August 28, 2014 | 1448 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I love how it spreads so easily, stays on until I remove it, works excellent as eyeshadow primer. The only problem I have with it is the color range. I got NC assuming I need yellow to conceal blue circles, however that needs correcting in the end unless you want to look like a white panda. NW25 was white and not really noticeable, NW30 far too red - turning my blue circles purple lol.

One important thing I had noticed - although it never creased on me, my wrinkles increased over time to about a half an inch after using this product like spiderweb!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I suffer from dark undereye circles and popped quickly into MAC to pick up a new concealer (I'm C7, NW35). I would not have gone for this product of my own volition. I usually opt for a much thicker concealer in a squeeze tube since I need some serious coverage. The SA applied it on me and I loved the glowy finish. I usually opt for a super matte face but because this product is so moisturizing, it yields a very slight sheen that opens up the eye area and brightens the face beautifully. I am not crazy about the doe foot applicator, but I understand it. The formula is too thin to come in a tube and the doe foot allows for better control. I dot it under my eyes and blend with my ring finger. The result effectively hides my dark circles but in the most natural glowy way possible. Not HG status for me because I would prefer something with heavier coverage.

EDIT 8.25.13 Took one star off. While I love the light finish of this concealer, it really doesn't hide my undereye circles the way I want it to. I recommend this product to someone looking to conceal slight discoloration, not blemishes, dark circles, or anything really serious.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by mdsmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this as it's one of the few concealers which doesn't contain a chemical sunscreen, most of which I'm allergic to, but I wish I'd had chance to return this within the 2 weeks allowed! What little cover it offers to begin with fades to almost nothing within an hour.

The assistant decided I was NW20 (NW15 looked ghostly under artificial lights) but this looks a bit dark & orange after a while. As I've never used MAC before I don't know if it's just this product which is the problem or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Ummie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought Select Moisturecover in NW25 during one of my recent trips, which is prefect for my skintone, However, provides just OK coverage. I use it with Mac concealer brush. Not thick enough to cover dark circles well. If you have dry or dehydrated skin, this is for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by productobsess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After watching YouTube tutorials and being generally obsessed with contouring I had to try this concealer! I applied this with a beauty blender and it looked good at first but over the course of the day it got dry and patchy in areas and caused my eyeliner and mascara to run. It reminds me of touché éclat... The coverage is average, you definitely need to layer it up under the eye area and set with powder, I used Laura Mercier secret brightening powder. I much prefer the Mac Pro Longwear concealer, the coverage is much better and you don't need as much product. . I am an NW20 in both, I'd say the shade is warmer in the moisture cover concealer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this concealer. I use this under my eyes to cover up my dark circles. It has nice creamy consistency and a thin texture which I think is ideal for an under eye concealer. I am NC30-NC35 and I use NW20. This shade really helps brighten up my face which I look for in an under eye concealer. It does slightly crease and sink into my fine lines around the 1 hour mark if I don't set it. However, all concealers crease and/or sink into my fine lines if I don't set it. I use Laura Mercier loose setting powder to set it and it does not crease or sink into my fine lines for a good 8 hours. The packaging is very practical. However, I wish it had a plastic stopper thingy like lipglasses do to help with excess product gunking around the cap. I think it is decently priced at $18 so I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jmarshtomp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess it's my fault for purchasing something too dark for me (it'll probably be fine in the summer, though), but this does not cover ANYTHING and looks weird on my skin (besides the mismatched color). I will try to return it, but I don't think I can get to my Macy's anytime soon, so if I can't, I'll just have to try it again in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Provides OK coverage. Packaging leaves a lot of wastage. Not thick enough to cover dark circles well. Good for dry or dehydrated skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not very impressed. It should be good because it is pricey enough. It was rubbish. It had shockinly little coverage considering it is concealer. It is so hard to rub in. I actually peals off after a while. I saw no difference at all when I put it on one eye and not the other. I asked a few people which eye they could see concealer under and no on knew. It is not because I didn't put enough on either. Don't waste your money on this. There are much better concealers in drugstores for much less a price. Mine only ended up in the bin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Lillibell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my safety net <3
I do love this concealer. It's light (NC15), it's creamy and it's hydrating. The only concealer I've brought again, the only one that doesn't settle into my lines and the only one that goes on well with my foundation.
But the reason why I LOVE this so much is because it gives me confidence. My dark circles make me feel pretty crappy about myself sometimes, I won't ever be able to conceal them 100% because they're with me for life. But this concealer is my savior AND lasts me ages so I don't need to buy it a lot.
I like the doe-foot, makes it easy to apply where you need it, only thing I dislike is the packaging. It makes it difficult to use all the product, and it goes a bit orangy after about 3 months... But I think that's just because it lasts a long time and you should probably get a new concealer after that anyway!
xox