November 27, 2014 | 1508 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I bought it at a Mary Kay party that I was going to for a friend to be supportive with no intention of buying anything and after trying all of it, I ended up spending $200 by the time I was done! I love everything I bought. But this stuff is amazing. I have a patch of "pregnancy mask" that is left over from when I was pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago that has never gone away. By using this stuff, it's lightened substantially and this is only after a couple of weeks of use. I can't wait to see the long term results! I will be buying this again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by brandibmarino

I usually can't use "scrubs" because they make my skin go haywire, but this is a whole other animal. My skin loves this product. I recommend applying to dry clean skin for more dermabrasion, if you know what I mean. My face is smooth and fresh and new. The serum that you use right after is very nice as well. Takes the sting and redness right out and offers a little bit of hydration. Very happy and will definitely keep this in my lineup.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lcharles9808

The best kit i have used. Nothing compairs to the results you get with this kit. leaves my skin soft, smooth and glowing. The only downfall is the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hated it, it was harsh but never noticed any improving for my skin... maybe was just wrong for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by 10laurabelle

Certainly not good for my skin. Whilst rubbing the beads on my face - it actually really hurt!! - It felt like rubbing sand on the skin. I cant imagine how that can be good for it all. When I look at my skin - yes, its shiny - but its also very red! Not to be used with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by monica8six

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have or had very dry scaly skin but I have seen an improvement since using this. Ive been using it for about 2 weeks now. I use it every other day. I also use it in combination with Estee Lauder advanced night repair after step 2 for extra protection against my dry skin. So far I am liking it and will keep using it to maintain results I've gotten so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by redjenny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the microdermabrasion scrub with my Clarisonic and it provides fantastic exfoliation.

I had been using the Neostrata microdermabrasion system but they discontinued it (hate that). I tried numerous peels and scrubs after that but nothing really worked well enough. I have to say that I was reluctant to try Mary Kay ... I always thought it was kind of an old lady brand but I read the reviews here and, well, I was desperate so I gave it a try. The scrub is gentle but effective on its own but I am 36 and really need that extra something ... the Clarisonic does the trick. My skin feels refreshed afterward and makeup goes on well. This regimen every other day is all I need ... I hope MK doesn't discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by carlan80

This kit really works. I like this better that the one from beautychoice with the facial machine thing. My HG dermabrasion. I noticed immediate result on the size of my pores and texture of my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by valancyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This set works fine but it's so pricey that I won't buy it again. So far I can't tell a difference between Step 1 and the Biore scrub I was using before. And Step 2 doesn't seem too different from a standard moisturizer. Packaging gripe: The bottle for Step 2 is made of glass. Last night I tipped it off my sink and it shattered into a million tiny pieces. So, yeah ... pricey product that doesn't work much better than cheaper alternatives AND that has fragile packaging that is a pain in the neck to clean up when it breaks. Not so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by starrbegley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I've read that you shouldn't use in conjunction with retin a, I've found the opposite to be true. Although, my skin is used to the retin a and I wouldn't recommend if you're in the red and sensitive stage of tx.
I love this product. First I've tried from mk.
Step one helps get all the junk off my skin, assuming that its helping remove the cells that the retin a is turning over. Step 2 has been good so far.
The thing that sold me is that mk has a money back policy. If I use it for a while and don't like it, I can return for free. Period. So, to anyone dissapointed...go get your money back! Worth every penny to me so far.