April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lschwartz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate this mascara and am so disappointed with it. I swear by regular Hypnose for volume, curl and separation. I am going on holiday and thought I would buy the waterproof version.

Waterproof Hypnose is nothing like regular Hypnose! The brush is very different - it is small, with short tiny spokes - not like the nice full spokes on the regular brush. It is a big wet mess on my lashes, does not curl at all, and is basically like Great Lash - it makes my lashes black, but nothing more. I paid $57 for this and am so angry I might try to get a refund. Don't waste your money!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by redcloud75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm happy this works for so many people, but I should have spent my $25 on a handful of lattes. After the second use - both of which gave me beautiful, sweeping, soot colored lashes - it clumped, completely. It was almost a paste. I exchanged it, and the same thing happened. This week I have also had the first stye of my life. I hope that I have just had the (worst ever string of) flawed tubes, but I'm thinking not. Sigh. Off I go to find another mascara that lengthens and darkens without clumping or giving me an eye infection ...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift before the summer. I was really happy to see that the mascara was a waterproof formula as my previous experience (virtose(?) the lengthening one) was not great as was too wet and made my lashes flop hence smudging occurs.

Hypnose waterproof however gave me a surprise as it held my lashes pretty well (probably due to the waterproof formula), voluminous my lashes slightly giving making my lashes look neat. It makes my lashes not too over done as it doesn't clump much, I also liked the fact that it didn't have fibers in the formula (or as far as I can see there wasn't any fall out what-so-ever).

Overall it's a great mascara, the only downside is the price. As great as it is I can't really justify the cost as I throw my mascaras out every 3-4 months. Also the Japanese drugstore brands do just as good of a job, but at a fraction of a price. For me the product is one of a luxury which is great, but I can do without.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used Voluminous, but don't sell it here anymore, so I tried many others, but this...I love it, volumizes, lengthens, it holds the curl all day...will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the better Lancome mascara's out of their entire collection and it would be in my top two.
No clumping with beautiful, easy coverage. Good lengthening with a subtle volumising effect (if you want a reakky volumous/fake lash effect try the Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof). Lasts all day with no flaking. I can''t really fault this product except I wish it was cheaper (don't we all) ;p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is the best waterproof mascara I've used. It actually stays on all day. I went swimming for hours and this did not budge. I won't buy again because it was really difficult to take off. But if you need something that will stay this would be my first choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by geanieLOL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like it at first because it was clumpy and too wet because whenever i applied it, it would make my lashes stick together like spider legs. After a couple of weeks, i took it out again in hopes of it magically working. AND IT DID! So i guess the formula dried up a bit...? The design of the brush is interesting, it had curves on it if you look closely so i think that helped with the application. I have mixed thoughts on the volumizing and lengthening, i wasn't happy with the results but i'll give it some props because it did vamp up my lashes and gave me a really natural look, which i love. As for the waterproof aspect.... i cried in it and it didn't budge; however, beware.. do not rub your eyes. For me, washing it off was an easy task too.. (I just use makeup removing cleanser first then wipe my eyes with some olive oil on a cotton pad) .. my lashes didn't fall out. It also held up my curl extremely well throughout the day, considering how i have straight Asian-born lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara ! One of the best I have used !
1.Doesnt smudge after even 24 hours ( yes, I didin t remove my makeup at night).
2. long beautiful black deer lashes.
3.holds the curl amazing! the best I have tried so far !
4. doesnt clump.

My only holdback :
very hard to remove, even with lancome bifacil ! I have noticed that after 2 weeks of using it every day, my lashes started to fall out, 2-3 lashes from every eye !
Now I am using it just on a special ocasion !
Conclusion : top mascara !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Duty Free cos they discontinued the Shiseido Lasting Lift, which is fabulous.

So. This makes me have spider lashes on my left eye only, so maybe its just application. I think this is OK, because it doesn't flake or smudge. But it's a bit too heavy for my curl. As in, if I put on 2 or more coats, the curl will get weighed down a little but it's alright.

I like this cos IT DOESN'T IRRITATE MY EYES. Which is so rare in mascaras and eyeliners.

You have to wipe the wand gently to get rid of excess product before using if not it will clump like crazy.

I found that the best way to use this mascara is to curl your lashes, then wipe off the excess mascara on the wand and apply one very light coat, let it dry, then curl again and apply 2-3 coats. O M G, amazing curl power, held my curl for more than 14 hours, and doesn't smudge at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by michalehr

I really like this mascara. It gives me very pretty lashes, without clumping. Lasting power is good too, doesn't last all day but almost.
Edit: I have found that only tubing mascaras last all day on me and am now loving Becca ultimate mascara.