December 20, 2014 | 1652 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by AONeal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd been loyal to Rimmel's Stay Matte powder for years, but wanted something with SPF. Really glad I bought this even though it's 3x the price - it looks far more natural and mattifies longer. I use it to set a light layer of foundation and concealer, and have very oily/combination skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Marebear2013

I tried SO hard to like this product. I probably returned then repurchased it again like three times. And every time I repurchase I'm reminded why I hate it. It makes your skin SHINYYYYY!!!! And when you touch up, it only layers more product & an hour later you're a shine ball again. This contains mica which is a "shine ingredient." Avoid face powders with mica. I do NOT recommend this for oily skin. The coverage is great so if you have dryer skin you would love this after moisturizing!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by monica3210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I bought this in sand beige and it was waay too dark so I bought beige. still too dark so I got buff beige. this is when I noticed they oxidize badly. buff beige and beige practically turn out to be the same color. It doesn't turn orange though just really dark. if I wear something covering my chest then it will still be a believable skin color (just not mine). Once I realized the formula didn't like my skin I also noticed it didn't do anything to my skin. it looked powdery/chalky and emphasized my pores after awhile (I tried this in the comfort of my own home).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by jerzia03

Absofreakinglutely love this thing! This is my first powder foundation and i dont think i would want to look for others. Thats how good this is. I just use concealer underneath and swipe this all over. It may tend to look powdery but i fix that with a setting spray and im pretty much good to go. Lasts all day, and i mean ALL DAY and i have the oiliest skin of life. No joke. Try it! Youll love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

Absolutely love this. Gives the most natural, gorgeous skin finish yet controls oil at the same time. Medium to full coverage. I have two compacts of this - "Translucent" for winter, and "Beige" for summer. I've been wearing "Beige" almost daily for 7 months now (I fake tan my olive skin) and have made quite the dent in it. It's incredible. No breakouts, no irritated skin. Beautiful color an flawless coverage. Lasts all day with little to no touch ups on my combo oily skin. HG. After cleansing and moisturizing, I apply concealer where I need it, then buff this powder all over with Real Techniques Buffing Brush ( also HG.) I love this and I'll never stop wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

This face powder is a staple in my makeup bag. I am 15 years old HS student with finicky teen skin - oily on the forehead, dry everywhere else, and very sensitive to fragrances, heavy mineral oils and chemicals. I am not acne prone but I do get little whiteheads and blackheads sometimes. I have this powder in "Beige", it's way too dark for my face but it matches my NC30 tan neck and body perfectly, which is what matters. It's very loosely pressed and can get a bit messy; it's also highly pigmented. You only need a little for light/medium coverage and can easily be built up to full coverage when you need it. At first it looks a bit powdery but within 20 minutes or so it sets and looks just like my skin, but better. Throughout the day it controls my oily skin without looking too matte or grossly powdery - it just looks like balanced, happy skin. Easy to bring with me and touch up throughout the day. I use my MAC buffing brush to apply, after conditioning my skin with Josie Maran Argan Oil Light and it looks flawless. I like the packaging - not the prettiest ever; but it works and I like the mirror. Small compartment and brush it came with is useless to me - I always use my own brushes. But that's a small inconvenience to how amazing this powder is.
Plus, my sensitive skin wears this powder for 9 hours a day for 4 months now, and hasn't broken out or felt irritated at all. My skin hasn't broken out in forever. LOVE THIS, it will be in my makeup bag forever!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

It's so many people's go-to powder for a reason! It's the best I've ever tried and it feel like silk on your skin. Doesn't hurt that the ingredients are healthy and it's perfect for my acne prone skin. Covers extremely well for powder and can be buildabe to full coverage. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by miamc12321

I was using a Cover Girl finishing powder. I was running out so I decided to look.around and see what better things were out there. I stumbled on this. Reading the box, it sounded like it was for me. Helps reduce irritation, and break-outs. I had went to work without any powder on my face. So as soon as I was done paying for this, I went to the rest room and applied this. I was amazed at this. My skin looks smooth and natural. It goes fantastic with my Skin79 B.B. creams. I'm really glad I chose this. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Nova0407

I like this product, it doesn't break my out or clog my pores, and it covers pretty good. I use it with my Elf Kabuki brush and to add more coverage I pat the powder in with my Elf powder brush. This powder is only full coverage if you use the sponge pad that it comes with and sweep it on your face but I find it gives a cakey look. I have oily skin and my face gets shiny after about an hour of wear. Although I'm not IN LOVE w/ it, I will continue to use it and repurchase because it's the only powder I've tried that hasn't worsened my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by YCR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and it gets clogged very easily. This powder doesn't break me out, nor clogs my pores, which I absolutely love. I use the shade Cremy Natural and it's a teeny, tiny bit light for my light/medium skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. This powder provides a medium coverage (leaning towards the lighter side of medium coverage). It covers quite well most of my few hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne scarring. I wouldn't say it covers really red or dark spots- I still use concealer on top of very dark or red spots. The consistency of this powder is very soft, BUT it's so soft that the powder goes absolutely EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. I apply it with a powder brush and I have to just tap the brush into the product, not rub it because otherwise it goes everywhere and you end up loosing a lot of the product. I like my skin to look as natural as possible, and with a light touch, this powder does look very natural, but if you keep applying too much it can look quite cakey and it becomes quite noticeable that you have makeup on.

I wouldn't say it controls shine- in that sense it does the same as most powders do. It doesn't make me shinier either. The packaging is a little bit too bulky for my taste, but that's not a big deal to me. I'd say that the price is quite high for a drugstore powder (about $13.95). And I don't like the fact that I can only find this at CVS. Other than that, I think the product is fantastic and I will continue to purchase.