September 17, 2014 | 2163 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Chanel - Hydramax Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 - Sunlit

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Lucy014

What?!! Am I using this wrong, or maybe I just have a bad one? I really wanted to like this because its Chanel, but I was so disappointed when I tried this I wanted to cry...

It all started last Saturday when my full size tube of this stuff finally arrived. I was really excited and wanted to try it straight away, so, I washed my face, waited for it to dry and then put some of this stuff on. On the first glance, it was clear to see this was just much, much to dark for my super pale English skin, but I supposed that was my fault - the shade is called "Sunlit", giving the impression it is quite dark. However, I really thought that as a tinted moisturiser it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was too dark, because it should be very sheer and blendable, and so would go with my skin if I didn't use too much and blended it in properly. But it looked awful!!! I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong, and since the first day I have tried it after moisturiser, after exfoliating and after suncream. It has all looked terrible - and what I mean by terrible is that it somehow managed to leave big patches/stripes of dark brown on my face, literally like mud. I was awful, made my skin look dark and dirty, didn't make any positive difference to the texture of my skin even though I have pretty good skin already and certainly didn't add any glow or anything to my face. My face looked greasy, patchy and generally unhealthy and I had to take it off straight away.

This product was expensive and I definitely expected better, especially after having so much success with Vitalumiere and Teint innocence. I really did get beautiful results with them, but my only problem is even the lightest shade of both of them are just too dark/yellow for my pinky, very white skin. I have been searching for ever for a product which does give me nice radiant, glowy skin but without masking the colour of my skin, which I actually like quite a lot. So, I have been searching for a good TM and thought I could definitely rely on Chanel but have been really let down. My search continues, and next I will be trying Laura Mercier and Becca LSC, and will be back with reviews! (:

Bottom line, do not purchase this, I wouldn't buy it even if you had darker skin which suited the colour because to be honest, even the texture is no better than any other average moisturiser. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by HeidiV

I love this tinted moisturizer from Chanel. It's lightweight, provides sheer coverage, natural looking non made-up skin. I also love the light fragrance smell that comes everytime I apply it, some might not be fond of this. I have not had any problem using this at all. Love the packaging, the tube is easy to squeze and you won't end up wasting the expensive product. Given the fact that it's Chanel, the price seems to be higher than some other lines but heck, I'll buy it again :).
Edit: I added 1 more lip because I have been reaching for this TM every morning. Just got a second tube and love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by raindop01

this is a great product. it is not as heavy as foundation but gives a little tint, perfect for those who don't want to wear much. my skin can breathe! sheer and dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im on my 3rd tube. I took a break and used LM's tinted moisturizer in between, but I missed this deep down. Im kind of nervous because my Chanel counter ordered it about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't come in yet - also the Chanel site doesn't list this color at the moment. This is a wonderful tinted moisturizer that matches my skin beautifully - I dont rely on this to moisturize, I use a seperate moisturizer underneath and it works well. If I can find it I will repurchase (maybe several tubes if its being discontinued) I will update if i hear anything further about this products lifespan.

edit: according to a different Chanel counter this shade is discontinued :-(

double edit: ok I'm now told by about 3 different counters (yes Im running around everywhere to find one last remainig bottle of this) that is is NOT discontinued. Apparently they are reformulating this shade (newer isnt always better, cross your fingers its just as good). It should be out in the late spring/summer.
tripple edit 5-19-08: ITS BACK!!! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

Everything about this tinted moisturizer is wonderful except the fact that the colors are hard to match. I bought sunlit since it was the lightest but my face looked orange when I put it on. When I use this now I have to use a lighter colored powder to counter the orange effect...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by rayna_rose

I'm happy with the coverage that this product supplies......it does a good job at covering the dark spots that I have from acne......this product doesn't really moisterize that much so some times I use another moisterizer underneath it.........the packaging lasts a long time because you don't need to use a lot of it every time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lstrue

After receiving a generous sample of this product, I am returning to purchase the full size product. It is pricey, however in my opinion, worth it. I was amazed at how well it held up after spending six hours outside in the sun, with temperatures in the 90s and humidity just as high. I have very light skin, with lots of pink undertones, and this color was just perfect (due to the slight pinkish tint of the stuff). It gave me the perfect sunkissed look on a day when my sunless tanner had worn off and I was back to my pale skin! It didn't feel greasy or heavy, and didn't melt off my face. I was impressed with the coverage which looked completely natural while still evening out my skin tone beautifully. So many TMs just don't last, don't give you any coverage or feel too heavy, but not this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by magnoliabloom

I used this product all summer last year, and one tube lasted me quite a few months. I mostly used it to cover hyperpigmentation from acne; it worked fairly well, but was definitely not worth the $$$ price tag. I wish I'd shopped around a bit more before buying something so expensive that only works averagely well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by hullabaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried a sample of this in Sunlit and I absolutely loved this product, but was very disappointed that the Sunlit was too dark for me and left me with an orange ring around my face. This is the best feeling tinted moisturizer I've ever tried. Its not too heavy on the moisturizer and not too light on the coverage which are things I've found with some other TM's I've tried. And the finish is just perfect, not too shiny and not too matte. They just need to make a few more shades so more people will be able to wear it. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if they had my shade. I'm usually the lightest or second lightest shade in a foundation. There are only 3 shades in this tinted moisturizer currently and Sunlit, the one I tried, is the lightest. It is very pricey at $48.50 at Nordstrom.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by coachwife6

I have been searching for a lightweight foundation for a long time. This does not give me full coverage but it gives me enough for an even skin tone and the no make-up look. I feel good when I wear this. I tried the bronzelit and it was too dark. Sunlit is just right for me.