a true navy with some indigo to it! It's a obvious navy with shimmer, so it gives some depth to my eyes when I wear it. I draw my liner on thick, so it can appear kind of stark/overpowering on my dark brown eyes even, but overall it's a lovely colour and it's exactly what I'm looking for!

I am impressed with it's staying power! It stays in the same place for 6+ hours! This is great compared to Blooz with smudges extremely fast and gives me panda eyes!

I really like how soft it is, but yesterday I dropped this pencil and the entire tip broke! I guess it's my fault, but there's to show you how soft the pencil is!

I have a swatch of Prussian in my profile. :)

Go buy it ladies, you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is VERY similar to Blooz eye kohl on me. Blooz has a blackened tone while Prussian is a 'clearer', un-muddied indigo blue that is slightly more purple than Blooz. But I put Blooz on one eye and Prussian on the other and could not tell the difference. When I looked very closely at my eyes in bright sunlight, I could see that Prussian has some subtle, multi-colored shimmer that Blooz does not, but that's about it as far as differences go, looks-wise.

Prussian feels a little smoother and creamier to me, and is slightly less smudgy than Blooz, but both behave about the same on me (wear fairly well with little fading and a tiny bit of smearing under my eyes after several hours, especially if I'm smiling and laughing a lot). Since I have Blooz already, I don't see the need for Prussian, but if you're undecided between the two, go for the Powerpoint--they seem to work better for most people than the kohls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with softgrey below - I love unusual colors for eyeliner - brown and black gets so boring - and if you are the same please do yourself a favor and get this eyeliner. It is soooo pretty. Creamy, easy to use, stays put. LOVE it!!!!!! Makes your eyeshadow pop esp if you contrast the colors, like today I used Amber lights and Prussian. I thought it was lovely together ... not sayin' i was lovely, just sayin' my eyes were ha ha ha

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

wow, this eyeliner really does stay on! and like another reviewer said, when you first apply it you still have time to smudge it out, but once it dries it won't budge. it even stayed on my bottom lash line until i took it off at about 10:30 PM.. and i first put it on at 6AM. this is a really pretty navy shade..it looks awesome with brown eyes to make them really pop! IMO powerpoints stay on even better than their fluidlines!! i am definitely going to try some other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:16:00 AM More reviews by janiceee

i bought this today and im lovvvvvvvvvvvvving it. i tried iton at the counter and serirously, this thing does not budge and the colour stays on and on and on and on!! :D best liner ever. and i love the dark blue =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE edgy, coloured liners. the cliche black and brown pencils now bore me and i have stored them in the back of my makeup cabinet. this is a really great, true navy liner. like all other powerpoints, it goes on very smoothly and is virtually budge-proof. looks very nice with grey, purple, green and brown shadows....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this waterproof liner. I like the fact that right after I put it on I can still smudge it out, and work with it to create the look I want. I also love the fact that AFTER it really dries, it stay where you put it. Also, great basic blue/navy. Last night I used it as a base for my nars night flight. I used it kindsa smudgy in the corners of my eyes to wrap around and on my waterline. Then I used a pointed liner brush to apply the night flight, and the night flight really stayed put all evening long, even on the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Gabberssss

I love this liner so much! It makes my dark brown eyes look so pretty. I just have a question though: are MAC powerpoint pencils meant to be sharpened? Cause mine in Prussian is wearing down and the tip is really rounded...please answer!

Thanks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Prussian is a good eyeliner but it's not what I expected. I wanted a dark blue black with golden shimmer eyeliner. Prussian is not that blackish, it's more like a dark royal blue with gold shimmer. But the gold shimmer doesn't show up unless I lay the pencil on thick and smudge it. So in terms what I want colorwise, Prussian falls a few steps short. It is a nice eyeliner - long wearing, no smudging or flaking. But the soft formulas of powerpoints resonates with this pencil as well - hard to get a fine tip, a PITA to sharpen, chunky application (I need to go over the line with a brush) etc. So Prussian will do, but it's not a pencil I reach for often. Don't plan to repurchase this when I'm done.

For reference I'm Stila 30 watts, Chanel Beige, GA LSF 5.5 with black hair and dark brown eyes. When I do wear Prussian I pair it with soft golds or beiges as a wash on the lids. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive eyes which water easily. This e/l is my HG of eyeliners. It does not smudge even when my eyes are watering and it glides on quite smoothly. Prussian is my staple of colors! This shade helps to brighten my already blue/green eyes. I use my powerpoint almost everyday and the product lasts quite awhile too!! Another plus!