October 24, 2014 | 1915 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Meiori

Okay so I do like this product, thus the high rating. Smell is awesome, has good ingrediants; Lush standards of making.
Price: I don't like how much it costs in comparison to it's benefits though. Really I'd say that there are lots of other facial scrubs that do what this does. Some other Lush products are unique in their benefits (ultrabland for example). Spend your money elsewhere on a facial scrub.
Use: I apply a tiny amount and use finger tips to scrub. Do this twice a week, no more or less.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Sereen13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently on my third pot of this cleanser and i ADORE! i could not live without this, I have normal skin with some breakouts now and again, but this product does exactly what it should. it gently exfoliates, removes dirt, brightens and leaves my skin looking and feeling clean and refreshed. It doesn't dry my skin out, so i don't have to use a lot of moisturizer.

It does get a bit messy when using it, and grains of the stuff can get into Ur eye from time to time, but just be careful. Hey, we cant have everything.

Either way, give it a try, you wont regret it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

You pinch a big-ish pea size amount of this and roll it into a ball. Add a few drops of water and squish until you get a milky paste; make sure you don't get any water in the pot! Then you proceed to apply this to your face without getting it everywhere! I do enjoy a good scrub and it's even better when you know this isn't going to strip your face dry. This leaves my skin soooo soft and that is why i liked this so much. I'm not sure if it improved the appearance of my skin but it definitely improved the texture. The smell of this isn't appealing but its all organic and so good for you!

I have currently moved on to Lush Herbalism cleanser - it's green and also leaves my skin super soft, apparently this give you a deeper clean and is more suited to people with acne - something which i don't have as the salesperson pointed out but i wanted to try it. Next on my list will be Let the Good Times Roll!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot even say how much I have adored this product in the past two weeks. Smells really good, clears up my skin, prevents breakouts and gently exfoliates! I couldn't ask for more in a cleanser.

I have seen such a nice change in my boring skin since using the lovely Angels on Bare Skin. My skin rarely gets break-outs and isn't overly sensitive on a regular basis, but still, AOBS helps give it that little "extra something" to look brighter, smoother, and more even-toned. I feel comfortable using this twice a day(AM/PM) and it only really exfoliates as much as you want it to when you cleanse. Just clean and soft skin left behind.

Having no soapy suds in my cleanser took me a while to get used to, but now I prefer it. I can feel the kaolin clay soaking up the excess oil without stripping my skin like harsher face soaps tend to do. It's very gentle.

I don't really care about the pot packaging everyone seems to hate. I mean, these are solid cleanser rolls, how would they work in a pump? I just wash and dry my hands before I pinch a piece of the cleanser roll off.

Plus it smells ah-mazing. Like soft, herbal lavender with a tiny bit of floral rose. It can be messy/crumbly even when water is added so don't go crazy with it everywhere or you'll have a problem. Love Lush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my second pot. The lavender smell is amazing. It eves out my skin and leaves it so soft. I use it every night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Sophieferreira

I have had acne for 7 years and it's terrible, now I have mostly scars and I needed something to treat them. I tried this product that was advised for me and not only did I see a difference in the scars (they were less visible) my whole face was glowing and looked balanced! It smells lovely too and it's a product that lasts a long time. After using angels on bare skin I use the Vanishing Cream which is also an amazing face moisturiser. I would advice for you to ask for a sample because all skin types are different and they're also very friendly at lush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

got this as a free sample. Doesn't seem to do much and is hard to spread as this cleanser is extra crumbly. Recommend aqua marina over this for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by glowinglightness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having sensitive, dry and oily skin (combo skin) is very hard to work with especially with so many products on the market that claim to reduce redness and soothe sensitive skin. I have to say, I've been sceptical to try ANY cleansers because I was afraid my skin would react badly to the ingredients. My early teenage years were horrible: My face was red as a button and it was so dry that sometimes I had to reapply my moisturiser; it was so bad that I couldn't even look directly in the eyes of people! From there on, I avoided any cleansers and always washed my face with cold water.

After realising I needed a basic skin care routine, I started to search for cleansers that was going to be beneficial to my skin rather than disappointing and harmful. I came across this little beauty after discovering that the brand only used natural ingredients and environmentally friendly which was a double bonus!

My first reaction was the packaging; it was cute and the size is 'travelling-friendly'. The lid can be a problem, sometimes it doesn't screw on properly but what you got to do is to press on it until you can hear the lid aligned/fitted. I didn't mind the scent, I found it to be very appeasing! It has that sort of 'fresh' smell with herb scents and lavender. The cleanser has a soft, play-dough kind of consistency: Take a pinch of it and add drops of water then knead it into a paste then apply it on to the face. I recommend not adding too much water or the mixture will become too runny to apply and not enough to cleanse/exfoliate the skin. I rub it directly on the face for a minute, letting the mixture sink and work its magic. The application is rather easy however, some of the mixture falls into the skin.

The end result is almost perfect! Your skin is glowing and so soft and subtle; I've never felt my skin so delicate and smooth! It is so easy to apply your moisturiser, it practically glides on and immediately sinks into the skin. Even with the moisturiser you can still feel the freshness and softness. After a while, I noticed that my skin eventually got oily. In the mirror, I can see the shine when I turn my head especially on the nose. I will probably still purchase this again but I would want to try different Lush cleansers.

ADVANTAGES
- Leaves skin feeling fresh, soft and smooth!
- Easy to apply moisturiser/makeup (glides onto the skin!)
- Natural ingredients, will not harm the skin (even if you have sensitive skin)
- Quickly gets rid of pimples
- Skin isn't red, leaves the skin without any pimples: It just looks bare!

DISADVANTAGES
- Crumbs of the cleanser falls when applying
- Didn't remove blackheads (Probably because of my oily nose)
- The cleanser only lasts for three months, I recommend only buying the smaller size
- After continual usage and combination of my moisturiser, it left my skin oily
- Price is $16.95 for 100g in Australia (doesn't really bother me but it may bother others)

TIP: Use a spoon/spatula to scoop out the cleanser, I've heard that the moisture (water) will bother the cleanser and eventually, it might break down faster. If you don't have a mini scooper/spatula/spoon remember to ALWAYS wash your hands and dry them prior applying!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First impressions review: i have combination skin and was using dermalogica and clairns products. I use to get break outs deep on my chin, Had uneven skin tone and dry patches as well as oiliness sometimes, yeah a bit of a mess! I decided that my current regime wasnt working for me so i threw out everything and headed to lush. I had heard about angles on bare skin after a bit of research and bought 100g for $16.95 (australia) the girl at lush was super helpful and after trying it on the back of my right hand followed by the low fat moisturiser, and comparing that to my left hand, the difference was amazing. It was like the light had changed and was more flattering on the right hand, it looked alive, plump, it had a glow, a sort of healthy tan to it. My left hand looked grey, dull and cold! Just seeing that difference on my hand i knew i had to try it on my face and hope for the same results! The first 3 days i developed small white head pimples all over my face (very unusual) but my skin actually looked good and felt hydrated. After 3 days the pimples went away and i havent had a break out sincr so i think it was perhaps my skin detoxing and getting use to the change in products. I'm very happy using this cleanser and the girl said the pot should last 2-3 months so its not bad value for money!! I recommend trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by audreydee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using this for years, I felt compelled to write this review due to a recent "loved and lost" experience I had. After using and loving this product for nearly four years, I moved countries and was a bit tight with money. I couldn't justify the cost to myself, and was seduced by 1 products from the pound shop that claimed to be soothing for sensitive skin.

Over the next eight months, I began to have the worst skin in my adult life. My skin became even drier, and I began to breakout in white heads and proper acne spots, mostly around my jaw line. I chalked it down to my new house having "bad water" (whatever that means), and accepted my fate.

Two weeks ago, I felt like treating myself and spent the 6.40 to get Angels on Bare Skin, as I was out of my 1 product and really enjoy the smell of Angels, which is soothingly lavender. After three days, I was blown away. My dry patches around my nose had already gone, my skin was less oily, and I had no new spots. My existing spots had already begun to fade. Today my skin is almost entirely clear, and my skin feels smooth and even. Even the redness has begun to fade.

Why did I ever leave?? I'm not sure, but now I know I never will again.