April 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this perfume! It isn't my all time favorite, but it is both sensual and light - and I really like the combination of the two. I don't know that it is worth the price though. I may or may not buy a second bottle after the one I am currently using runs out only bc there are perfumes that may be just as good or better that aren't quite as expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So pretty. So grose.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a lovely soft floral fragrance with youthful undertones. Unfortunately, the fragrance is not long lasting. As much as I love it I would think twice before paying such a high price for such a short lasting fragrance. I recommend carrying a small atomizer in one's purse, pocket, etc to revitalize scent as the day progresses.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This fragrance makes me feel instantly sick and gives me a monster headache. My chemistry does not appreciate this scent. I have never worn the fragrance but I have been around a few people that enjoy wearing it. I asked one lady the exact name for reference from that moment on I know exactly what someone is wearing when they are rocking this out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Icingsugar

This is a review for the new 2012 "Miss Dior".

I have had a weird experience with this scent. I first tried it a few years ago when I was around 15, this was the previous formulation "cherie" and at first I liked it. A few years later I tried it again and did not. However, when the new formulation came out the new ad directed by my favourite movie director Sofia Coppola captured my attention and despite previously disliking it, I tried the new formulation and found myself strangely drawn to it. In the dry down I noticed the similarities between that and Coco Mad'mselle by Chanel which my mother wears and loves.

Anyway, a few months later I bought the 30ml of this and found myself absolutely in love with it. I think its one of those scents that just WORKS with my skin and smells amazing. Tangy citrus and stawberry starts, slightly jammy and interesting, it then becomes more smooth and comforting, ending in a clean musk. I wore this last summer in Paris and so this reminds me of the eiffel tower, the Louvre and crying at Michelangelo sculptures. :) Have nearly run out but will rebuy!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Carolsent88

This perfume is wonderful!!!! used it since i was 16, 20 now.its like fruity but not the cheap type of fruity,kind of caramel like mixed with floral smell with a hint of citrus adds a little spicy kick to it (just a little). Very summerly scent think hot summer with a nice breeze kinda smell :) But only use with one spray or like a half a spray, the first spray smell strong but changes into a more softer yet i still smell it scent minutes after. Long lasting perfume. Great for day and night! price is on the expense side. cheapest is 45 dollars which is just the perfume by itself small size. prize lowers a lot in the holiday seasons. You will not regret buying this. PERFECT! but remember it will smell differently on people because of the naturally oils of your skin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

Ok let me start off by saying this review is not for the 2005 version but for the 2012 version which I love!

First this fragrance is not light at all it's a pretty heavy scent and I can smell it a mile away it's that strong. I would classify this as a chypre floral but more on the green side because I get a really strong patchouli not and love patchouli! On me this fragrance is beautiful the notes are all perfect with each other but on the dry down it does get powdery but not in an old lady way either. Oh and I do have to agree it can smell of Chanel mademoiselle sometimes. Also I forgot to mention this new formulation does not have cupcake,caramel popcorn notes in it so idk where you got that from because the those notes are in the 2005 version which I hate!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have always loved this, it is light, girly yet classy and a perfect smell for daytime. It suits any age and really lasts.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by stls

Let me start by saying it has been reformulated in 2011, so the composition is quite different mow. And it's renamed to ''Miss Dior''.

I never really liked the 2005 version. I found the patchouli/cherry/caramel combo unappealing in a way so I avoided sampling the new version until I got a decant.

It starts with a strong blast of candied orange and strawberry marmalade. Not bad at all during cold weather, it's kind of festive, like a yummy smelling firework but it's soon toned down.
Later I can detect the subtle presence of rose in a soapy form...
The drydown remains sweet, soft with more patchouli and oak moss.

Silage is a a very happy medium and longevity is also reasonable. I find the overall composition well crafted, less gourmand and more chypre than the previous. And it's totally different than Coco Mademoiselle which turns overly sour on my skin.

It remains a girly happy carefree perfume but not too candied anymore!
I enjoy my decant but I find the soap unappealing personally so I'm still not convinced to buy an actual bottle...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"Miss Dior Cherie" perfume has been renamed just "Miss Dior". I love the first name better but at least DIOR kept the beautiful scent.

The first scent that comes to my mind when I smell Miss Dior (Cherie) is apricots. Wait... let me think again maybe strawberries and apricots. But there are no apricots or strawberries that I know of in this. I think it is actually mandarin oranges. Delicate tiny mandarin oranges that are the base for this sensual blend of Egyptian jasmine, maybe Neroli (not sure) and patchouli. Patchouli used to be popular in the 60s. Trust me this is not a 60s scent. This perfume has a nice balance of modern and fruity. I want this for Christmas but it really is a spring scent.

Although I mentioned fruitiness it really is not overpowering. This is not a sexy provocative scent more of a flirty delicate intimate elegant scent with a hint fun. Perfume that makes you feel happy and gives off positive energy. It makes me think of beauty and youth.

Does it last?
No. I found it last about an hour or two. However, this is without layering the scent the way most recommend. If you can carry a small bottle with you in your purse you can always freshen up. But prior to this your scent needs to start in the shower with a gel or soap. Then layer with Dior Miss Cherie moisturizer and of course sprinkle a bit in the air walk through the spritz and viola you're scented. All this might help to retain the scent.