April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Masks - Got 2 Be - In Your Face Pure Intent Clay Masque

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best mask ever! I was so delighted to see how well it works - and how cheap it is!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by JediEmpressMel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This masque is a clay one, similar to the QH Mint Julep one that I normally use.
However, I like this masque better due to the creamy smooth consistency it has. It spreads out easier, and is softer feeling. The package is alright, but I imagine that it would get harder to use as the product amount goes down. They really should just make a pump for it or something.
It clears my skin fairly well. Generally I use these masques after exfoliating with apricot scrub. It does tingle a little bit, but my skin is not sensitive.
The thing I can't really stand about this one is the scent. They made it smell like mens drugstore cologne or deodorant. Even after I wash the mask off, my skin retains the scent all day long.
It would be fine on a guy, but I don't want to smell like one myself!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by SandraBonita

I have to say for the price, (especially if you get a BOGO Free offer) this is a great product for $4. The reason I gave this mask a try was because I noticed that the main ingredients for this product was the EXACT main ingredients in the much more expensive Murad mask. It has avocado, kaolin clay, and rosemary. The packaging is much better than Queen Helene's Mint Julep and other masks. I like the fact that the packaging is done well and the product doesn't dry up like I've experienced with other masks twist off containers or tube containers. If you want an affordable drug store mask that is effective to clean your pores, then this is the product for you. I don't normally spend a lot of money on masks, and prefer to put my dollars towards anti-aging products, so I don't have a lot of experience with comparing it with higher-end masks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by gigglygal1o1

This was my first Got 2 Be mask purchase, and I was very impressed with it. This mask really detoxifies your skin and removes unwanted oil. I like to use this as a sort of spot mask on zits (but now I use the Got 2 Be MediMasque for that). When I don't use the spot mask method, I try to just use this on my T-zone because I have combo skin and this can dry out my cheeks too much. I have to warn those with sensitive skin, however, that this can burn/tingle a bit sometimes. Overall, I think that this mask is very beneficial and removes unwanted dirt and oil from the pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2006 6:53:00 PM More reviews by r2136178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mask! I think that it is so much better than the over-hyped Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask, which always left a gross and lingering sulfur smell on my face after use. This mask smells great, gets all of the oil out of my pores, leaves my skin feeling and looking great, and does not have any lingering odor issues after I clean it off of my face. The only thing that I do not like is the container, because it looks like it will be pretty difficult to get the last bit out of the hard plastic tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by risa_topas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a good not-too-expensive face mask since Freeman discontinued its old line years ago (why is it that their old stuff was so much better than their new stuff???). This is the best I've found, and it's pretty good. Definitely makes your skin toned and gives you a healthy glow. Be warned, it can start to feel uncomfortably tingly (ie: it burns). Would not recommend for sensitive skin. Also, find tube a little aggravating when it starts to run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ipathgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I bought this mask! I have tried numerous high end clay masks without any success. I was browsing through Shoppers in need of a new mask. I got the Got2Be peel mask, but after reading all the bad reviews when I got back, I returned it the next day and exchanged it for the clay mask! IT'S AMAZING!!! It's super cheap ($4 CDN) and you get a generous bottle. I was a little skeptical at first since if I remember correctly, Got2be is more known for their hair products.LOL. but anyway, I gave this mask a try and I was really impressed! I put a layer on my face after I've washed it, and leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. I'm left with clean, toned and clear skin! The pores on my face seem to have diminished and the over all clarity of my skin improved. It just feels like it's sucking all the bad stuff out and my skin feels totally decongested! Never irritated my skin or made it flaky. I use this mask about once a week, no more than twice. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ckizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I still love this--- but only with 3 aspirins melted into it. because then, it dries better, makes my skin look great, and also moisturizes. Alone, its not too appealing, and the benefits are indiscernable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 3:06:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off this product will last you a long time because a little goes a long way, BUT I will definitely repurchase once I finally run out. I prefer this mask over Queen Helene's. I found the QH mask to be too drying and it irritated my skin. But the Got2Be mask leaves my skin looking beautiful-- soft and clean-feeling. My pores appear to be tighter, too. I have oily (sometimes combination, blah) sensitive skin and this product hasn't caused any problems. I don't mind the smell, either. I agree it's kind of like aftershave but I think it's nice haha I must like aftershave. The mask is really low-price at around $3-$4 but I have also found it at Big Lots for $2. Not discontinuing it anytime soon I hope!!! I really like this mask!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

nothing amazing here. i feel like all clay masks work the same. it temporarily absorbs oil but does nothing to prevent more oil the next day or breakouts. no idea why everyone likes it so much! its been sitting on the bottom drawer of my bathroom forevvverrrrr and i only use it when i feel like using a cheap boring mask. oh and its like exactly the same as the queen helene one to me.