July 29, 2014 | 1130 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Christina

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love NARS products, especially their lipsticks and lip stains. I have probably 10 in my makeup bag. I bought Christina, because it was a departure from my staple matte red lipstick. It's a nice colour, lots of pearl, but it is probably not my "wow" colour. I feel like this will be a great summer evening colour. Good staying power. Not sure if I would repurchase, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sexy,bronzy,glamorous,and long-wearing. Just beautiful. If you have deeper skintones,it'll look really beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful shimmery raspberry color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Nars' lipsticks are easily my favorite in my collection. Between Dolce Vita and Gypsy, I thought I needed nothing else, letting the rest of my lipsticks just collect cobwebs inside my train case. But on a search for a great fall (and eventually holiday) lip, I was intrigued by Christina; reviews from friends and fellow MUAers described it in vastly different ways, from copper to raspberry to red... but all mentioned brilliant golden shimmer. Neither the Sephora or Nars websites successfully display an accurate color swatch for this amazing color, but I must say that it most definitely is a raspberry with golden shine - at least on me. It brightens up my face, and it just feels sexy. It's like the love child of Cargo Val D'Or (a shimmering wine) and MAC O (copper/red/berry surprise). As it fades (which isn't for hours, even after eating) it fades evenly, leaving a hint of a stain. I am so in love with this lipstick it's ridiculous. Perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2006 11:57:00 PM More reviews by SouperGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! It brightens my face and makes my lips a focal point (in a good way). I didn't find it drying as others mentioned and it matches my taos blush perfectly. Nice! Update: I lost this lipstick and find that I don't miss it at all. I'm taking off a lippe but still recommend it if you feel like shelling out the cash for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It's so rich and has great staying power. Superb nightime look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2006 3:12:00 AM More reviews by hotelcalifornia

This is a wonderful red! Dark enough with just a bit of gold in it. Doesn't fade! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2006 6:35:00 AM More reviews by shannernanner

I first saw this lipstick on a "makeup look" page in a Sephora catalog, and I couldn't resist it (it's the same picture listed on the webpage here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/tt/index.jhtml?categoryId=C8683&tt=getLook ). The color shown there is kind of a brown-y gold, very pretty and somewhat similar to a lipstick I used to have and that suited my coloring very well. So I finally decided to spend the money on the lipstick ($22.50 plus shipping, as I don't have a Sephora around here) because that color was just so irresistible . . . but when I got it, I realized that it was a much lighter and brighter color, not brown at all and very, as it says, raspberry-gold. It's still very pretty, but not at all what it looks like in the picture. It is similar to the shade of the lipstick bullet, but I assumed since the model shown was said to be wearing just this lipstick, and only this lipstick, it would be a similar color to what she was wearing. No amount of layering would ever make it that shade. I do quite like/love it, though, don't get me wrong; the only other things that make me hesitate are that because it was so expensive, I tend not to wear it very often, and it's very, for lack of a better word, exuberant, so I tend to blot it, which makes it very matte, so then I (usually) apply gloss over it, which takes away some of the effect. I do love the tube, it's very attractive. And the shade does suit my coloring (I'm very fair and have dark hair and hazel eyes). Oh, and for whatever reason, this lipstick seems to always get on my teeth, moreso than others. Perhaps it's just me, but you might watch for that, lol. The reason I wouldn't buy it again? If I were to spend that much on a lipstick again (not usually the form of lip color I wear most anyway), I'd want it to be the shade I was expecting, and preferably one that could be worn either by itself (without having to tone it down) or more compatibly with a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2006 4:10:00 AM More reviews by puccinigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous, sheer red color with just the right amount of shimmer. I have pale lips so it's perfect for me. I wouldn't recommend it for women with naturally bright/reddish lip tones. My only complaint is that it's not hydrating enough (most Nars lipsticks aren't). Definitely use a touch of gloss or use a lipbalm before applying

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I think this lipstick is best for cool toned ladies, I'm a NC20 and this color just looked garish on me. It is a bright raspberry with golden shimmer. It's very cool and that's probably why it looked so bad on me.