October 25, 2014 | 865 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Radiant Red Anti-Fade Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by lilliebet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yikes! This did NOTHING for my hair color - I feel like I might as well have been using handsoap on my freshly colored red hair. That wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that it really does NOT get your hair clean. My cute short haircut has never been more lank or clumpy. Yes, clumpy! There have GOT to be better options out there. It is hard enough keeping red hair red, you don't need to look like a grease monkey too! I really like the Brilliant Brunette line so I thought this was a sure thing, but sadly, no.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too expensive for the product you're getting.

It did nothing to preserve my hair colour, smelled weird, and left my hair dry.

In Canada, this product sells for $13.99 - if i want cheap, from now on i'm sticking to Herbal essences colour me happy and hello hydration. Super cheap but a hell of a lot better than this nonesense.

Sorry john frieda, forgive me, i really still love your frizz ease serum even if most MUA'ers dont.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by rockkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a great shampoo. It does not preserve color the way it says. The cleansers are too harsh, in my opinion. Especially when it comes to red hair, the only shampoos that will really keep your color are sulfate-free ones. This stuff didn't keep my hair from fading at all, and I'm not a fan of the smell. It's cheap if you compare it to salon shampoos - $5 for an 8oz bottle. But considering it's not any better than your average drug store shampoo, I think it's over priced. If you are looking to keep your hair RED then a great sulfate-free shampoo is colorgen. Or try a color depositing shampoo like Quantum Reds. Both are available at Sally's and aren't too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MariannaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo did a good job of leaving my greasy hair very clean, full of bounce and body. It made my red streaks somewhat more prominent.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Schwanengesang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On my 3rd tube of this stuff. It doesn't keep my hair red any longer, and dries my hair out.
Smells terrible. I'm going back to .99 cent suave. I'm done with john frieda prodcuts. They are garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kellyson

I've been dying my hair red for a few months now and was looking for something to help with the fading. Unfortunately, this shampoo was NOT the answer. After about a week of use, I noticed my hair becoming very dry and brittle. I thought perhaps it was time for a haircut until I realized that this shampoo was the culprit. Once I switched back to my normal shampoo, the dryness went away. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sweepea82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a natural redhead, and I usually keep a glaze on my hair just because naturally, I'm strawberry blonde. And blonde isn't really my cup of tea. KMart had this on sale last week, and I picked up this and the conditioner.

I love the smell, I guess I'm weird. And my hair and scalp have done surprisingly well, with daily use. I like that it keeps my hair red without being overbearing. I'll most likely review this in another week, just to make sure that everything's kosher, as my hair and scalp have a tendency to be picky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 10:28:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I dyed my hair red and had been a dirty blonde underneath, so my stylist recommended I get an anti-fade shampoo for red-heads. I picked this up from a drugstore. The ingredients list ginger and strawberry, so you'd think this stuff would smell fruity...? No. It smells really perfumey. The smell is my least favorite thing about this product. I can't really decide if I hate the smell or not. Not exactly my cup of tea, though. I've used the stuff once, so I haven't really been able to note a difference in my hair yet.

EDIT: Oh lovely. Here's the difference in my hair: dry + FLAKEY SCALP. I want to apologize to my poor hair for this product. Definitely will NOT re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 2:39:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For reference, I have Black hair with BRIGHT RED ( I'm talking Nuclear REd here...) sections. I started off with Redken Color Extend, but my friend got me this and the conditioner for my birthday ( so thoughtful!). First off, it smells yummy! And the color of the shampoo itself is red so it feels like its actually giving back your hair the red you would loose while showering...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 8:05:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

There's no shampoo that would've kept the red in my highlights, so I'm not gonna knock it for that. Thank goodness the Tresemme hot oil treatment has locked in the color. This shampoo does marginally enhance the red, but my hair just doesn't feel clean and anywhere near moisturized enough, even used with the conditioner. I think I'm gonna stick to my salon stuff, particularly the Healthy Sexy Hair line for its clean nourishing moisture and use ARTec color depositing shampoo instead.