November 21, 2014 | 1720 users online

Shampoo - Philip B. - White Truffle Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2004 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Thessalia

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved the product except for one thing - it made my scalp itch and even raw in a few places. I must be allergic to one of the ingredients. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by aried

My HG shampoo. I have been using this shampoo for about 5 years and will not wash my hair with anything else if I can help it. My hair is very unruly and curly, and this makes it less so. If I wash my hair with something else it goes frizzy or too puffy this makes it smooth and weighs it down a bit. I love the botanical smell and the creamy texture. A bottle lasts me about 4 months since I only use it twice a week max along with the shea butter conditioner. Only shampoo I will buy for a long time. UPDATE* Sorry Phillip B. white truffle shampoo I am leaving you for Frederic Fekkai glossing shampoo. Don't worry I might come back to you at some point.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2003 11:09:00 AM More reviews by missm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this in a gift bag and was very excited to try it. Unfortunately, itís a very average shampoo that doesnít do anything special. I get better results from LíOreal ColorVive. With the White Truffle, thereís no extraordinary shine, volume or scent. I also donít find anything about it that magically protects and preserves color (itís marketed as being wonderful for color-treated hair). Nothing about it justifies the very high price tag. Iíll pay $33 for Komenuka Bijin Shampoo, as it delivers what it promises: clean, soft, bouncy, super shiny hair. Also, Komenuka Bijin doesnít contain sulfates, whereas White Truffle does. Iím glad I didnít fork out money for this Phillip B. shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2003 1:00:00 AM More reviews by shoobashooba

What a way-out luxury to spend this much on a shampoo!!! $45!!! YIKES! But, I love it! My hair shines like the dickens and feels so soft. Worth the splurge because you don't use it every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this has got to be the most expensive bloody shampoo i've ever used! smells a bit like aveda would if aveda made this guy's shampoo, which it doesn't, but you get the idea... moisturizes well. i was able to use it alone without a conditioner and not have a nest on my head afterwards, but i really didn't want to start knocking over 7-elevens to fund this shampoo habit, so i had to give it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by midnightc

I use this shampoo when I have a special occasion that I have to look particularly good for. It gives my hair terrific body and moisture but is too heavy to use every day. However, when I use it once a week I can truly say that this has done more for my hair than ANY other hair product I've used! That's saying a lot! I've used just about everything! And I love the scent! Would I buy it again even if I didn't think it was so spectacular? I think I would just because the scent is so amazing and it makes me feel good. Isn't that why we all purchase this stuff?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2002 6:27:00 PM More reviews by roo75

I'm a real sucker for luxe items, and I usually find them well worth it, not so with this one. The condition of my hair did not change, and although the product is rich, I found myself using a lot to make it lather. However, it gets 2 lipsticks for its v. relaxing, lavender fragrance. I think the brilliance of this product is in its marketing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2002 1:38:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I could not wait to try this product. Even though it costs $45, I was told that it is one of the best shampoos out there, boy were they wrong. This did nothing for me, except make my dry hair drier, however, my husband who has normal hair likes it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2001 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

An excellent product for dehydrated and damaged hair, this adds softness and manageability without weighing the hair down. I find my color-damaged long fine hair only needs a spray-in conditioner after using this. It has a thin, watery texture and a pleasant light lemon/herb scent. You really need to apply twice as the first application doesn't lather well. Far too rich for daily use or non-damaged hair, it is best to restrict it to once or twice a week, and for dried-out hair only.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2001 2:31:00 AM More reviews by marysmith8915

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this product all the time! Even though it is extraordinarily expensive it is WELL worth it. I have fine hair and I can't use conditioner. I can't say enough for how great this product is!