October 24, 2014 | 1795 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to buy this because my HG Bioderma was sold out and the SA recommended it. It's pretty good, and doesn't irritate my eyes which is a huge plus. But it leaves a slightly sticky film, so I went over it with toner. There was still some makeup that came clean with the toner step. So it's a great mu remover, but not the one-step miracle it claims to be. It works better than the Vichy or Lise Watier micellar waters, FYI.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a lazy girl. I don't like fussing around with the taps, trying to get the water to not be freezing cold or scorching hot, waiting for the right temperature. In the shower, I use regular cleansers and scrubs, but when I am out of the shower I just want to wipe makeup and grime off my face in one go and not be bothering with using make-up remover, then washing my face, then fumbling for a towel and then moisturising. The less steps, the better. Also, anything that dries my face out too much ends up breaking me out...

So, I have been looking for a one step only cleanser that doesn't involve water, and I have finally found a good one! One look at the cotton pad tells you that it works. I need two sides of a cotton pad to get everything off my face but it glides off pretty easily, no need to rub harshly. Then I chuck the pad, apply moisturiser and voila. Morning or evening, that's all it takes. It's super gentle, effective and it has not caused any break-outs so I think I will stick with this if I can resist the lure of the cosmetics counter sirens calling me to try yet another three step system that costs a fortune, just because I'm curious. I am satisfied with this product, it's not very fancy or exciting but it works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

Sorry but this is my first miss with Avène. Didn't like the odor, felt weird on my skin. It actually left an oily film & didn't clean as well as others I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Okay, so I have been "Dating" Dermalogica for sometime. I'll talk about that in my Clean Bar review. I'm here to talk about Avene Micellar.
Due to environmental and poor choices, my skin became, dry, over-reactive and gross. I looked older and lackluster. I pointed the finger & put the offender under the bathroom sink...for now. I took out from same holding cell, Avene Micellar Lotion. When I'd bought it in the Summer Season it was on sale hardcore so I bought 2 big bottles. I found it rather underwhelming and put it away. It's used as makeup remover as well, but, I don't wear alot of MU so that's not so important. I needed something gentle, simple, FAST!
I used as directed last night.
This morning, Im like a Brand New B!%CH :D
I think I will keep using this until I hit a wall. If I don't I have a wiener.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by squishface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this would be a magic cure-all based on many positive reviews I've read (here and elsewhere), but the jury's still out on this one. I'm a few weeks into my first bottle with no visible improvement yet.

I have mildly oily skin prone to clogged pores and tiny pimples, and my skin just never felt *clean* when I used this as a no-rinse cleanser. Like I was just putting more junk on my face. Of course, I could always follow it up with a second cleanser, but then why bother with the product at all?

In terms of makeup removal, I found that it did a decent job with my wash-off mascara and concealer, but when I follow up with a cider vinegar toner I end up catching more dirt/ makeup.

Still, I know you're supposed to give your skin time to adjust, so maybe I'll try rinsing after I use it and see what happens.

to be continued...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by FacingItJukes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this product to be a very good one step cleanser. I agree with the other user who said that she uses it to follow her other cleaning step; once in a while, I use a cleansing bar or something of a deeper cleanser followed by Micellar. But most of the time, I just stick with this and then a spritz of Avene mineral water, and I find it good and not drying. I am prone to break outs even though my skin is a bit on the dry side, and I have found that this stuff works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Akashka

I have a very sensitive skin, especially during winter because my skin ABSOLUTLY hates cold and sudden changes of temperature.
My dermatologist prescribed this to me as a face cleaner, not only make up reamove, just a face cleaner to use instead of my usual soapy one. Works great ! The smell is subtle, it's soothing and cleans really well :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by thecartel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't use this as a makeup remover, per se. I wash my face first with Phisoderm which removes most of my makeup, then I follow with the micellar lotion to pick up anything that my cleanser might have missed. Although it says "no rinse", I just splash my face with water just in case, wipe dry and spray a very fine mist of Avene thermal water. Finally, I apply the Avene cicalfate. I have a nice glow and my complexion is much more even. My skin feels really soft and clean after the micellar lotion. The fragrance doesn't bother me and it doesn't seem to irritate my acne. And since I don't actually use it as my main makeup remover, I don't need a lot of it so the bottle will last a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Fabo

My face turn red with this product (perfum), you shouldn't buy it if you have sensitive skin. I bought this micellar lotion because i wanted for soft cleanser and i had good experience with avene cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product does a great job of removing makeup and cleaning the skin. However, it is not for sensitive skin. My face had a reaction and started burning and turning red after I used it.