August 22, 2014 | 1171 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by shannsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say? HG, HG, HG.

The smaller Buffy fits perfectly in the special metal LUSH tin. I keep the bar intact and rub it all over my body to exfoliate and moisturize. (NOTE: if you're not slicing it up for individual use, as many others seem to do, it's very important to let the product fully dry before placing it back in the tin.)

I don't find Buffy to be too rough on my skin, as most scrub brushes are, but I always use it under running water after my body wash (and often after shaving).

Yeah, Buffy's a bit greasy. Let the shower run for a few extra minutes to wash away the filmy mess, and have some patience after you towel off to let the moisturizing ingredients sink in. You'll end up with ridiculously smooth, soft, and glowing skin. No other combination of exfoliators and moisturizers accomplishes what this one product does, and the effects last a solid week for me, without needing to reach for any other lotion or body butter.

Smells like a long day at the beach ... Mmm. And lavender.

I get about 8 uses out of the smaller bar ... a solid 1.5 - 2 months of beautiful skin. Not the best value, but try this the next time you're getting ready for a special date and see if it doesn't completely win you over!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

Im loving this !! I use this after u use my shower gel and rub allover my body and rinse it real quick and then pat my skin w my towel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omg... I used it for the first time... after an hour and my skin is still greasy, has not sunk into my skin at all! I had to use two paper towels to wipe it off :( I am so shocked.and i have really dry skin.

Update:
I don't think i can use this. Its so creamy and thick that it just doesn't absorb into my skin, I have to use a paper towel to wipe the grease off before i can put on my clothes. In the end it turned mouldy and i threw the whole bar out. I'll stick with aqua mirabillus which is amazing.

The scent is more herbally, nice but not fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by candiello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As with many Lush products, Buffy does not come with any packaging which makes it a bit more effort to use. I chopped my bar into four and keep a quarter in a container near the shower so the rest doesn't melt. I usually use this after I have already washed with a shower gel, and rub it along my legs, arms and torso in circular strokes. It smells, like other reviewers have said, earthy, nutty and flowery and the smell lingers for a while after its been washed off. The exfoliating granules in the bar work wonders for scaly or rough skin, however, it does leave an oily film on the skin and you can actually see water from the shower beading on your skin because of the film. So be prepared for some residue, as it is a body butter and designed to moisturise. I think the oiliness soaks into the skin after about 10 mins from hopping out of the shower and leaves your skin wonderfully supple and smooth. What I like about Buffy is that is cuts out one step for me when I am too lazy to moisturise after showering and scrubbing (I normally use Dream Cream). If you give it a go and are put off by the oily feeling afterwards, don't be - you will get used to it and reap the benefits of soft and smooth skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by oracle1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff .Great exfoliator and I dont need lotion after

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by bluebird06

This is a great product if you have keratosis pilaris. The exfoliation really helps keep the bumps on my arms under control. I can definitely tell when I have forgotten to use it for a few days. I step into the back of the shower to use it, so it stays out of the stream of water to keep the bar from melting. I just get my skin damp first and rub the bar lightly over. It is very abrasive, so you have to be careful. My legs get really itchy and dry during the winter and this really helps for that as well. It does feel a bit oily afterwards, but sinks in after a few minutes and is definitely worth it. It is expensive, but the best thing so far for keratosis that I've found. But if I hear of any other options, I might give them a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Buffy the backside slayer is a body butter/exfoliator that is to be used in the shower. You can apply to your wet skin, rinsse off and then it emparts a softness to the skin. This exfoliator is very abrasive. I used it on my arms and on my legs after shaving. I cut my bar into smaller pieces because I had read that it will melt easily. It did melt but not as much as I thought it would. I had to be gentle with this, it felt like it was ripping my skin off at first. After I rinsed off all the grittiness, I patted the areas dry with a towel. My skin felt so soft and smooth. I love it. I don't really get any strong smell from this, the smell to me, is faint. It has almost a medicinal smell but it quickly faded and all I was left with was soft skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. I use it on my backside and legs after shaving and it moisturizes and buffs my skin very well. My only complaint is that it melts tooo quickly in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by SyntheticNessa

I have repurchased this item (which is interesting since its rather expensive at $18AUD).
Nothing works like it though, and it lasts SO long, making it worthwhile (one regular-sized bar lasted me 1 year, using about 3-5 times a month).
I use it on my legs for the few days after I shave, it eliminates the itchiness I sometimes get from shaving, and stops any ingrown hairs. It also moisturises AMAZINGLY and smells freaking awesome (lavender-y). I'm a massive fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by krispykreme90

I decided to purchase this after reading rave reviews on it, especially since it was suppose to exfoliate the rough and dry areas of the skin and leave a butter like feel afterwards.

After my first time using it, I was smitten. My legs have always been rough and dry and no amount of moisturiser or shower gel/soap could ever leave it smooth and buttery soft like Buffy has.

After using it, you wouldn't need to moisturise as it does this for you. I still cant believe I have lived without this gem for soo long. It's a definite must have bath/shower product.

The only problem I have had is that it runs out quite quick.