Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

on 11/4/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The scent is very typical of an admiringly elegant lady. I usually put this on when I go out at night, especially on special dates or parties, and I feel very sexy and elegant at the same time :)

on 11/2/2014 7:33:00 AM

This is my go to scent. I don't think i'll ever find one i will like more than this. It's sweet, but not childish. It's a very complex scent with different layers and the dry down is absolutely amazing. I own a lot of perfumes (about 30) and they all just sit there just because i keep going back to this. And i get headaches after a while from a lot of perfumes but not this one. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

on 10/24/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The first time I smelled it on a lady she was the nurse at my allergist. I asked," are you wearing Obsession?" I smelled the oriental instead of the Flower Bomb first. I liked it enough to invest in a 3.4 oz bottle. I got it from Saks they had a nice bonus with it. I should say more about the scent! I live where I don't have many options except online. Ulta doesn't carry it. The reason I was willing to buy such a big bottle is I don't want to feel skimpy about using it. The biggest bottle of fragrance I've ever gotten was Chanel no5 eau premiere it's 5 full oz! I would try it if you never have it is what the kids are wearing!

on 10/21/2014 8:04:00 PM

So I got a 7ml sample with my Sephora points and wow, I am in love.

It's marketed as an oriental perfume and yes, I do think that this is more oriental than floral. At first, there is a lot of floral scents in the top notes but they aren't like overly girly. The scent that remains with you for the day is more musky and sophisticated. I personally don't like overly floral scents anyway beause I find them a bit annoying for some reason.

Maybe I'll ask for a full-size for my birthday or something. <3

on 10/19/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This decent is perfect! Its a very sweet scent. I would say this could be worn everyday- day or night. I received so many compliments from this perfume!

on 10/16/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is so complex and different from most fragrances. It has quickly become a favorite. This mixed with my personal chemistry is only rivaled by how well Fredrick’s Of Hollywood Signature and Aqualina’s Gold Sugar play out. I have that type of chemistry that does better with heavier fragrances and not so well with “clean” ones.

Flowerbomb to me sounds like a huge bouquet of flowers, which I avoided for years because of the name unfortunately. This is by far nothing strictly floral. It a great mix of floral and heavier patchouli. I normally detest patchouli, but not in this.

Top notes are bergamot, tea, and osmanthus. The middle notes are African Orange Flower, Jasmine, rose, orchid, and freesia. The base of this fragrance is musk and patchouli. I mostly smell rose, orchids, musk, a little patchouli (almost like it’s just enhancing the musk), slight tea, and barely a note of bergamot. It just dries down to a very warm floral that is so intoxicating and sexy.

on 10/11/2014 8:14:00 AM

Got this as a gift for Christmas, but was flabbergasted when I checked up the normal retail price. Scent is quite "in your face", great for a confident, chic woman. For an EDT, the sillage and lasting power is fantastic - It is the Bomb. Though my body system may be a factor, a spray on the wrist lasts very strongly on me for 2 days (prevailing even after a shower). The smell only dissipates completely after a good week. Some may like it, but it is really TOO strong for me - actually kind of irritates my eyes and nose when it is freshly sprayed. One thing I wish is that the pump was flexible such that you can control the amount that comes out of the bottle. However, I'm not going to complain too much since I didn't have to pay a dime. Design of the bottle is very very gorgeous and very very expensive looking. Although pink is by no means close to my favourite colour, I must admit it looks very fabulous on the dresser.

on 10/3/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Thick, syrupy sweet, cotton candy-ish gourmand. A slightly more mature, grown-up Pink Sugar. I've owned Flowerbomb for years but have barely made a dent -- I just can't wear it -- or several of its clones (and there are many!).

I think Flowerbomb has been the #1 best-seller (or close to it) at Sephora for a long time now -- it's been a huge commercial success -- which has led to a lot of copycats.

The notes listed are florals and patchouli, but all I smell is a *very* sweet gourmand. It's just too thickly concentratedly sweet for me. I agree with the former reviewer who said "Candybomb" or "Sugarbomb" would have been more accurate names.

If you watch YouTube "perfume collection" videos (or "Top 10" or "Top 5"), usually made by teens-20s women, Flowerbomb is generally among their top favorites (along with Viva La Juicy, Coco Mlle, the Chance trio, MJ Daisy, Chloe EDP, and a bunch of celeb scents).

The grenade bottle is cute, but unfortunately, Flowerbomb is quite expensive -- too expensive for the nature of the scent, in my humble opinion -- especially for a perfume with such a young following.

on 9/1/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Great scent. Only downfall the staying power is average. Fades about halfway through the day.

on 8/12/2014 11:39:00 PM

At first I really didn't like this scent because it smelled like a generic floral perfume, but it gradually grew on me. As I get older, I feel my sensitivity to fragrance increases, so the rollerball version of this is perfect for me. Just a few dabs around the décolletage and I'm good to go. Rollerball praise aside, this particular fragrance is quite floral and feminine but it is has an edge to it that isn't so simply sweet. The name of the perfume is quite apt because it speaks to a juxtaposition of soft and strong that is modern but still feminine. I could wax poetic about this dualism, but at the end of the day, my words are lame next to the actual olfactory sensation, so go smell it at Sephora! You just may be won over by this understandably popular scent.