Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 3/28/2013 11:40:00 AM

Worst shampoo I have ever used. I bought it w/ the mask of the same line and used up half the bottles until I realized that the allergic reaction I was having was from these 2 products. They are so harsch on my scalp, worse than the cheapest drug store brands. I switched to Redken after using Kerastase Reflection for years, just to try something new, what a bad idea. My hair was healthy w/ the Kerastase Reflection line and the Redken absolutely ruined it. I do not know why High End Salons use this... It have thick hair and now they are very thin and I have a bad dry scalp condition. The only thing from Redken that is OK is their anti-dandruff shampoo. Dozens of hairstylist and colorist have recommended it. It does works at actually healing (light condition, normal type) dandruff not just temporarily stopping it like most other brands. b/c my Salon uses Overall, Redken and being a canadian local product, I thought it would have the same quality as HE brands without the import duty/handling markup... I still cannot beleive that in Europe Redken is as expensive as Kerastase is here, I would never pay so high for something so mediocre. I bought mine 20$ on special before taxes, Kerastase is 34$ before taxes. This will be the last time I try to save a few bucks on shampoo! I should have stuck w/ Kerastase:-(

on 2/8/2013 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Since my red and purple hair fades more than any other colour (typical) I was on the lookout for a product that would at least help the colour stop fading quite so fast - sadly there's no magic shampoo that'll keep your hair bright forever.
I came across this product whilst scouring the internet for reviews and Redken's seemed promising. Costing around 11 from salons, this formula claims to protect against UV and fading whilst conditioning with cranberry oil and strengthening the hair. The first few times I used it I was skeptical - I had to use a lot of the expensive product to create a lather, no hint of cranberry and it didn't make my hair feel squeaky clean like most shampoos, but it didn't feel quite so straw-like and dry as most shampoos do either. I use it with Aussie's Colour Mate conditioner which helps to keep my hair soft without too much colour loss.
However over time my colour isn't as faded - instead of rushing to my hairdresser every 2-3 months for colour I could happily wait out 4 months or more until returning. I wash my hair 1-2 times a week - the reds in my hair are still quite bold 3 months later but of course not as much as the first few weeks after colouring. Like with most of my hair products I rotate this and use conditioning shampoos and treatments for the weeks leading up to my next colour appointment so my hair is in top condition before dyeing.
11 isn't cheap for shampoo and you do have to use a lot of product to create a decent lather, but the time test shows this does what it claims! I'd recommend this product to anyone with red or bright unnatural hair to make their colour last longer.

on 2/8/2013 2:18:00 AM

They changed the formulation on this a few years ago. Now the 'cranberry oil' is more predominant and is very smelly!!! Way too strong for my sensitive nose. It gives me migranes. The original formula I loved! Please get rid of that horrible smell, and I will buy again!

on 2/5/2013 6:58:00 PM

I literally just came onto makeupalley to review this. I have both this and the conditioner and let me tell you, they are awful. I purchased the litre sizes as well unfortunately... I purchased them because the colour my stylist uses is Redken Shades so I thought this would help keep my hair from fading as it states. It definitely doesn't help extend the colour at all. If anything, it makes my scalp itch like crazy, I've been getting really bad dandruff, it leaves a disgusting greasy film on my hair and it makes my hair frizz like crazy! For reference I have thick coarse wavy hair so maybe I should have picked something else, but all in all if you're looking for this to do as it says, it did not keep my hair colour any longer than any other shampoo has.

on 1/20/2013 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best shampoo I have used for my color treated hair. I'm a brunette and it definitely extends the life of my color. I have been going to the hair salon for touch ups less often over the last year since I began to use it. I love it because it smells delicious and it's sulfate free so it's super good for your hair.

on 1/10/2013 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have a lot of fine hair ans they are chemically treated.
I use semi-permanent hair colors and this is the shampoo I use to make the coloration last +/- 6 weeks. Looooove the smell. Can easily spent 2-3 days betweeen each shampoo. Look for the promo kit(shampoo + conditioner) during holliday period and save 30-40%

on 12/8/2012 10:47:00 PM

I just recently started using this shampoo after hearing about it for years. I am absolutely in love with it. it smells incredible, it leaves my hair very soft. The price is a bit steep, however I think it is completely worth it. this is your hair we're talking about, it's okay to splurge a little. I dye my hair black and the color fades pretty quickly this shampoo actually helps me keep the color a bit longer, which is great. I completely recommend it.

on 11/1/2012 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have always been a fan of Redken products. This is the worst line they've ever had. It made my scalp very itchy and gave me bumps. Horrible!!

on 8/13/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i like the shampoo but it dried out my hair

on 7/25/2012 1:18:00 PM

The worst from the Redken line in my opinion. I was using the Clear Moisture line but I started to dye my hair so I started using this. This gave me an allergic reaction which cause my eyes to get puffy. I stopped using both the shampoo and conditioner the a puffiness and itchiness on my eyes went away. And it doesn't smell good either.