December 21, 2014 | 1542 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by CairiS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got my shimmer brick last year in a limited edition offer. First the SA was rubbish, really giving the impression he was not wanting to be there and not wanting to tell me about any of the products, but the offer seemed so good I couldn't pass it up. The shimmer brick was far too dark for my fair skin (bronze, beige and brown colours) but the reason it gets 3 lippies is it makes the perfect smokey eye for me. As a blush/bronzer I will never use this product but as an eyeshadow palette it is perfect and I use it over and over again. I wouldn't re-purchase this particular shade but I am tempted to buy a lighter pink colour to test it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Junebug85

I have the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in the colour "Nectar". It has different shades of red/pink/peach and 1 shimmery beige colour, i use it as a blush daily, all you do is use a blush brush, swirl it around your compact to get a combination of all light and darker shades, and apply to apples of cheeks. I really like this blush because it gives you a natural glow, not too dark, not too light, not too shimmery and i love all the sweet colours that its made up of. Its versatile, you can also use it as eyeshadow, so its very good value for money as it not only has one shade but you've got a few which you can mix and match with. Packaging is really good, its a hard case, very easy to open and store, and just the right size for me to carry around in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great face highlighter. I use the color palette "pink" It's very subtle and goes on smooth. The colors range from pink to pale cream. I sometimes use the darker pink color as a blush too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by feelishbot

Amazing, crease-proof eyeshadows. I have one brick in Pink Quartz and another in Pink Oyster (only available in Asia, similar to Pink Quartz but more brown). Overall, I find them too sparkly to use as cheek highlighters except at night, but the individual stripes are great as everyday eyeshadows. The lighest shade (pearly off-white) works for lining the waterline and inner corners for awake-looking eyes. The second lightest shade makes a perfect all-over wash that doesn't crease at all even without primer. Sometimes I apply the darkest color as eyeliner with a wet brush for a shimmery neutral eye that works for daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by daisybu

I have one of BB bronze shimmer bricks, and its one product that I use most often when I wear make up. The different strips of colour can also be used as individual eye shadows as well, so its very convenient for when I go on holiday, I can just take the shimmer brick and I have my everyday palette.

The price for what it is, is well worth it. Im not sure how much I bought it for but it was just a bit cheaper than what it is priced on their website now. I would definitely re-purchase this product again, I originally wanted to purchase the different colour shimmer bricks... which I may in the future.

Overall, I love this product. I love Bobbi Brown!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by pcjo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First time I applied this Rose Quartz with the BB blender brush and the results were ghastly....too much shimmer. I put it aside and a few weeks later I took it out again and used a MAC "skunk" brush (a fain brush would probably work also) and applied it with a light hand. It is fabulous over my cheek gel!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by valenpeterns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mom got this for me in nectar. She said the pink one was too glittery & the beige was too neutral so she picked this cause it was more a sheen. I have it and i use it on my cheekbones. it's very beautiful and professional looking. I'm happy with it, and it last forever...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Summer Shimmerbrick set from Nordstrom for $80. It came with the Shimmer Brick, Face Blender Blush, Black Ink Gel Eyeliner, Eye Appicator, Extreme Party Mascara, Lip Gloss and Lipstick. Since I wanted to try it, I figured, why not?

I use this shimmer brick mostly as a multi-use eyeshadow. It is like 5 colors in one that blend very very well. Some of the warmer colors I use softly for day, or if I want to add pop I blend differently. I can also use it to highlight my face, but its rare that I do that. I am a woman of color, Bobbi Brown 6/6.5, Nars Toffee, Mac C7/NW43 and these shimmer bricks are great for those who are thinking of playing with eyeshadow and don't know where to start. While I could, I probably wouldn't use it as a blush, but I like it for a shadow and highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colors are really beautiful. I found them too shimmery in combination (which was pretty disappointing), so I've been using them as individual eye shadows. That is, until they all crumbled and fell out of the compact. I'm pretty delicate with all my products so I definitely think this is the fault of the packaging, and is the reason why I wouldn't repurchase. Lovely big mirror though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by christina001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are crazy amazing. I reviewed Beige and Nectar separately, too - these give the most subtle glow when swiped only once (I use the BB Bronzer brush, it is big but I swipe it only on top of the cheekbone, and it works perfectly - smaller highlighter brushes work well, too), and can be intensified for the evening.

I wore nectar for my wedding day - photographs in a lovely way. gives a subtle glow, nothing glittery. I like Beige even better, which promises candlelight glow and really delivers. Am in love, simply put!

P.s. I never use this heavily layered - on its own, but 1 to a max. of 3 swipes, this is a use I rarely do, though. Mostly I combine them with bronzer as a blush or contour, or with regular blush (for evenings bronzer+blush+shimmerbrick), on top of the cheekbone only. The BB mua said this could be used to spice up a dull blush on top, too, but I have not used it this way. Anyways based on some reviews who say their cheeks look muddy when they apply too much - I think this really shines when used as an extra to some other colour on the cheek - or solo, but sparingly used!