October 2, 2014 | 1461 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first MAC face product purchase and I'm just now finishing it. This is not a high coverage concealer- barely medium in fact. That is not the point of course... having dry skin, I love that this did not emphasize my dry patches as so many concealers do. However... it settles into under eye lines big time. The longevity is also nothing to write home about... wouldn't last beyond a few hours unless I powdered, which in turn would take away any moisturizing effect.
So, I'm not sure who I would recommend this concealer to unless you're someone who doesn't have much to conceal in the first place.
Many drugstore concealers are equal if not superior quality in coverage and longevity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is my first high end concealer purchase. I used miscellaneous drug store brands with minimal coverage before this, never really getting a flawless finish. I finally got frustrated enough to pay $18 for the 0.17 oz Select Moisturizer concealer in NW15. It is slightly lighter than my actual face coverage, which suits to brighten my under eyes. I tap the doe foot applicator under my eyes and on pimples. It is not heavy at all, but it gives me medium coverage. It looks natural and is very hydrating.

I don't really have wrinkles or dark circles. But I can say that the coverage on pimples or blemishes is better than most drugstore brands. It is not full coverage like some heavy duty paste high end concealers. It lasts for about 2-3 hrs without primer, 6-8 hrs with primer. If you set it, it will stay in place better. It looks really natural and has pink undertones (perfect for my skin tone).

I think that this is a good concealer, but not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lexielovesmakeup95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pretty good concealer. I have to REALLY pack it on and spend a lot of time with it for it to completely cover my undereye circles (my undereye circles are about as bad as it gets, it looks like I've been punched in the face), but I like it and so far it has worked almost the best (MUFE HD concealer might have been a little better) out of everything I've tried at covering my undereye circles without looking cakey. That's something I really like about this concealer, it doesn't look cakey. Its moisturizing and really good for the under eye area. But one thing I don't like about it is it does crease which sucks, but I haven't tried using it over a primer yet (i'll probs update this review when I have). This concealer is also pretty good at covering acne but not awesome.

So, I like this stuff but I don't love it. I'm on my second tube of this stuff but when i'm done with it I think I'm going to try something else, I still haven't found a really awesome HG concealer that I love.

But like keep in mind I'm kinda picky with concealers, I don't like them to look even a little bit cakey and my undereye circles need much more coverage than most people, so yeah. Oh and another thing this stuff doesn't work well as a primer. You can use some concealers as an eyeshadow primer too but not this one or your eyeshadow will crease after a few hours.

So anyways, this stuff is pretty good and the price actually isn't bad for a high-end concealer (a lot of high-end concealers are like $30 and this is somewhere around $18), but its not awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I love how it spreads so easily, stays on until I remove it, works excellent as eyeshadow primer. The only problem I have with it is the color range. I got NC assuming I need yellow to conceal blue circles, however that needs correcting in the end unless you want to look like a white panda. NW25 was white and not really noticeable, NW30 far too red - turning my blue circles purple lol.

One important thing I had noticed - although it never creased on me, my wrinkles increased over time to about a half an inch after using this product like spiderweb!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I suffer from dark undereye circles and popped quickly into MAC to pick up a new concealer (I'm C7, NW35). I would not have gone for this product of my own volition. I usually opt for a much thicker concealer in a squeeze tube since I need some serious coverage. The SA applied it on me and I loved the glowy finish. I usually opt for a super matte face but because this product is so moisturizing, it yields a very slight sheen that opens up the eye area and brightens the face beautifully. I am not crazy about the doe foot applicator, but I understand it. The formula is too thin to come in a tube and the doe foot allows for better control. I dot it under my eyes and blend with my ring finger. The result effectively hides my dark circles but in the most natural glowy way possible. Not HG status for me because I would prefer something with heavier coverage.

EDIT 8.25.13 Took one star off. While I love the light finish of this concealer, it really doesn't hide my undereye circles the way I want it to. I recommend this product to someone looking to conceal slight discoloration, not blemishes, dark circles, or anything really serious.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by mdsmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this as it's one of the few concealers which doesn't contain a chemical sunscreen, most of which I'm allergic to, but I wish I'd had chance to return this within the 2 weeks allowed! What little cover it offers to begin with fades to almost nothing within an hour.

The assistant decided I was NW20 (NW15 looked ghostly under artificial lights) but this looks a bit dark & orange after a while. As I've never used MAC before I don't know if it's just this product which is the problem or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Ummie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought Select Moisturecover in NW25 during one of my recent trips, which is prefect for my skintone, However, provides just OK coverage. I use it with Mac concealer brush. Not thick enough to cover dark circles well. If you have dry or dehydrated skin, this is for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by productobsess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After watching YouTube tutorials and being generally obsessed with contouring I had to try this concealer! I applied this with a beauty blender and it looked good at first but over the course of the day it got dry and patchy in areas and caused my eyeliner and mascara to run. It reminds me of touché éclat... The coverage is average, you definitely need to layer it up under the eye area and set with powder, I used Laura Mercier secret brightening powder. I much prefer the Mac Pro Longwear concealer, the coverage is much better and you don't need as much product. . I am an NW20 in both, I'd say the shade is warmer in the moisture cover concealer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this concealer. I use this under my eyes to cover up my dark circles. It has nice creamy consistency and a thin texture which I think is ideal for an under eye concealer. I am NC30-NC35 and I use NW20. This shade really helps brighten up my face which I look for in an under eye concealer. It does slightly crease and sink into my fine lines around the 1 hour mark if I don't set it. However, all concealers crease and/or sink into my fine lines if I don't set it. I use Laura Mercier loose setting powder to set it and it does not crease or sink into my fine lines for a good 8 hours. The packaging is very practical. However, I wish it had a plastic stopper thingy like lipglasses do to help with excess product gunking around the cap. I think it is decently priced at $18 so I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jmarshtomp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess it's my fault for purchasing something too dark for me (it'll probably be fine in the summer, though), but this does not cover ANYTHING and looks weird on my skin (besides the mismatched color). I will try to return it, but I don't think I can get to my Macy's anytime soon, so if I can't, I'll just have to try it again in the summer.