November 25, 2014 | 1862 users online

Lipstick - Boots - No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by pearlo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the perfect lipstick for gloss-lovers. I have found it to be very moisturising and comfortable to wear, plus the slight sheen is very flattering (matte lipsticks make me look cadaverous). Good selection of shades, too - so far, I've picked up Starshell (inexplicably swatched as a horrendous mustard yellow on the Boots website, it's actually the perfect 'my lips but better' shade), Red Carpet (highly pigmented berry red), Coral Dream (gorgeous shimmery peach) and Paradise (a lovely neutral pink, but didn't really suit me). I'm thinking of going back for Cameo, Chic and Perfection.

The packaging is nothing special - does the job, but no bells or whistles. The price has crept up over the last couple of years but I think the price is still just about reasonable for such a good quality product. Boots (in the UK, at least) often does '5 off' promotions on the No7 line, so it's worth looking out for those and getting your lipstick half-price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by AokiJ

WOW, this lipstick is the bomb!.
I brought the moisture drench lipstick in shade starshell, A Beautiful coral peachy nude pink, I really dislike lipsticks, but i try to buy some to see if i can convert myself from balms and glosses. And well, this has converted me. I am a huge fan of this lippie, because it does what its suppose to do, Give high pigment colour and moisture without drying out the lips, The Case, Is beautiful! sophisticated! but that is what one suspects for no7 products. The colour lasts for hours, but the moistness doesn't. But it still doesn't dry out the lips, Fills in my 'lip cracks' which are rather unattractive especially as most lipsticks just make them look more hideous.
i don't wear lip liner, because i could easily go over board, and i really don't like it, but still. this lipstick evens out my lips with colour, doesn't smudge, and its very hard to make a mistake too!
Love this Lipstick, and i am defiantly a no7 fan for lipstick too now!.
The price is around 9.50 excluding special offers, It seriously beats MAC, the quality is unbeatable. sorry mac :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lisse07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do like a lot of the Boots No 7 range of make up, the packaging is always pretty smart and looks good, and the products themselves don't let me down that often.

I got this lipstick in a free make up bag with various other products that were mainly trial sized when I bought some foundation and a kohl pencil for spending over 18. The make up bag is gorgeous, pink and flowery it opens like a case with a metal clasp and contains a mirror on the inside, and I liked trying out the samples inside. I find No 7 is great for their offers like this.

To be honest I don't buy lipstick often at all, in fact I think this is the first one I've owned in years! I have quite small, thin lips so prefer a gloss as it draws attention to them that bit more, plus I am useless with a lip pencil so find going to all that effort for a lipstick pointless.

I was rather shocked to find that the price for this lipstick on the website is 9.30 - I'd never normally spend this one a lipstick, which is probably why they always disapoint me but I know I wouldn't use it very often so feel there's no point. However what a great freebie!

The colour I have it in is Plum Beautiful, it looks like the picture they've used for these reviews actually. I don't recommend their website colours though as it doesn't look a thing like it! It comes in the current black and gold tube as seen in this picture, the black is sleek and shiny and looks very classy as I generally find No 7 products do.

It's called 'Moisture Drench' so part of the point is to keep your lips moisturised and not dried out like some lip products do (my usual complaint about lipstick admittedly). So I figured I'd give it a fair go, the colour is not quite what I'd chose for myself, it's a bit dark for me to use with daytime make up, and not as glam as I'd normally go for evening make up.

Major good points is that it doesn't bleed, so no need for me to clumsily draw my lips and get frustrated with it, it does last quite a while, your lips feel softer with it on and you can forget all about it as it doesn't dry out and leave you feel all cracked and dry when you open your mouth to talk.

So yes, I am impressed, but still feeling a little bit 'eeek' over the pricetag! I've used it a fair few times now, although still not as often as I use lipglosses which I think is mainly down to the colour not being something I'd go for. I am very tempted to buy one in another colour but I am going to wait until I get a 5 off voucher off No 7 products before I do as although it works well and is good quality I just can't justify almost a tenner on a lipstick I won't use very often.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by milou

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free gift. I was not really expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. This is a lovely shade of pinky-brown, that is just right for my olive skin. It is slightly opalescent ( I don't like a lot of shine) and it feels very confortable and moisturising. I am a true lipstick girl and I have dozens , I am ashamed to say. I think this one is a really good all-rounder, in terms of colour, moisture and staying power. Not exceptional but pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ClariceD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

In texture, Moisture Drench Lipstick easily competes with higher end rivals. It's a happy marriage of the emollience of a moisturising lippy with the firmness and durability of a long-wear product. Feels comfortable - non-greasy but equally non-drying - and actually leaves my lips smooth after wearing. The ingredients list contains cholesterol and ceramides, usually the preserve of more expensive products or those especially designed to rebuild the skin barrier. "Moisture Drench" is an overstatement but if like me you have dry lips it shouldn't highlight or worsen them.

The colour range could be more imaginative, but should cater for most if not all skintones. Shades are mostly variations on subtle, everyday colours for different complexions. The few casualties are those that stray too far from this agenda. There are two main finishes, one slightly pearlescent and the other more matte, though creamy. I own #60 Chic, one of the matte variety. I'm pale (~NW15) but my lips are strongly pigmented and this shade is pretty much my definitive nude. Rosy pink meets caramel brown, plenty of depth. YBB on me but would look polished and striking on someone with a paler natural lip colour. (#35 Paradise is similar but more sheer and contains shimmer). Chic looks fleshy and fulsome on, even when blotted down and worn as a stain. Lovely alone or with gloss, great for everyday or for just a touch of definition to balance heavier eye make-up. So far, so faultless.

INGREDIENTS (source: cosmeticsdatabase.com): Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil; Ethylhexyl Palmitate; Polyethylene; Octyldodecanol; Lanolin; Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax); Polybutene; Polydecene; Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil; Lecithin; Tocopheryl Acetate; Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter); Cholesterol; Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil; Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil; Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil); Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate; Panthenol; C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters; Silica; Retinyl Palmitate; Dunaliella Salina Extract; BHT; Ceramide 3; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract; Tocopherol; Butylparaben; [+/- (May Contain) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake); CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide); CI 77491 (Iron Oxides); CI 77499 (Iron Oxides); CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake); CI 15850 (Red 6); CI 75470 (Carmine)]. 9.50, at most branches of Boots.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by mszdannuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE Boots lipstick! They're so good and the colors are lovely, so I had a hard time just choosing one. Just got this lipstick in the shade "Divine," which is a Pinky nude color. Just by looking at it, I would say it looks like a similar color to NYX's Thalia, but on my lips they both look different. This lipstick is moisturizing and the application is not so matte that a little bit of my natural lip color shows through. I was kind of hesitant at first because it costed $10 @ Target, but it's good quality and well worth the price. I'm definitely buying this again when I run out and I'm going to try the other formulas and shades soon as well. I love this lipstick! **Continue over for pictures.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by M3

I purchased this in 05 Divine. It's a light natural pink. I like it a lot. Haven't purchased lipstick in years but this was worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Faithersk

I bought this at Target in the color "Chic" and it's a perfect pinky-nude (more pink than nude) on my pigmented lips. It is creamy and smooth, but doesn't smear all over may face and I like that I can rub it in/ blot down to a nice stain that lasts a few hours w/out needing to be touched up. I wish the case were a little prettier....especially for a $10 drug store lippie. I will repurchase if it's not DC by the time I finish the tube I have. I hate that....it seems like the lippies I love the most are impossible to find when I need a new one. Oh, well... =)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by glitterbugpanda

I currently own this in 'Dare Devil' & 'Silk' and love them both, although 'Dare Devil' gets used more often, it's a beautiful, perfect red!
I found the lipstick to be quite moisturising, as it should be, but I do find I need to reapply it quite often, but that is a draw back of having such a moisturising product I guess!
The consistancy is lovely and glides on no trouble and it is not too gloss, not too matt.
Compared to other No7 lipsticks I have used I would say it is on par with the others, they all have their different advantages and disadvantages.
At 9.50 it is quite pricey, but if there is a colour you particuarly like, then it is totally worth it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I bought this on the way to work one day because I had inadvertently left the house without putting my lipstick in my handbag (horror of horrors!). I didn't want to spend out a lot because it was only an "emergency supply". This was 9.50 which I thought was reasonable.
I have previously gone for long lasting lipsticks but I thought I'd give this one a try because I liked the colour and I have decided to give lighter colours a try now I'm getting on a bit! I had recently read that older women shouldn't stick to dark or bright colours as they had done in the past.
It goes on very well and does indeed seem quite moisturizing although this does mean it isn't a long-laster. But as moisturizing lipsticks go I think it's longevity isn't bad. You do need to reapply after eating or drinking although you can probably get away with the odd sip.
As to the colour I really love it and it is indeed flattering to the older woman (I'm 55). It's a light pink shade - perhaps a touch of coral - which I have never worn before. I have pale skin and red hair and it's much more flattering than the darker/brighter corals I have tended to use in the past or the bronze-red colors I have also gone for.
I would buy it again but it may well have started me off on a new search for a whole different lipstick wardrobe.