December 22, 2014 | 1739 users online

Moisturizers - Ren - Omega 3 Nutrifying Facial Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mstatonb2

This is a great, very moisturizing serum, that also has some nice healing properties, at least for me. I think it's been repackaged, and is now called Omega 3 Overnight Lipid Renewal Serum, because the ingredients are the same I believe. It's expensive, but it also lasts a really long time. I apply it to any areas of my face that can be dry or sensitive every night or every other night, and it really noursishes my skin and makes it look healthy. I use it at night, with a night cream on top. I have sensitive skin, and it hasn't caused a single problem, and has even diminished some redness. Ren makes some seriously good products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Ammit

I've said no to buying this again and the reason why is because Weleda do rose facial oil caps, these are very practical, smell very gorgeous and do some seriously good things for my skin.

That aside this serum is very nice. Firstly, it's very runny so be careful, it is an oil most definitely. It's expensive for what it is and it doesn't do anything major for my skin.
Again it's a so so product and it's packaged nicely and hasn't caused me any problems.

I've given it a 4 because it's very moisturising and leaves my skin with a nice glow. It's hard to rate a drugstore serum against a luxury line to be honest and really for the price I should have given it less - but I like the product I just won't buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:25:00 AM More reviews by adama3

I tried this product after trying to find a substitute for the Sonya Dakar omega oil ( I think that one might be breaking me out.) I have sensitive, sl. dry skin. I found this product by REN to be very nice. It does not cause break-outs, is very calming and moisturizing. The only negative about it is it smells like corn oil to me. If I can't find a better smelling one, I may buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 9:08:00 AM More reviews by sitesister

Just to get my one complaint out of the way, I do not enjoy using this serum - there is nothing luxurious about the process - and I only do use it when my skin is in need of some loving. The reason for this is that it makes it feel slick with oil, which gets on my hair, and smells of fish I certainly wouldn't apply it when I've got company sleeping over! If my skin wasn't so often sensitised, dry yet oily, spotty and laclustre, then I would never use it but the proof really is in the pudding.
I apply one to two pumps at night (depending on how much nourishment my skin needs), maybe three times a week, and always wake up with skin that looks frankly glowing plumped, even toned and hydrated. It even seems to reduce spots and red patches.
I also sometimes apply this serum to my chest and hands, as it produces fabulous results in these areas too. I have a few faint stretch marks on my breasts, and they seem to be reduced, and the skin plumped out when I use this product.
Aside from the unpleasant application, I could not recommend this product more highly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Merryberry

This is really good. I used this when my skin became very dry. I also suffer from breakouts but this seemed to make the spots a lot better. The ones I had went away. I can't smell the fishy smell that everyone else was talking about. Strange. It made my skin very soft and smooth and it looked great. Had to stop using because of the price although a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this and loved it, so I bought the full size bottle. I have combo/acne skin and I massage 1-2 pumps of this on at night after cleansing. The texture does not really feel like a traditional serum, it feels like an runny oil. It can feel a bit strange putting something oily on acne skin, but don't let this put you off as this stuff is amazing - it really helped to calm and heal my skin, give it a glow and also keep blemishes at bay. I was always surprised when I woke up and looked in the mirror and saw how good my skin looked. I would agree with other users that it does have a slight fishy scent about it, but not so much that it is unpleasant. I recently finished my 50ml bottle after having it for just over a year, so at 32, it is very good value for money. Also, because the packaging is so well designed, the pump allows you to get at every last bit of product. I have had a lot of success with Ren products, it is a brand I keep coming back to and more importantly, trust to deliver what it says on the label. I always have something of Ren in my bathroom, which is rare for me as I cannot resist trying different brands.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Lovisa

I like this stuff. I've been using since January most nights and have found that it lasts a long time-and I usually apply two or more pumps of it to my face and neck. I have oily skin, so was concerned at first about applying something so oily, but it has seemed to have had the opposite effect-does not clog pores or cause me to break out, and usually I wake up with nice skin! A couple times a week I use tazorac 0.05 on my face for acne and photodamage, and I've definitely found this serum negates a lot of the drying effect of that product. I wouldn't say this is the greatest product ever-but I haven't found that yet-thinking of trying the Estee Lauder nightime serum...it's certainly well-hyped...but I think honestly if you want serious anti-aging, you have to see a dermatologist...so in terms of being a good serum I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by KatieBABY

Wow. I love that is not only 100% natural, but it gives my skin the hydration and glow that I long for. (I have pretty dry skin).

I have used both Sonya Dakar's Omega Repair Serum as well as Dr. Hauschka's normalizing oil and I must say, Ren has a fabulous product.

Of course, I am not a huge fan of the $60 price tag, but the product has a great concept, great ingredients, and it's what my skin needs--- so I am content.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Almondine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This serum is an odd fish. Sometimes Im dazzled by the radiance of my skin, sometimes its nothing more than wiping a viscose concoction on my face and hoping for the best. It works some nights and not others, despite all else being the same. It has an unusual smell not unpleasant, but it really does smell as if its part chemical, part natural, as the ingredients suggest. The packaging is top-notch.

I shant repurchase, as like all Ren products in Australia, it's outrageously priced. Far too expensive for a product that works inconsistently for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 11:15:00 AM More reviews by KimK84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG serum! I use it at night around 3 times a week. A little goes a long way which makes the price seem not so bad. My skin feels all 'glowy' the morning after applying this. It has also done wonders for some dry patches either side of my nose. It is important to apply moisturiser after this has sunk in.