April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Treatments - Philosophy - The Microdelivery Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by terbear12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I buy the larger ones and use them on my neck, chest, feet and hands after my face. These are nothing short of amazing. Great antioxidants and lactic acid that doesn't dry my face out or make it greasy. My body loves these. Philosophy has done wonders for my face. I try so many other things and always, always, always come back to Phil.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by prcdnvl28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ineffective. A waste of time and money. Spend a little more to get the Peter Thomas Roth UnWrinkle Peel Pads. They exfoliate and resurface!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2008 4:50:00 AM More reviews by smallvillejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on the reviews here, I wanted so badly to love this product. My skin's actually pretty good, but I break out really easily and I definitely have my bad days sometimes. Generally though, not bad at all. I can get away with wearing just tinted moisturizer and a little bit of powder. I rushed home to try this that night and at first, everything seemed ok. I didn't really like the way it felt, as others have mentioned.

The next morning, I woke up to little random bumps on my face. I figured I was just having a little reaction to it, but that my skin would get used to it. SO WRONG! I tried using it again for the next few nights, until finally I had to give up. My face felt like it was on fire, and I breaking out in what seemed like an allergic reaction on my face. It was unpleasant, and it took my skin two weeks to get back to normal.

Awesome if this works for you. I'm jealous if it did, but definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd jar of these pads now. I use them about 2X per week alternating with the Avon anew pads. My skin is really smooth and clear. I can easily just wear tinted moisturizer and look good. I can really see the difference in my skin after about 2 weeks of not using this product. My skin tolerates this product really well. I use it on my face, neck, chest, and the top of my hands. One pad covers all that area. I feel that this product is a little more gentle on my skin than the Avon product but both are good. I can't afford to get professional peels but I can afford this product and I really LOVE looking nice without makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by CopLove

Wow, so bad that I returned it! It may work for some, but it didnt make me feel like it was doing anything and instead dried my face out. First off, the application process was ridiculous...I didnt feel like I was doing anything but applying water on a cotton pad...second, it made my face feel uncomfortably dry..although it's great to use a moisturizer or other treatment right after this ritual, but still I didn't find it helpful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using these for 2 weeks. I like them because it really evened my skin tone. When I get a zit, it automatically leaves a pink spot. Most of the foundation I was wearing was to cover those spots. Anyway, this faded them drastically, and I think it has also kept breakouts at bay, or at least the clogged pores I get (from the foundation) that turn into zits (because I can't leave them alone). I bought it to get rid of the clogged pores I already had though, and blackheads. It hasn't really made a difference in the blackhead department. I suppose it just needs more time since it has done wonders for everything else.
I also use the same pad on my tattoo that I'm in the process of prepping for removal. For that it seems to work really well! The lighter it is the less expensive the treatment, so I'll continue to do this until I'm satisfied with the results. It was 55 dollars for a jar of 100 well saturated, large pads.
Overall I will continue to purchase because it has really changed my skin, I've already been able to swtich from full foundation to tinted moisturizer (haven't been able to use that since I was 13). I have not experience drying and I use BP cream right after, but all skin is different. I actually wake up really oily feeling, but it doesn't stay that way all day. I use them every night. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ljteich

These pads (in conjunction with the microdelivery peel and the purity made simple cleanser) have completely changed my skin - and in less than one week! Not only has it cleared up some stubborn acne, which appeared for the 1st time once I turned 30, but it has faded the pink marks that the acne had left behind and made my pores look compeletly invisible. It has also left my skin looking younger and more radiant (I have the rosie glow that I had back in my early 20s).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by rates12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Facial in a jar. Antioxidants and exfoliating properties galore. I don't need to use a moisturizer in the summer when I use this after my Purity. Love em! My skin changes in days when I have strayed and come back.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Petalofarose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised when I read the reviews that said this product did nothing. I bought the huge jar for the body. I use one pad for my elbows, face and in grown hair scars on my stomach. In one month, my elbows and the scars have lightened significantly. The product definitely does something.

Now, for the face, my face is clear anyway so I just wanted it for maintenance. It does leave the face sticky so I place it on before the shower and then I wash it off after the shower. Any product worth its grain of salt absorbs into the skin within the first few minutes anyway.

The only problem I have is that the product is overpriced, but I got 100 pads so it likely will be next year before I need another jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ruschm

The difference these pads have made in my skin brings me to tears. I struggled and struggled with recurring acne that not only affected my complexion, it damaged my self esteem and confidence. I avoided social get-togethers and leaving the house because of my zit covered face. Enter the Microdelivery Peel Pads!...aka, my saving grace.

I have been using these pads for 3 months now and my face has taken a 180 turn for the better! When I look in the mirror at my bare face, I am often brought to tears at what I see - but in a good way. My face is smooth, pimple free, glowing, and soft. I didn't know what even toned skin was until I used these pads.

Bottom line...you will break out initally with these, but PLEASE hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's in the form of a radiant complexion. Since Philosophy makes this product, these pads come with a high sticker price. But I buy mine on Ebay and pay half of what Sephora or QVC sells them for.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No