December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Paorie

I bought this product mainly for being 100% cruelty free. A lot of products claim that their FINAL product wasn't tested on animals, but the individual ingredients they bought from their suppliers were actually tested. Anyway,I didn't really expect that I would love this product. I am using it as a night cream. I'm Asian and my skin is combination/oily, with rosacea and occasional pimples. Bought it on sale at local Walgreens for about $16. Cheaper than the "cruel" Olay night cream...

Pros:
- 100% CRUELTY FREE
- Calmed down my rosacea. (never expected that)
- moisturizing (for day cream)
- skin is smooth and soft
- didn't sting my eyes!
- smells good
- nice texture
- claims for being vegan
- easily available at local drugstores or even in a good Walmart branch

Cons:
- Jar packaging
- not as moisturizing if used as a night cream (the package did say for night and day. i guess you gotta have to put more product to achieve wanted results)

Overall, I would buy this again provided that I don't decide to be a product junkie and try something else. I haven't been using this long enough to see if it's effective as an "anti-aging,". But, yeah, I definitely recommend this product and i think it's better than high end department store creams that are mostly animal-tested (final and/or ingredients).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination/oily skin that gets a bit dryer in the winter months. I was on the hunt for something that would make a nice night time cream and had read some of the reviews on here for this one and hurried out to purchase it. I love the consistency of this lotion (very smooth and sinks in quickly). It made my skin glow and my skin seemed to perk up for the first couple days of use. After that, it was pimple city. I had teeny tiny little zits EVERYWHERE after about a week of use. I quit using it immediately and stayed away for about a month while my face cleared up. Hoping that it wasn't the lotion, but some other factor, I tried this lotion again a few days ago. Again, zits. EVERYWHERE. I would recommend this lotion to people who aren't as prone to acne as I am because it has a lovely consistency and because of my skins initial reaction (glowy-ness) to it. It moisturized very nicely without being too much or making me oily. I really wished it could have worked out for me. I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Cparrott09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cream, I've been looking for natural paraben free face cream that's as rich as my ponds and this is it. I put it on and wake up with nice, supple skin in the morning. I stopped using it during the day since my skin is combo leaning more towards oily, but I use the aloe and green tea one for the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I was using burts bees beeswax night cream, but for 15 dollars, a little did NOT go a long way. I used it up in about a month, when creams usually last me 6 months. So, i wanted more product for the same price. Thats when i chose this alba cream. Its the same price for about 4x more cream. Its good and i would buy it again, but i took off a lippie because, since my skin is SUPER dry, I had to mix in a little vaseline and olive oil into it to wear at night. After that, its perfect and my skin has been sooooo smooth and soft and moisturized since!!!

ok, EDIT!! Ive been using this for a while, but now after I wake up, my nose is oily, but its flaky too! It makes no sense! Its paradoxical! Anyway, this is ok for the day, but not strong enough for night, even with evoo added to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the third (perhaps 4th) Alba moisturizer I've tried, and is by far my least favorite so far. On the plus side, it's not too expensive, wears well under makeup, has pretty healthy ingredients, and is adequately moisturizing for my very dry skin (except in winter). However, it made me break out in painful blemishes (which are very rare for me). It also has a very strong smell. Personally, I didn't care for the scent (a bit floral, probably because of the jasmine), but even if I had, it was a bit strong for something that goes on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I LOVE this moisturizer cream. I use it as a night cream. It doesn't make my face break out and I love the scent. It goes on very creamy. It does seem rather oily after putting it on, but by morning it's pretty much all gone. In the morning, all I do is wipe whatever is left of it (as well as my eye cream, which stays on thick) with a wet washcloth, and I really don't even need a day moisturizer after using this cream, even though I use one for the SPF. I've been using this for about six months. Before I began using this cream, I used to get dry skin around my nose, cheeks and forehead. Now, that's all gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have very sensitive oily acne prone skin and i have to say i LOVE this product. it makes my skin soooo soft! smells of gardenia to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by jenetteln

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the product for over a month and very happy with the results. I have very dry skin and most moisturizers can't come close to keeping my skin moisturized all day and this does. The moisturizers I was using before where chemically oil based, like Vanicream and after a while my skin was not happy. I wanted something more natural to use instead. I was very impressed and have bought the whole line of facial products as well as body lotions/creams from Alba Hawaiian. My skin is healing and getting healtier then I could every imagine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my bf lovessssssss this cream. he is on his 2nd jar. he has the driest skin ever and it just drinks this stuff up. smells really nice too. i am too afraid to use this on my oily-acne prone face so i just use it as a under eye night cream. its very emollient, comes in a jar and as long as you wash your hands (which you should do anyway) before you dip your fingers in, i dont see what the issue is with sanitation? good stuff and even better price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by EUPHORIASTAFF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells soooooooooo good, leaves my skin supple and mouisturized. Love it! Edit: meh, ended up returing it. Although it smelled amazing it was too much for my sensetive skin.