April 21, 2014 | 1343 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by candiello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As with many Lush products, Buffy does not come with any packaging which makes it a bit more effort to use. I chopped my bar into four and keep a quarter in a container near the shower so the rest doesn't melt. I usually use this after I have already washed with a shower gel, and rub it along my legs, arms and torso in circular strokes. It smells, like other reviewers have said, earthy, nutty and flowery and the smell lingers for a while after its been washed off. The exfoliating granules in the bar work wonders for scaly or rough skin, however, it does leave an oily film on the skin and you can actually see water from the shower beading on your skin because of the film. So be prepared for some residue, as it is a body butter and designed to moisturise. I think the oiliness soaks into the skin after about 10 mins from hopping out of the shower and leaves your skin wonderfully supple and smooth. What I like about Buffy is that is cuts out one step for me when I am too lazy to moisturise after showering and scrubbing (I normally use Dream Cream). If you give it a go and are put off by the oily feeling afterwards, don't be - you will get used to it and reap the benefits of soft and smooth skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by oracle1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff .Great exfoliator and I dont need lotion after

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by bluebird06

This is a great product if you have keratosis pilaris. The exfoliation really helps keep the bumps on my arms under control. I can definitely tell when I have forgotten to use it for a few days. I step into the back of the shower to use it, so it stays out of the stream of water to keep the bar from melting. I just get my skin damp first and rub the bar lightly over. It is very abrasive, so you have to be careful. My legs get really itchy and dry during the winter and this really helps for that as well. It does feel a bit oily afterwards, but sinks in after a few minutes and is definitely worth it. It is expensive, but the best thing so far for keratosis that I've found. But if I hear of any other options, I might give them a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Buffy the backside slayer is a body butter/exfoliator that is to be used in the shower. You can apply to your wet skin, rinsse off and then it emparts a softness to the skin. This exfoliator is very abrasive. I used it on my arms and on my legs after shaving. I cut my bar into smaller pieces because I had read that it will melt easily. It did melt but not as much as I thought it would. I had to be gentle with this, it felt like it was ripping my skin off at first. After I rinsed off all the grittiness, I patted the areas dry with a towel. My skin felt so soft and smooth. I love it. I don't really get any strong smell from this, the smell to me, is faint. It has almost a medicinal smell but it quickly faded and all I was left with was soft skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. I use it on my backside and legs after shaving and it moisturizes and buffs my skin very well. My only complaint is that it melts tooo quickly in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by SyntheticNessa

I have repurchased this item (which is interesting since its rather expensive at $18AUD).
Nothing works like it though, and it lasts SO long, making it worthwhile (one regular-sized bar lasted me 1 year, using about 3-5 times a month).
I use it on my legs for the few days after I shave, it eliminates the itchiness I sometimes get from shaving, and stops any ingrown hairs. It also moisturises AMAZINGLY and smells freaking awesome (lavender-y). I'm a massive fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by krispykreme90

I decided to purchase this after reading rave reviews on it, especially since it was suppose to exfoliate the rough and dry areas of the skin and leave a butter like feel afterwards.

After my first time using it, I was smitten. My legs have always been rough and dry and no amount of moisturiser or shower gel/soap could ever leave it smooth and buttery soft like Buffy has.

After using it, you wouldn't need to moisturise as it does this for you. I still cant believe I have lived without this gem for soo long. It's a definite must have bath/shower product.

The only problem I have had is that it runs out quite quick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS
- left the skin soft
- not a greasy feeling
- did not have to apply moisturizer afterwards
- nice exfoliating factor
- non abrasive
- love the oily feeling as you rinse it off although when you come out of the washroom it is non greasy
- smooth application - melts upon skin contact
- decrease my razor bumps (although I have not shaved in years)

CONS
- can be used up quickly
-$10/bar
-smell is alright not amazing

I recommend that you turn off your tap before using the bar because it'll melt super quickly. I use this every other day after I gently scrub myself down with a loofa & shower gel. This is the last step in my whole shower routine and I love it. I do it every other day just because I do not want to over exfoliate my skin and because this stuff is expensive and melts way too quickly. Make sure it is store away from water and away from heat.

Start: Nov2012

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by soapsaholic09

This soap kicks ass - especially if you have keratosis pilaris like I do. No, it's not a cure, but it will soften your bumps and make your skin feel great. The soap smells like coconut, and contains little beads that serve to exfoliate the skin. It will leave you feeling greasy at first, but if you give it sometime to absorb, you'll find your skin feeling soft and moisturized. I have to agree with @TheMoonBunny - it is easy to overdo it. Depending on how your skin reacts to the soap, definitely consider using it in moderation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I like Buffy as a moisturizer but not for exfoliating. It has a nice scent and I really don't use it in the shower and that's how lush recommends to use Buffy. Also careful this literally melts in your hands and can leave you greasy but I love it.