September 2, 2014 | 1784 users online

Pressed Powders - Tarte - Provocateur Mineral Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by peps123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder a lot. I prefer a pressed powder and I use this one to set my makeup. It gives me a finished look without ever being cakey or unnatural.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not an impressive powder. There are much better pressed powders out there. I've been using this as touch up throughout the day which serve it's purpose.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasnt so impressed by this powder. I got it in Medium, and its too dark brown in a grey cast sort of way. There is no yellow which to me I am quite taken aback since Tarte is notorious for being a company that caters to yellow skintones especially their foundations. The coverage is chalky and greyish cast makes my face look silvery. This is a no go. I like the packaging, very similar to Cargo cardboard but no, i wont be purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by murphy817

I used this for awhile and thought is was okay-okay meaning there are TONS of powders out there much cheaper w/ better results. I found that it caked up around my nose and forehead thoughout the day. Also, I remember looking in the rear view car mirror and saw that my face turned orange. I couldn't believe that this powder oxidized so much. As with many Tarte products, I wasn't a fan of the packaging of this powder. The purple fabric was odd.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the smaller sample size of this in the valve set and I'm a bit on the fence with this product. the sample size is just cardboard but I saw the packaging for the regular size and I do like it. Bulky isn't a problem to me cause I think it just looks unique and cute. In terms of the powder I got fair and it's not a bad match. I am ghost white but this didn't turn roange on me like it did for some others. I've only been using this for a week now and I like it because though sheer it has enough coverage to actually even out my skin tone and I don't need foundation with this(first time in 7 yrs without actaully). But the last few days I noticed within 4 hrs my skin was oily...For some people who have oily skin this is pretty good but for my with dry skin, It's not so great. I'm thinking this is possible because my foudantions before were possibly keeping me oiless but not sure why. Also i started to noticed recently that this primer isn't as matte as I'd like. It almost has a shimmer to it. Another reason why I'm not 100% possitive if I love this yet is, I think it MAY be breaking me out but nto sure. I ahve really sensitive skin. It's blotchy and has some blemishes but pretty clear of acne. Once in a while I'll get 1 or 2 on my chin but it usually dissapears after a day and usually appears after a day of bad eating. Recently I have some small acne popping up on my cheek, chin, and forehead. I haven't had a zit on my forehead for 4 yrs. I'm not sure if it is this though because when I got the value set I used all products at once so it could be any of them. The foundation, primer, or this.....not sure which....but right now I really like it because I don't need foundation. A bit pricey though $37 CAN for the full size product...==lll

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by clownsrus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on my third compact of this. It is quite exquisite. I hate covering my entire face with makeup, but I have some blemishes that need to be hidden from prying eyes.
I actually use this powder instead of a liquid or cream foundation and the coverage is amazing. If you can get over the weird packaging, you'll find a marvelous product that stays on all day and looks smooth and natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently received this item in a swap and am loving it! The powder is not too heavy or cakey and provides a decent amount of coverage. Best of all it prevents shine on my t-zone and stays on until I take it off! I love that it has spf and feels silky on my skin, and I personally like the packaging and don't find it too bulky at all. This is a fabulous powder, but I'm not sure that I would pay the full retail price of $28 to replace it when I run out. It's a bit over priced, I feel. Also, it's a small thing but I don't like the sponge that comes with it. It smells rubbery and that smells lingers on your face - I would recommend using a brush when possible. EDIT: This powder is becoming HG material for me. It controls shine all day, sets my makeup well, and makes my skin feel like velvet! It provides enough coverage that I am able to wear less foundation, or somedays just a concealer with it. I can't imagine life without it, so will try to swap for it again when I hit pan or just fork over the $28 for a new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the fact that it actually helps a shiny face, and sets makeup. Not only that, it has anti-aging properties and makeup looks bright and healthy. I didn't know at first that there was a sponge attached, so I was kinda bummed. But with the discovery, I am happy I can take this anywhere for touch ups. I am not really worried about bacteria in the sponge as I usually wash my sponges every 2-3 days. I have the beauty blender sponge cleanser that is the best cleanser ever! Really happy with the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kristen1423

Works great, esp for touch ups or to throw in your clutch for a night out. I love the smell of it! Doesnt feel cakey at all and a perfect foundation setter. The look of it isnt bad either...the purple case is super cute!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i used this last summer. weird leathery compact. the powder covered well and looked smooth on. over time the makeup became darker and darker and i was already tanned. i didnt want to look darker than my neck so it didn't work out.