Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

3.7

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLOXAMER 188. BISABOLOL. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG/PPG-14/4 DIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM CHLORIDE

on 9/29/2012 6:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in a set of Avene products for subscribing to a magazine. Not very impressed. It's the only Avene product I was sent that I really don't like. It doesn't even do a decent job at removing makeup, I used a Nivea cleansing wipe after and lots more came off.

The only use I've found for this is if I'm doing my makeup later in the day and want to 'freshen' my face up before putting on moisturizer. Def. won't be buying a bottle of this when it's gone....and with the little that I use it, it won't be gone for quite some time. The cleansing wet wipes that companies like Nivea and Olay put out are much better for removing your makeup prior to cleansing....and cheaper too.

on 5/28/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ugh! Doesn't work as a cleanser or makeup remover at all, even when I have the lightest of makeup on. I remember seeing this in a magazine as a good alternative to the bioderma (not available where I live) so it made me curious more than anything (I have not yet tried the bioderma). Big fail. Kinda just feels like applying slightly oily water to your face that doesn't remove much of anything. If doesn't leave my skin dry or tight feeling but it doesn't do what it claims either. I would skip this.

on 5/28/2012 9:31:00 PM

In a word: meh.
Pros: it does not irritate my skin. If I use it as a toner and not a make up remover, I feel it does the job.
Cons: although it did an ok job of taking off my make up, my face never felt CLEAN. It is pricey for what it does. Why, oh why, does Avene insist on putting fragrance in their products?
Although it is "ok" I don't think it adds anything to my skin care regime. I won't be buying again.
The woman at the higher end drug store where I buy my products says that Avene does not have as good of products as La Roche Porsay (see my other reviews). This is an "ok" product,

on 4/25/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So. I bought this product after white heads/milia started appearing on my skin, despite regular cleaning with the vichy micellar. I decided to try a new foundation (mac f & b) and my usual vichy/witch hazel routine wasnt cutting it. I needed something that reeeally took makeup off. and from reading the product in shoppers drug mart, it seemed like it'd do the job.

After my first use. I was pretty disappointed. My skin felt tight. an like there was a film on it. and there was a weird smell. plus the packaging isnt as great as my vichy product. so i used the vichy lotion to remove the residue and continued for a few days, using both products to see if the milia would stop showing up.

less than a week of daily use of the avene. and my skin texture is actually improved. my red spots are less red and overall my face is more even. it's been awhile since a skincare product has impressed me this much. but im going to have to try more avene!

on 3/30/2012 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Bought it after reading so many review. Sick and tired of using off shelves makeup oil remover which cause discomfort to my eye, giving me that "sticky".."gluey" feel.
Love it the first time I used it to remove my eye makeup. I do wear heavy makeup. It do not entirely takes off all eye makeup at one go. need to swipe it a few times to get rid of it.
I do follow up with a cleansing foam even thru it does not required any rinsing off.
I do get some residue from waterline after cleansing foam which i gently removed it afterward with a cotton bud soak in Avene Micellar lotion.
In summary, I will definetly repurchased.

on 3/24/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had to buy this because my HG Bioderma was sold out and the SA recommended it. It's pretty good, and doesn't irritate my eyes which is a huge plus. But it leaves a slightly sticky film, so I went over it with toner. There was still some makeup that came clean with the toner step. So it's a great mu remover, but not the one-step miracle it claims to be. It works better than the Vichy or Lise Watier micellar waters, FYI.

on 2/11/2012 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a lazy girl. I don't like fussing around with the taps, trying to get the water to not be freezing cold or scorching hot, waiting for the right temperature. In the shower, I use regular cleansers and scrubs, but when I am out of the shower I just want to wipe makeup and grime off my face in one go and not be bothering with using make-up remover, then washing my face, then fumbling for a towel and then moisturising. The less steps, the better. Also, anything that dries my face out too much ends up breaking me out...

So, I have been looking for a one step only cleanser that doesn't involve water, and I have finally found a good one! One look at the cotton pad tells you that it works. I need two sides of a cotton pad to get everything off my face but it glides off pretty easily, no need to rub harshly. Then I chuck the pad, apply moisturiser and voila. Morning or evening, that's all it takes. It's super gentle, effective and it has not caused any break-outs so I think I will stick with this if I can resist the lure of the cosmetics counter sirens calling me to try yet another three step system that costs a fortune, just because I'm curious. I am satisfied with this product, it's not very fancy or exciting but it works.

on 12/15/2011 1:31:00 PM

Sorry but this is my first miss with Avène. Didn't like the odor, felt weird on my skin. It actually left an oily film & didn't clean as well as others I've tried.

on 11/21/2011 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, so I have been "Dating" Dermalogica for sometime. I'll talk about that in my Clean Bar review. I'm here to talk about Avene Micellar.
Due to environmental and poor choices, my skin became, dry, over-reactive and gross. I looked older and lackluster. I pointed the finger & put the offender under the bathroom sink...for now. I took out from same holding cell, Avene Micellar Lotion. When I'd bought it in the Summer Season it was on sale hardcore so I bought 2 big bottles. I found it rather underwhelming and put it away. It's used as makeup remover as well, but, I don't wear alot of MU so that's not so important. I needed something gentle, simple, FAST!
I used as directed last night.
This morning, Im like a Brand New B!%CH :D
I think I will keep using this until I hit a wall. If I don't I have a wiener.

on 8/1/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was hoping this would be a magic cure-all based on many positive reviews I've read (here and elsewhere), but the jury's still out on this one. I'm a few weeks into my first bottle with no visible improvement yet.

I have mildly oily skin prone to clogged pores and tiny pimples, and my skin just never felt *clean* when I used this as a no-rinse cleanser. Like I was just putting more junk on my face. Of course, I could always follow it up with a second cleanser, but then why bother with the product at all?

In terms of makeup removal, I found that it did a decent job with my wash-off mascara and concealer, but when I follow up with a cider vinegar toner I end up catching more dirt/ makeup.

Still, I know you're supposed to give your skin time to adjust, so maybe I'll try rinsing after I use it and see what happens.

to be continued...