Alba Botanica Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, organic sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, octyl palmitate, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tromethamine stearate, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl monolaurate, extracts of centella asiatica (gotu kola), chamomilla recutita (chamomile) and jasminum officinale, tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), organic oils of sweet almond, borago officinalis (borage) and jojoba, allantoin, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), macadamia ternifolia oil and aleurites moluccana (kukui) nut oil, awapuhi and carica papaya extracts, dimethicone, xanthan gum, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol and fragrance.5/23/09

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I bought mine during a "buy one get one free" sale at my local Rite-Aid, I picked up a couple for $10 each, otherwise the pricing would be too high for me (full time student).

Anyway, the first night that I used it, my boyfriend took one look at me and complimented my "glowing" complexion! He touched my face and also said my face was extremely soft! I only say this because he is the type of guy that never notices any of the details (hair cuts, new makeup, nail polish color, clothes, shoes, etc) So believe me, its saying a lot!

I have dry, sensitive facial skin, and no breakouts here! However I don't have acne prone skin, so I cant speak for that. Anyway, it's easy to apply - im really talking about the perfect consistency here! A little goes a long way. So far I've only used it as a night moisturizer, but if I ever run out of my day cream, I wouldn't mind using this at all!

I'm not one to care about the testing of products, but some of you are and this is not tested on animals;; so even though that wouldn't stop me from buying the product, it definitely puts a smile on my face! I will definitely be repuchasing again - a quantity of two should last me until there is another bogo offer for the product. =)

I've used this off and on for about a year using it for a month here and there. I kept using it cuz it never did anything awful, but I've definitely come to the conclusion that it makes my skin look greasy-ish and also red and kinda irritated looking. Certainly doesn't improve anything anyway, so that's that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful moisturizer! I have been using Cetaphil Moisturizer for years, but was never fully pleased with it and decided I needed something new. Due to using Differin gel for my acne and living in bitter West Michigan, my skin was becoming so flaky to the point that I couldn't put my normal make-up on! This moisturizer calmed my skin down and has not caused me to break out (I've been using it for about 4 months). Does not make my skin feel greasy and wears great under makeup! I'm using it with Alba Coconut Milk Facial Wash and Alba Hibiscus Facial Toner. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because the packaging isn't all that great ... you have to dib your fingers in the jar, so it's not all that hygenic! Just be sure to wash your hands before sticking your hand in the jar and you should be set!!

I really wanted to like this product. I have sensitive skin with a few zits from time to time, depending on my hormones but generally, my skin is clear. I like natural products but this moisturizer broke me out tremendously. I have never seen so many pimples on my forehead. I like the smell but it does burn/tingle just a bit when I apply it. I am so disappointed and I will probably just go back to my regular old Olay until I decide to try another natural moisturizer. Now I have to figure out the best way to clear these pimples!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Having sensitive skin that is combination/oily with the occasional random dry patch it is hard to find a consistent moisture cream. After using this, I was happy with the results. It did not break me out, the light jasmine scent is nice and not overbearing and its versatile - I can use it as both a day cream and a night cream with great results.
I use a drop mixed in with my foundation for day wear which erased any dry areas without leaving an oily sheen. As a night cream I apply a fairly heavy layer after my Differin (drying acne med) and it combats any sensitivity. I wake up with soothed skin!

I bought this product mainly for being 100% cruelty free. A lot of products claim that their FINAL product wasn't tested on animals, but the individual ingredients they bought from their suppliers were actually tested. Anyway,I didn't really expect that I would love this product. I am using it as a night cream. I'm Asian and my skin is combination/oily, with rosacea and occasional pimples. Bought it on sale at local Walgreens for about $16. Cheaper than the "cruel" Olay night cream...

Pros:
- 100% CRUELTY FREE
- Calmed down my rosacea. (never expected that)
- moisturizing (for day cream)
- skin is smooth and soft
- didn't sting my eyes!
- smells good
- nice texture
- claims for being vegan
- easily available at local drugstores or even in a good Walmart branch

Cons:
- Jar packaging
- not as moisturizing if used as a night cream (the package did say for night and day. i guess you gotta have to put more product to achieve wanted results)

Overall, I would buy this again provided that I don't decide to be a product junkie and try something else. I haven't been using this long enough to see if it's effective as an "anti-aging,". But, yeah, I definitely recommend this product and i think it's better than high end department store creams that are mostly animal-tested (final and/or ingredients).

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have combination/oily skin that gets a bit dryer in the winter months. I was on the hunt for something that would make a nice night time cream and had read some of the reviews on here for this one and hurried out to purchase it. I love the consistency of this lotion (very smooth and sinks in quickly). It made my skin glow and my skin seemed to perk up for the first couple days of use. After that, it was pimple city. I had teeny tiny little zits EVERYWHERE after about a week of use. I quit using it immediately and stayed away for about a month while my face cleared up. Hoping that it wasn't the lotion, but some other factor, I tried this lotion again a few days ago. Again, zits. EVERYWHERE. I would recommend this lotion to people who aren't as prone to acne as I am because it has a lovely consistency and because of my skins initial reaction (glowy-ness) to it. It moisturized very nicely without being too much or making me oily. I really wished it could have worked out for me. I won't be buying it again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this cream, I've been looking for natural paraben free face cream that's as rich as my ponds and this is it. I put it on and wake up with nice, supple skin in the morning. I stopped using it during the day since my skin is combo leaning more towards oily, but I use the aloe and green tea one for the day.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I was using burts bees beeswax night cream, but for 15 dollars, a little did NOT go a long way. I used it up in about a month, when creams usually last me 6 months. So, i wanted more product for the same price. Thats when i chose this alba cream. Its the same price for about 4x more cream. Its good and i would buy it again, but i took off a lippie because, since my skin is SUPER dry, I had to mix in a little vaseline and olive oil into it to wear at night. After that, its perfect and my skin has been sooooo smooth and soft and moisturized since!!!

ok, EDIT!! Ive been using this for a while, but now after I wake up, my nose is oily, but its flaky too! It makes no sense! Its paradoxical! Anyway, this is ok for the day, but not strong enough for night, even with evoo added to it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is the third (perhaps 4th) Alba moisturizer I've tried, and is by far my least favorite so far. On the plus side, it's not too expensive, wears well under makeup, has pretty healthy ingredients, and is adequately moisturizing for my very dry skin (except in winter). However, it made me break out in painful blemishes (which are very rare for me). It also has a very strong smell. Personally, I didn't care for the scent (a bit floral, probably because of the jasmine), but even if I had, it was a bit strong for something that goes on my face.