December 22, 2014 | 1590 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powerpoint - Duck

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Julie888

This is a great alternative to black. It is a matte deep dark expresso brown. I like to use powerpoints on my lower lash line because it lasts all day and glides on easily. I don't like to wear black liner on my bottom lash line and this color really makes my eyes stand out with black liner on my top lash line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 8:37:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A matte dark brown liner with no red tones
I love the powerpoint eyepencils for their superb staying power and this color is a staple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty cool dark brown color. No reddish tones. I can't pull off black eyeliner but this a dark enough brown to create the same effect without looking too harsh on my light skin. The eyeliner is great. It doesn't flake, lasts forever, and only smudges a small bit. It's kinda hard to wash off though. I probably would buy again but I don't wear eye liner that much so I doubt I'll ever use this up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by playsindirt

Wanted to try something different and bought this to replace an old Clinique Eye Shading pencil. I was also hoping for more lasting power too as the Clinique pencil would melt by the end of the day. Boy, this is it. If you let it set up for about 30 seconds, it's there all day. I use it over or under MAC shadows (depending on the look I'm going for) and even alone. It's worth the bucks. I can't wait to try other colors. I think the Powerpoint formula is great too. Non-irritating, long-lasting, but very washable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

After wearing Black eyeliner as a staple for goodness knows how long I finally realised I could do with wearing a softer colour in the day. Eyeliner is important to me because if I don't wear any other make up for whatever reason I will always wear eyeliner no matter what and makes me look more awake. I tend only to wear eyeliner in the waterline and so went to MAC and asked for a brown eyeliner and the MU suggested duck powerpoint. I absolutely love this colour! Its a soft, chocolately brown and I apply it 3/4 of the way of my waterline(because I don't want to end up with tiny eyes because they're not that big anyway) It is fantastic because it doesn't smudge! I will definitely be rebuying this and is now my HG eyeliner. Make sure you get yourself a good quality sharpener too, I have a little MAC one which only costs something like 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by LaChicKitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Duck! Black was starting to look too severe on me, so I decided to research some brown eyeliners. Well, everyone was totally right about Duck - it's perfect. I wanted a taupe-brown -- no red at all in this as I have found in other brownish liners -- and it makes my light brown eyes stand out. If you're looking for a color less intense than black but still gives your eyes a certain je ne sais quoi, then this is it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

edit:I dont know but I find it really hard to apply over eyeshadow and I found a better one from guerlain.the only advantage it doesnt seem to smudge and its waterproof.maybe its my eyelids but this didn't work on me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 5:58:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this almost as much as I do ostentatious fluidline. Fabulous soft taupe/brown. Perfect for a wearable neutral eyeliner. Its a fabulous colour, I'd say it was unique but I find it similar to ostentatious fluidline which I also love. Suprisingly great as an eyebrow pencil for me also! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 7:05:00 AM More reviews by glamourtechnician

This is my HG brown liner. A friend of mine gave me hers as she didn't use it all that often, and I love her for giving it to me! It's not my fav brown liner :) It's the perfect everyday brown, it has excellent staying power, doesn't smudge, It applies really well too, very smooth, great application. I love it. Would recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by savethemarianne

I bought this today as I read these reviews on my quest for a well staying eyeliner. I have to note it applies very well, previous long wearing eyeliners I've seen get cakey and won't actually get from the pencil to your skin, but I've had no problems with that so far. I'm currently testing it for it's staying power so this shall be updated soon, but when I tried to rub the test marks off the back of my hand, I put it under running water AND rubbed at it and nothing came off, the outlines didn't even smudge, so I'd say it's looking good so far!
Added: An amazing point I've found is it with my Chinese thin eyelids, normally liners smudge onto the top of my lid. This doesn't do it at all after a full day, and didn't need retouching all day. I have however found it dragged down a bit on my lower lids, but apparently if you put a bit of powder over it it makes it stay in humid conditions! On the top lid it's a dream!
ADDED: I tried the powder idea using sheer base eyeshadow under and over the liner and it works! Stayed on my under eyes for 7 hours so far and counting, no evaporation, no smudge.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No