September 16, 2014 | 1926 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Nova0407

I like this product, it doesn't break my out or clog my pores, and it covers pretty good. I use it with my Elf Kabuki brush and to add more coverage I pat the powder in with my Elf powder brush. This powder is only full coverage if you use the sponge pad that it comes with and sweep it on your face but I find it gives a cakey look. I have oily skin and my face gets shiny after about an hour of wear. Although I'm not IN LOVE w/ it, I will continue to use it and repurchase because it's the only powder I've tried that hasn't worsened my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by YCR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and it gets clogged very easily. This powder doesn't break me out, nor clogs my pores, which I absolutely love. I use the shade Cremy Natural and it's a teeny, tiny bit light for my light/medium skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. This powder provides a medium coverage (leaning towards the lighter side of medium coverage). It covers quite well most of my few hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne scarring. I wouldn't say it covers really red or dark spots- I still use concealer on top of very dark or red spots. The consistency of this powder is very soft, BUT it's so soft that the powder goes absolutely EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. I apply it with a powder brush and I have to just tap the brush into the product, not rub it because otherwise it goes everywhere and you end up loosing a lot of the product. I like my skin to look as natural as possible, and with a light touch, this powder does look very natural, but if you keep applying too much it can look quite cakey and it becomes quite noticeable that you have makeup on.

I wouldn't say it controls shine- in that sense it does the same as most powders do. It doesn't make me shinier either. The packaging is a little bit too bulky for my taste, but that's not a big deal to me. I'd say that the price is quite high for a drugstore powder (about $13.95). And I don't like the fact that I can only find this at CVS. Other than that, I think the product is fantastic and I will continue to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yuck. My daughter uses this in Creamy Natural and loves it, so I borrowed it from her a few days to try it out as the price is pretty reasonable compared to Pur Minerals and Tarte. Coverage is light, only lasts about 4 hours on my washed and sunscreened/moisturized skin. Finish is natural and it doesn't cake or settle in pores or lines, which is about the best thing I can say about it. Its super powdery and gets everywhere when applying, and worst of all oxidizes like crazy to a orange color on my skin. She doesn't look like an oompa loompa with this on, so maybe it works better on oily/younger skin?! I have normal/combo skin and was horrified when I caught a glance of myself in my rearview mirror. Will not purchase for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by TGarrigues

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product now! I actually bought the set, which included the face powder/blush/bronzer. I love these powders. It doesn't cake on your face and it brightens up my skin. I don't feel like I'm wearing 10 pounds of make up and this makes you look beautiful while looking natural which is hard when you have to wear makeup. I would definitely in a heart beat buy this product again I use this every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by BabyPaey4

I absolutely love this! I have acne-prone skin and suffer from severe breakouts, so I resort to makeup to cover it up, thus clogging my pores and making it worse. I had been doing this cycle for about two years, all the while purchasing product after product to try and hide the acne or treat it--but nothing worked; I only made it worse, and had a pile of products in my drawer.

My mom told me I should try the mineral wear makeup, but I dismayed her saying it wouldn't hide the acne. Eventually, I caved in an bought the "acne prone" set with the pressed powder, air-brushing powder, and blush. It has literally changed my life! I will never go back to liquid foundations after using this.

This make-up, you can easily layer to hide the stubborn acne marks without having to worry about it clogging your pores. When my acne is really bad, I sometimes use a medicated concealer with salicylic acid, with the foundation on top. Absolutely no redness! I find when I do this and don't take my make-up off at night, my skin actually looks clearer in the morning too! (weird, I know)

I have also used this on my sister, who has no acne problems, and it makes her skin look flawless! This is just a great brand, and compared to the price of Bare Minerals or the department store brand, you can't beat it, especially for the quality! I do recommend buying your own brushed though!

For those who often drop their make-up, as I do, this one hasn't broken, and I've had it for months; a huge plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by arlenerubio27

This is one of my favorite products. It is light and natural looking on my skin. I use this as my bronzer and I use this in the Sand Beige finish. I have dry, acne prone skin and this keeps me looking fresh and flawless. The packaging is a bit bulky for me since I never use the build in brush it comes with but the mirror is a nice feature. I find this product in most CVS stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I could kiss Physicians Formula! This is literally magic in a compact. I have very fair, sensitive, acne-prone skin that can never make up its mind in terms of being oily or dry. Somehow, this lovely sheer formula just smooths out all of these issues and makes my face look naturally seamless, glowy, and beautiful, without irritating my skin at all. After putting moisturizer on, I use a big, fluffy brush to smooth it across my face. Sometimes a little is all I need, but it's also very buildable and you can layer a lot on and really get an airbrushed look without looking cakey at all. I use it to set my undereye concealer too and it's perfect. I don't wear liquid foundation that often, but when i do, a light dusting of this works perfectly for setting it. It's also great for touch ups during the day and it definitely matifies oily skin. Press a finger to the compact and you'll see that the actual powder is incredibly soft and refined. This compact works so well for me that I don't even feel the need to search for any others, especially not a high end compact when I know I get spectacular payoff from a drugstore product. And It doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all. I hope they never change it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by graciapaige

I really like this product on the days I have school and don't want to put on a full face of makeup. Its very light weight and needs minimal touch ups throughout the day. I find that it does get cakey if I touch up more than twice.
But it broke me out terribly if I didn't have moisturizer and a primer on. If it sat on my skin with no barrier, I would wake up the next day with at least five new breakouts. I'm not to found of that aspect of this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

I bought this in "translucent" but this powder is not translucent at all. I put a light dusting all over my face and my face is significantly lighter than my neck. It also looks really cakey and has this odd sheen to it. It looks like this would be better used as a natural highlighter than for all over the face because it makes you look ... plasticky?? It's not a cute look. The packaging is a little large and clunky, but at least the snap closure is really tight and secure! I wouldn't purchase this again and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else. Plus, it's really expensive for a drugstore product. I purchased mine at Walmart for $13? Definitely taking it back and getting a refund.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was using Rimmel Stay Matte powder for a long time, but I found that most of them have a slight pink tint to them (too pink for my skin).

This powder is the first that has even been a match for my pale, peachy, yet yellow colored complexion. When I check my reflection in my car mirror, my face matches my neck! (Translucent Light)

I love the minimal ingredients in this color in particular. The darker colors seem to have other things added, like parabens. This is also the best setting powder I have ever used. My makeup seriously doesn't budge at all the whole day. I've never witnessed the phenomenon, and thought that long lasting face makeup was merely a myth. Rimmel is great, but my oil would come through after a couple of hours.

My only gripe is the price. Their brand has always been the "high-end" of the drugstore for me. They are usually part of the aisle I never partake in, regardless of where I am. Working part-time, it is hard to drop a lot of money in general, especially on one thing. Most people may not relate to this, but handing the guy $15 at CVS the other day made me die on the inside a little.

Maybe it's for the fabulous packaging. Each one comes with a mirror, and a second compartment for a brush -- that I use to dust my keyboard. I wish they sold packaging with refills, because their packaging is super strong. It seems like such a waste to me.

This being said, getting the most out of my foundation is so worth it to me in the end. After unloading trucks at work, in a stock room with no AC, I don't have to wash off my half melted face makeup and redo it over again for class, wasting foundation. I will invest the $11-$13 dollars for this, as long as they make it!