October 22, 2014 | 1962 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Jiffy Tan [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by melissa1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok without being biased working for Benefit i genuinely love Jiffy Tan. I have light tanned skin anyway and this really enhances it so i look super tanned. I have had no problems with it streakin whatsoever and it s rather orangey but im one of those girls that likes the orangey tan colour. Not forgetting the pretty golden sparkles

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by hwywmn76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did not like at all. Cute package, (which was 80% of the reason I felt I needed it). I have golden skin and this does nothing to enhance my tan, when I am paler it looks really, really un-natural. The scent didn't really bother me, but the many fake sparkles did, ( especially outdoors) and the color was very orangy. Like others mention, it is tricky to blend. Not a healthy color on me personally.

Would never reccomend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with a lot of the other reviews. This gel is a great idea--a temporary tan for the body, more like a stain than a makeup like DuWop's version--but it failed to meet my expectations. The scent is pretty bad, the color isn't very natural, it streaks like crazy and stained my palms. I can still get it to work and look decent, but it takes a lot of work which in my opinion just isn't worth it. Not the worst, but not something I feel the need to bother using.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 10:47:00 AM More reviews by skippy_gayle

so, first off, this product is *not* a self-tanner...its a liquid-like (consistency like your typical lotion) bronzer for your body. it gives instant color upon application and washes off with soap and water.

personally, my pros were:

loved the little silvery sparkles that gave me a nice (not over the top) glow to my bod.

didnt break me out

did indeed wash off with soap and water-even the really concentrated stuff which was on my hands from rubbing it on

the cons:

smelled gross...something like plastic or...clay?

streaked like mad-even with careful blending...and if you ended up trying to blend to much, the product would scrape up into little balls on the skin

the color was not anywhere close to being natural. it was either muddy or orangey...no happy medium continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 1:50:00 AM More reviews by mantees11

The best tanner!!specially that it is smelling like roses,like benetint!!It makes my fair skin look good!!looove it =O)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by rachaeleve1989

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product did not meet my expectations. i had read many reviews on here first and it sounded really great as a bronzing gel and it is, however, i found that the colour doesnt last long and i didnt like the consistancy or the colour that it gave. on the upside, if you need a quick bronzing in the summertime without the stress of self tanning, then go for this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Miataylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A truly wonderful product! I USED to tan, and after much consideration, I've come to the conclusion that the instant gratification of tanning is NOT worth it in the long run. With that said, I have been searching for various products to give me a bronzed glow without the UV damage. I use this lotion (it's a rather runny lotion) on my face, arms, etc. It has a HINT of shimmer, but nothing obvious, and it's honestly kinda orange based. That's okay for my skintone though since my skin has the slightest bit of orange-yellowness to it. I could definitely see where this would be a horrible color for some skintones (cooler fairer skintones). It stays on pretty well (until I shower or wash my hands), and I have not had any problems with it transferring onto clothing. HOwever, I have not really worn this much during warmer weather, so I'm sure if I were to sweat, that might be an issue. It does have a slight scent to it, and I'm terrible at describing scents.. let's just say it's not offensive and fades quickly. It's more of a floral scent. It comes in a large bottle, and it can be sheered out very easily and it also can be built up for a darker color quite easily. BE WARNED THOUGH! Be sure to wash your palms/fingers very soon after you use it, otherwise they'll be stained for a while =P!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whenever I need a quick glow, hello Jiffy tan! This stuff is basically a spray tan in a bottle. It goes on even, the colour is natural, and at the end of the day you just wash it off. The sparkles are nice, they aren't BLING BLING, more of a soft shimmer. It looks dark in the tube- but don't worry it goes on a lot less scary! I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Alexandralexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super product for girls on the go. No waiting, just perfectly natural (except for the pretty gold sparkles), instantaneous color whenever, wherever you need it.
    I love you Jiffy Tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2006 11:18:00 AM More reviews by perly9

This stuff gave me really nice results. If you go by a Benefit counter at the mall apply some to the back of one hand and compare. This helped in my decision to buy. I love the shimmer the smell and how it looks on me. During the summer my skin gets dry patches so when I tan, those patches are more noticable. Jiffy tan helps even that out. The price isn't bad either.