Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

3.4

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 1/25/2010 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Got this product about 2 weeks ago. Initially I wasn't very impressed, the product left my face feeling very sticky and even when I thought it had soaked in, as soon as I applied anything else to my face I immediately became sticky again, so it was sort of like the product was just drying on my face, instead of soaking in. Then I came here to read the reviews and got even more disappointed as it seems that a lot of people don't like this product.

Well It's been 2 weeks and I can definitely say there has been an improvement in my skin. The color looks more even and my pores look smaller (the smaller pores might be due to a great scrub I've also recently been using). I don't use these pads in the morning because I don't have time to wait for my skin to dry after using this and like I said, there is an overall sticky feel to my face for hours after using. Instead I've been using them in the evening before bed and then I wash my face really well in the morning. The pads seem to carry a lot of product so not only can I do my whole face but I can also do my neck and hands with one pad.

As of right now I do think I would repurchase this.

on 2/8/2009 2:42:00 PM

I've been using this off and on for a month or so, and I feel like it's not really doing anything for my skin except drying it out. I sometimes use it in combination with Philosophy's "Hope in a Bottle," so that may be why my skin feels especially dry. So, yeah, my main problem with this is that I just don't really see any point in using it--might as well swab water on my face.

on 1/29/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I buy the larger ones and use them on my neck, chest, feet and hands after my face. These are nothing short of amazing. Great antioxidants and lactic acid that doesn't dry my face out or make it greasy. My body loves these. Philosophy has done wonders for my face. I try so many other things and always, always, always come back to Phil.

on 1/18/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ineffective. A waste of time and money. Spend a little more to get the Peter Thomas Roth UnWrinkle Peel Pads. They exfoliate and resurface!

Based on the reviews here, I wanted so badly to love this product. My skin's actually pretty good, but I break out really easily and I definitely have my bad days sometimes. Generally though, not bad at all. I can get away with wearing just tinted moisturizer and a little bit of powder. I rushed home to try this that night and at first, everything seemed ok. I didn't really like the way it felt, as others have mentioned.

The next morning, I woke up to little random bumps on my face. I figured I was just having a little reaction to it, but that my skin would get used to it. SO WRONG! I tried using it again for the next few nights, until finally I had to give up. My face felt like it was on fire, and I breaking out in what seemed like an allergic reaction on my face. It was unpleasant, and it took my skin two weeks to get back to normal.

Awesome if this works for you. I'm jealous if it did, but definitely not for me.

on 10/24/2008 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd jar of these pads now. I use them about 2X per week alternating with the Avon anew pads. My skin is really smooth and clear. I can easily just wear tinted moisturizer and look good. I can really see the difference in my skin after about 2 weeks of not using this product. My skin tolerates this product really well. I use it on my face, neck, chest, and the top of my hands. One pad covers all that area. I feel that this product is a little more gentle on my skin than the Avon product but both are good. I can't afford to get professional peels but I can afford this product and I really LOVE looking nice without makeup.

on 10/9/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, so bad that I returned it! It may work for some, but it didnt make me feel like it was doing anything and instead dried my face out. First off, the application process was ridiculous...I didnt feel like I was doing anything but applying water on a cotton pad...second, it made my face feel uncomfortably dry..although it's great to use a moisturizer or other treatment right after this ritual, but still I didn't find it helpful.

on 9/27/2008 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using these for 2 weeks. I like them because it really evened my skin tone. When I get a zit, it automatically leaves a pink spot. Most of the foundation I was wearing was to cover those spots. Anyway, this faded them drastically, and I think it has also kept breakouts at bay, or at least the clogged pores I get (from the foundation) that turn into zits (because I can't leave them alone). I bought it to get rid of the clogged pores I already had though, and blackheads. It hasn't really made a difference in the blackhead department. I suppose it just needs more time since it has done wonders for everything else.
I also use the same pad on my tattoo that I'm in the process of prepping for removal. For that it seems to work really well! The lighter it is the less expensive the treatment, so I'll continue to do this until I'm satisfied with the results. It was 55 dollars for a jar of 100 well saturated, large pads.
Overall I will continue to purchase because it has really changed my skin, I've already been able to swtich from full foundation to tinted moisturizer (haven't been able to use that since I was 13). I have not experience drying and I use BP cream right after, but all skin is different. I actually wake up really oily feeling, but it doesn't stay that way all day. I use them every night. Love!

on 8/6/2008 1:41:00 PM

These pads (in conjunction with the microdelivery peel and the purity made simple cleanser) have completely changed my skin - and in less than one week! Not only has it cleared up some stubborn acne, which appeared for the 1st time once I turned 30, but it has faded the pink marks that the acne had left behind and made my pores look compeletly invisible. It has also left my skin looking younger and more radiant (I have the rosie glow that I had back in my early 20s).

on 8/4/2008 12:03:00 PM

Facial in a jar. Antioxidants and exfoliating properties galore. I don't need to use a moisturizer in the summer when I use this after my Purity. Love em! My skin changes in days when I have strayed and come back.

Popular Treatments (Face)