November 23, 2014 | 1969 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by jerzia03

Absofreakinglutely love this thing! This is my first powder foundation and i dont think i would want to look for others. Thats how good this is. I just use concealer underneath and swipe this all over. It may tend to look powdery but i fix that with a setting spray and im pretty much good to go. Lasts all day, and i mean ALL DAY and i have the oiliest skin of life. No joke. Try it! Youll love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

Absolutely love this. Gives the most natural, gorgeous skin finish yet controls oil at the same time. Medium to full coverage. I have two compacts of this - "Translucent" for winter, and "Beige" for summer. I've been wearing "Beige" almost daily for 7 months now (I fake tan my olive skin) and have made quite the dent in it. It's incredible. No breakouts, no irritated skin. Beautiful color an flawless coverage. Lasts all day with little to no touch ups on my combo oily skin. HG. After cleansing and moisturizing, I apply concealer where I need it, then buff this powder all over with Real Techniques Buffing Brush ( also HG.) I love this and I'll never stop wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

This face powder is a staple in my makeup bag. I am 15 years old HS student with finicky teen skin - oily on the forehead, dry everywhere else, and very sensitive to fragrances, heavy mineral oils and chemicals. I am not acne prone but I do get little whiteheads and blackheads sometimes. I have this powder in "Beige", it's way too dark for my face but it matches my NC30 tan neck and body perfectly, which is what matters. It's very loosely pressed and can get a bit messy; it's also highly pigmented. You only need a little for light/medium coverage and can easily be built up to full coverage when you need it. At first it looks a bit powdery but within 20 minutes or so it sets and looks just like my skin, but better. Throughout the day it controls my oily skin without looking too matte or grossly powdery - it just looks like balanced, happy skin. Easy to bring with me and touch up throughout the day. I use my MAC buffing brush to apply, after conditioning my skin with Josie Maran Argan Oil Light and it looks flawless. I like the packaging - not the prettiest ever; but it works and I like the mirror. Small compartment and brush it came with is useless to me - I always use my own brushes. But that's a small inconvenience to how amazing this powder is.
Plus, my sensitive skin wears this powder for 9 hours a day for 4 months now, and hasn't broken out or felt irritated at all. My skin hasn't broken out in forever. LOVE THIS, it will be in my makeup bag forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

It's so many people's go-to powder for a reason! It's the best I've ever tried and it feel like silk on your skin. Doesn't hurt that the ingredients are healthy and it's perfect for my acne prone skin. Covers extremely well for powder and can be buildabe to full coverage. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by miamc12321

I was using a Cover Girl finishing powder. I was running out so I decided to look.around and see what better things were out there. I stumbled on this. Reading the box, it sounded like it was for me. Helps reduce irritation, and break-outs. I had went to work without any powder on my face. So as soon as I was done paying for this, I went to the rest room and applied this. I was amazed at this. My skin looks smooth and natural. It goes fantastic with my Skin79 B.B. creams. I'm really glad I chose this. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Nova0407

I like this product, it doesn't break my out or clog my pores, and it covers pretty good. I use it with my Elf Kabuki brush and to add more coverage I pat the powder in with my Elf powder brush. This powder is only full coverage if you use the sponge pad that it comes with and sweep it on your face but I find it gives a cakey look. I have oily skin and my face gets shiny after about an hour of wear. Although I'm not IN LOVE w/ it, I will continue to use it and repurchase because it's the only powder I've tried that hasn't worsened my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by YCR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and it gets clogged very easily. This powder doesn't break me out, nor clogs my pores, which I absolutely love. I use the shade Cremy Natural and it's a teeny, tiny bit light for my light/medium skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. This powder provides a medium coverage (leaning towards the lighter side of medium coverage). It covers quite well most of my few hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne scarring. I wouldn't say it covers really red or dark spots- I still use concealer on top of very dark or red spots. The consistency of this powder is very soft, BUT it's so soft that the powder goes absolutely EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. I apply it with a powder brush and I have to just tap the brush into the product, not rub it because otherwise it goes everywhere and you end up loosing a lot of the product. I like my skin to look as natural as possible, and with a light touch, this powder does look very natural, but if you keep applying too much it can look quite cakey and it becomes quite noticeable that you have makeup on.

I wouldn't say it controls shine- in that sense it does the same as most powders do. It doesn't make me shinier either. The packaging is a little bit too bulky for my taste, but that's not a big deal to me. I'd say that the price is quite high for a drugstore powder (about $13.95). And I don't like the fact that I can only find this at CVS. Other than that, I think the product is fantastic and I will continue to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yuck. My daughter uses this in Creamy Natural and loves it, so I borrowed it from her a few days to try it out as the price is pretty reasonable compared to Pur Minerals and Tarte. Coverage is light, only lasts about 4 hours on my washed and sunscreened/moisturized skin. Finish is natural and it doesn't cake or settle in pores or lines, which is about the best thing I can say about it. Its super powdery and gets everywhere when applying, and worst of all oxidizes like crazy to a orange color on my skin. She doesn't look like an oompa loompa with this on, so maybe it works better on oily/younger skin?! I have normal/combo skin and was horrified when I caught a glance of myself in my rearview mirror. Will not purchase for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by TGarrigues

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product now! I actually bought the set, which included the face powder/blush/bronzer. I love these powders. It doesn't cake on your face and it brightens up my skin. I don't feel like I'm wearing 10 pounds of make up and this makes you look beautiful while looking natural which is hard when you have to wear makeup. I would definitely in a heart beat buy this product again I use this every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by BabyPaey4

I absolutely love this! I have acne-prone skin and suffer from severe breakouts, so I resort to makeup to cover it up, thus clogging my pores and making it worse. I had been doing this cycle for about two years, all the while purchasing product after product to try and hide the acne or treat it--but nothing worked; I only made it worse, and had a pile of products in my drawer.

My mom told me I should try the mineral wear makeup, but I dismayed her saying it wouldn't hide the acne. Eventually, I caved in an bought the "acne prone" set with the pressed powder, air-brushing powder, and blush. It has literally changed my life! I will never go back to liquid foundations after using this.

This make-up, you can easily layer to hide the stubborn acne marks without having to worry about it clogging your pores. When my acne is really bad, I sometimes use a medicated concealer with salicylic acid, with the foundation on top. Absolutely no redness! I find when I do this and don't take my make-up off at night, my skin actually looks clearer in the morning too! (weird, I know)

I have also used this on my sister, who has no acne problems, and it makes her skin look flawless! This is just a great brand, and compared to the price of Bare Minerals or the department store brand, you can't beat it, especially for the quality! I do recommend buying your own brushed though!

For those who often drop their make-up, as I do, this one hasn't broken, and I've had it for months; a huge plus!