August 20, 2014 | 1731 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When it comes to florals, I seem to prefer violets or fresh scents. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always wanted this when it came out but it is still very expensive. I got this last Christmas as a gift and I love it. I apologize, but I really cant distinguish the notes of this fragrance. But as my BF put it, it smells like money. I feel luxurious, pampered and exclusive when I wear this.

The scent is long lasting and I definitely save this for special occassions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sillage

An acquired taste for me, and I think after 12 yrs or so of owning a bottle, I can finally say that I like this. Not my usual taste at all. It took me 10 years to finally finish my first 3.4oz EDP, and I now own a second -- plus a 3.4oz EDT (same scent, just lighter/sheerer than EDP).

J'adore is light, fresh, tart, crisp, & dry -- has almost a bitter, acidic, or sour-ish note (almost like a white grapefruit note). Effervescent -- smells like crisp white wine or a golden champagne. It's thin, fresh, light, sheer, clean, tart, crisp -- with an edge to it, a tangy bite (which is why it took me so long to appreciate it). It's golden, sunshine-y, bright, slightly warm, & airy. Crisp, zesty, and zingy.

It doesn't cling or cloy -- it sort of radiates and soars. It gives me a feeling of escape and freedom, actually. I tend to wear this when I'm happy and feeling light. I wear it a lot on weekends and in the summer, esp when going out to dinner at the beach.

Years ago, I sprayed about 5 of my perfumes on cards and had my son (early 20's at the time) rate which he liked, from best to worst -- just from card sniff-tests only (no names given). I can only remember one of the other spritzes now (Light Blue), but he chose J'adore EDP as his favorite of the 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by rosagarcia163

Yea from seeing the commercial so many times I expected this perfume to be amazing. I smelled and it didnt leave any impression on me what so ever. If anything I forgot what it smelled like. Not very memoralbe

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I expected to like this and was excited to get a little spray bottle sample from Nordstrom. I sprayed a bit on me and my nostrils and sinuses felt assaulted. An instant headache occured.
I agree with the review that compared the "in your face quality " of this to the Giorgio perfumes of the 80s . It is aggressive and everywhere. It smells cheap even though I suspect it is not.
My guess is the Charlize / Grace Kelly etc commercial is selling a lot of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I just recently purchased this after having seen ads and commercials for it ever since it came out. It's so nice and soft, delicate, and clean. I see this being a nice every day fragrance, but for me I see it being a big too "soft" for going out etc. Still a very nice fragrance!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this when I was about 17. As an adult, I couldn't see myself wearing it but it does bring back memories. It is light and inoffensive, a nothing kind of smell. I don't mind it, but I must admit I am a bit surprised every time I smell this on someone over 20.

If there was a fabric softener that smelled like this I would probably use it on my towels. My bathroom can smell like this, but not my body.

Having said that, it is a lovely scent for younger girls, and smelling it makes me happy. I'm glad it is still around, and that I have moved on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

I got this as a gift (lucky huh?). It's not a smell I would normally gravitate to (i like vanillery, fruity, minty or violet...or anything that's not this, really) but I really quite like it. Inoffensive floral springs to mind. Very pleasant. Has good lasting power. I don't think I'd buy it again but I am enjoying using it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ScentingSarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

J'adore EDP is my all time, Favourite scent! It is simply Devine! I feel likes goddess whenever I spray it on!
I saviour every drop, and i only use for very special occasions! Every time I wear it, I always get comments on how gorgeous I smell! My husband loves this scent on me (I love perfume and have quite a few 'favourites') and it's his favourite for me also!!
J'adore is timeless yet modern and classic at the same time! It will make men - and women - swoon! It has to be tried on to truly understand the 'magic' that is J'adore! You will not be disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by vanyachap

I have a dupe sample of it,I don't know if its the exact same smell like the original one,but its very good.Its so fresh and so delicate.