December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Other - Crest - Pro-Health Rinse

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ilovemysammy18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this mouthwash since it came out. I have had no problems except that if you use it after you brush, it will leave a bit of blue on your teeth (though ive been told that is because i whiten too much =S but i use it before i brush in the morn and use the night time formula before i brush at night...i love the flavor!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Funtime1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi, I am sorry but I have to agree with the negative reviewers and I don't like to give bad reviews and give the product the benifit of the doubt. Anyway I used this product for a month and a half and I could slowly keep seeing these brown spots showing up inside my teeth and I would try to brush them to death but it just kept getting worse so I thought at first they were cavities forming but they were not. I went to the dentist for my routine cleaning and I am very good about going every 6 months and told the Hygenist what I had been using and she said it was this mouthwash. She has had so many patients coming in with the exact same problem and using this mouthwash. Thank goodness all the spots came off. There is a certain ingredient in it that attaches itself to tarter she said and thats why it creates the browness. I called Crest and nicely let them know what was going on with me and lots of people and they were super nice and sent me a $10.00 check and a coupon for free toothpaste. But ya don't use it unless you want spreckly brown teeth overtime. It dosent happen right away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I've used this on and off (mostly off) for about a year because it's at my boyfriend's house so I've used it when I slept over. I've always hated the disgusting sour taste in my mouth after using this. Also I found it kind of disgusting that there were little dark blue pieces in it when I spit it out in the sink. So about 3 months ago I went on Yahoo! Answers to figured out what it was and saw all the horrible reviews on this stuff about how it numbs your mouth and MAKES YOUR TEETH TURN BROWN!! I immediately stopped using this and told my boyfriend to do the same. I've told all my friends about this horrible product. I will never use this Pro Health line again (we also stopped using the Pro health toothpaste and threw that away yet this mouth wash has yet to be thrown away and is still sitting on my boyfriend's bathroom counter with the same amount of mouth wash in the bottle thatw as there 3 months ago). I also looked at a ton of other reviews on other sites and then came on MUA to read what others have said. On the back of the tooth paste bottle I actually remember reading that it mentioned that it could cause stains on the teeth. Disgusting!!!!! I'm almost completely turned off Crest and all of their products because of this mouth wash and toothpaste alone but.. I'm giving them one last try.

Will I buy this again? Hell to the no.

Also I forgot to add, I read somewhere (possibly even on here) that a dental assistant said that the stuff in this mouth wash that gives your mouth the numb feeling that many people experience from this is actually the same ingredient in mouth wash that the dentist that she works for gives to patients that have just had mouth surgery.. in other words its supposed to be used for people to numb the soreness of a recent oral surgery.. not for normal use on normal people. wtf?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by rebchandler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I can't comment too much on this product because I only used it twice! I was looking at some user reviews after I had bought this...and found on Amazon and another dental site where users everywhere were getting stains on their teeth. I then googled the main ingredients and found a lot of bad stuff about this stuff when used long term. So, I quickly threw my bottle in the garbage. Won't even take the risk of any stains on my teeth...especially when good old Listerine is always available!

The one thing I can report after my 2 uses...is that I did not like the aftertaste that this left in my mouth. Instead of feeling minty clean...it kinda left a metallic taste and my tongue feeling a little numb. Yuk!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by bunnymoo

I'm surprised I have not seen any reviews on make up alley for this product by someone in the dental field. I am a dental assistant and I know why some people have brown stains and loss of taste. This product contains chlorhexidine, a chemical antiseptic most commonly used in a prescription mouthwash prescribed by dentists for patients with periodontal disease or have had recent oral surgery. It kills all the bacteria in your mouth and prevents more of it from growing, even the bacteria you are supposed to have in your mouth. It is not meant to be used for long periods of time, usually no more than two weeks, any longer and you will get brown stains on your teeth and loss of taste. I know the dentist I work for will never recommend someone to use it. If you want to use mouthwash use Listerine, I know it burns but it works, if used properly. And if you only use it twice a day like the bottle says it won't hurt your gums, it's the people who use it more than that who are drying out their mouths... If your dentist is recommending you use this it's because they want you to come in for a cleaning when it stains your teeth and they make more money off you.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I too am surprised by the bad reviews. I love this stuff - a very nice alternative to Listerine + it was recommended by my dentist. I have had NO adverse reactions and have used off/on for a few years. I like the mild taste; it doesn't burn like Listerine. Even my husband (mr so very picky) likes it and that is hi praise indeed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by caramelhunie

Wow is there a bad batch of this stuff floating around?! I'm shocked to read some of the previous reviews. The whole pro health line was recommended to me by my dentist last year and I've been using it everyday since then with zero problems. I've been using the toothpaste both day and night versions and the mouthwash also day and night versions, and I've tried the whitening mouthwash as well. I haven't gotten any brown stains, numbing or burning feeling, or metallic taste in my mouth from using these products. This is actually my favorite mouthwash...I can't tolerate the burn from Listerine so this is ideal for me. I've also used this mouthwash with different toothpastes as well such as rembrandt and supersmile. I'm sorry that some of you have had problems but this line of products have been a Godsend to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by staci01

This stuff makes me sick literally. I've used this off and on about three separate times and each time if I use for more than 3-4 days I get a slight flu. I used this only at night before bed,after brushing my teeth, and every time I used it I woke up the next morning with an aching and slightly hot feeling in my throat. With prolonged use I'd get a slight fever. Also I noticed that after using this within the next hour , and especially the next morning, THE SKIN ON THE INSIDE OF MY MOUTH (gums/cheeks) START TO PEEL OFF! I've had to reach inside my mouth and pull thin strips of skin off of my inner cheek and that's really gross not to mention freaky. I can say positively that my teeth look whiter but with all the other things that go along with it I don't want to keep using this. After reading some of the other reviews I'm glad to know I'm not alone when it comes to problems with this stuff. IMO I would not recommend it to anyone and Crest needs to go back to the drawing board big time. I'd give this a zero rating if I could. Note: So reading online I see that this contains something called cetylpyridinium chloride which is an antiseptic agent that's also used in pesticides. Fabulous. : ( Definitely not using this ever again and will tell people not to also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm...I am puzzled and intrigued by the reviews stating all these bad outcomes from this product. I have never had a problem. I don't use this every day. I would say more like once every three days. I have never had any problem whatsoever- no brown stains, no numbness, nothing. My biggest complaint would be that this doesn't burn at all. That burn makes me feel like a mouthwash is working. I like-no, LOVE- the burn I get from other mouthwashes. I would add that I don't drink coffee, tea, or cola. I have heard of those products having a synergistic browning effect upon mouthwash users' teeth.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tabbiecatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi, I cannot comment on any brown stains developing on my teeth ......I have not experienced anything like that from this product. However... everytime I have used this, my mouth and lips go strangley NUMB.
I think I would rather risk the slight burn I get from Listernine! :(