April 17, 2014 | 1460 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Infinatemakeup1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product ! I have very oily skin so this works great ! Whenever I used revoln powder I'm still oily but with this product I don't have to re apply at all and I stay shine free all day ! GOOD PRODUCT overall !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I used this for a while as my foundation because it has more coverage than most ds mineral powders. I loved that about it and the ease of a solid compact powder vs the mess of a loose one.

But over time I realized this did not do my mid 40's dry skin any favors. Nothing like catching yourself in a rear view mirror for a little makeup reality check huh girls?!:)

I'd have loved it when I was younger though I am more yellow toned and this runs pink, a little bronzer sorted that out when I did use it. All in a all a good product that just wasn't suited for me

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I really love this powder. I have very oily and acne prone skin. I bought this powder in the mineral kit in light found at walmart for about $20 and I decided to try it out. The mineral kit comes with a mineral wear face powder, mineral blush, and a finishing veil (which I absolutely love). The mineral powder I got was in creamy natural. It is a bit pinkish in undertone but it is pretty light so I just lightly sweep it over my T-zone. I have a yellow undertone (NC20-25) The coverage is buildable from light to medium. I tend to just use this to set my makeup especially if I need a little bit more coverage. I highly recommend for those oily skinned girls. I am tempted to try the translucent colors but looking at the other reviews, it tends to be for the lighter skinned girls. I usually get super oily within two hours without setting my makeup with a powder but this helps my face stay matte for about 6 hours!!! LOVE IT, ULTA and CVS was doing a 40% sale recently. I am not sure if it is still going on. I will definitely repurchase when I am out of powder :D

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I am NOT a fan of powder foundation. but this is probably the most velvety soft feel powder foundation i've felt.. with exception of the mac studio fix powder foundation..
UNFORTUNATELY I purchased a shade too dark , FOR REFERENCE, I am an NC30 and I got the BEIGE. Beige will suit NC40 Skin tone.. it looked incredible muddy on my face i had to wipe it off!! but the coverage was MEDIUM. not fuLL.
i HAVE moderate acne scarring and I need a Full coverage foundation. I am not a concealer type of girl.. I want 1 product that will do it all!!!

I compared the classic beige to the beige and the classic looked as if it had pink undertones.. and the Beige looked more yellow.. It appears MUCH darker on the face then if u swatch it on ur hand... So beware!! Buy from somewhere with a return policy like CVS or ULTA.

qUALITY of packaging is ok.. but Bulky and round. they need to renovate the classic look and maybe turn it into a square packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to powder. I have been using this for years and always come back to it. I am about nc5ish and use translucent light as a foundation and I keep translucent in my purse if I need a touch up.They blend into your skin very nice and have a glowy natural finish. I love that its mineral powder and one compact lasts such a long time! I can never find anything better than this stuff.

The only thing I dont like is the big bulky compact and the junky brush...I always throw it away and use my own puff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this product in the shade "Translucent" which actually has light to medium coverage in about NC15 shade (definitely yellow). I liked this powder, it didn't melt off my face throughout the day (although it did get oily on the forehead after 6 hours). Can't wear it through, too yellow. Also, very powdery. If you swirl a flat top brush on this powder, it goes everywhere. However, this is the best drugstore version of MAC MSFN I have yet to find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Was on the hunt for a new powder and decided to grab this. Their pressed mineral wear blushes are the only blushes I can use without fear of breaking out, so I figured the powder would probably work just as well for me. I pretty much only use powder to set the concealer I randomly apply over blemishes/red marks. I'm light w/ yellow undertones, NC20 last time I checked (many moons ago). Translucent matches my winter skin pretty decently. It's a touch too light, but close enough. In the summer, I might have to search for the next shade up though.

Just like the mineral wear blushes, this little baby packs a punch and can be easily overdone if not careful and the package is a bit bulky. I always spritz my face w/witch hazel once done applying makeup (my #1 makeup tip) and it helps everything blend nicely into my skin and prevents it from looking cakey or powdery. I like to test out concealers and such on a small freckle on my hand to see how well the coverage is. And this powder almost covered it entirely all by itself. I was pretty impressed.

If I have any issues with this breaking me out, I'll be sure to update!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Good, no fuss product. Works better in the summer. Coverage is decent.
Physical sunscreen with good vitamin ingredient deck.

Not as good as the original formulation of Pur Minerals, not their new version, too many ingredients in the new one and know I will break out.

Will be trying Neutrogenia pressed mineral sheers soon.

Determined to find a good drugstore pressed mineral powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Rosecoloured

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a couple of months now and it's been great. I have oily skin that is very sensitive to too many chemical ingredients so this product was perfect for me since it doesn't contain any harsh additives. I apply it after my concealer and it provides a bit of coverage and evens out my skin tone slightly (it's definitely no foundation). By the end of the day my skin is a bit oily but not as bad as other products I've used such as the Maybelline matte powder. The powder feels very light on skin, almost as if I'm not wearing anything at all! My skin was breaking out before I started using and has since gotten a lot better. It's probably not due to the powder, but it's safe to say that it's not doing anything to make me break out more.

My only complaint is the packaging. It comes with a brush that is terrible. It's cheap and the bristles are too hard for the mineral powder so it gets messy when I try to use it. They can make the compact smaller without the brush! I use a kabuki brush instead to apply the powder. The mirror is useful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very pale, 44 yrs old and have sensitive, combination skin. I had bought this product back when it first came out and remember liking it very much. After I used it all up, I went to trying other products and none of them really did what this product does. I just recently repurchased it and now I know why I had loved it. I use Translucent Light and it is the perfect, neutral shade for my skin. I like a sheer coverage, for foundation, since I'll use a concealor for any spots needing more coverage. This product looks incredibly natural on my skin, doesn't irritate me or cause breakouts and lasts fairly long, as long as its not summer. I can't use this for summer since it doesn't soak up enough oil for me. This product doesn't settle into my fine lines and covers enough without hiding my freckles. I don't like the brush that comes in the packaging and I use a kabuki brush to buff it into my skin instead. For heavier coverage, I use a makeup sponge and "press" it into my skin.