September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites Ball Powder Beige Chic 03

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lillydog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only been using this for about 3 days. I have tried it 3 different ways. All over, tzone and just as a highlighter. I think the packaging could be nicer*CARDBOARD*????? the price is high, but it seems like this will last a long time so maybe that cancels out the price. I can't decide whether I like this or not. When I apply all over it looks too pale and cakey/powdery on my golden skin tone. Maybe I need to try a different brush? Something big and fluffy? I used the terrocotta brush. I just don't get any glow just a powder puff look. I will update after I have used longer. I want to like this, but so far not impressed. Probably works good on lighter skin tones.

Update: I exchange this for the pressed powder in beige because it is more of a glow and no sparkles. I think the balls would work much better on lighter skin. I ordered the summer stones to replace this hoping they will be a little darker and not give me that powder puff look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by msimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for about a month now. I am addicted! Its my first meteorites product. I use my EM flat brush to dust this above my brow bone, under my eyes, down my nose and the middle of my chin. I wanted something that wasnt uber shimmery to gently highlight areas on my face to give me that "glow from within" kinda look. And this definitely has helped me to achieve this look. I actually really like the violet scent of this product too. I feel like such a lady when i dust this on. Would definitely repurchase this as it has become a staple in my everyday regime.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by katienonterror

Okay, i don't know if i am applying this product poorly but what i see is definitely not translucent. a little help please? haha.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

This has been on my wish list for ages and since my Dior highlighter is running low I finally splurged on these after trying them at Sephora.

I have pink undertones and Sephora was hot and crowded, so you can imagine my cheeks were redder than usual. When I first dusted this over my face, I didn't see much of a difference at all and had made my mind up to not buy these but the sa convinced me to try evening out my skin tone with bare escentuals first and applying the beads after. First of all, let me say I am not a fan or user of BE at all. It is too much fuss with the brushes, the powders, the multiple applications etc.

Regardless, after all was said and done, my face looked amazing. With the redness in my face toned down, I could immediately see the "glow" that the meteorites gave me. And when I say glow, I mean the most natural, healthy looking glow I have ever experienced after using make up. My face looked like I had spent the day sunning on a yacht in St. Tropez instead of packed like a sardine in a mall with frantic holiday shoppers. The best part? When I went home 6 hours later, my face still looked fresh and radiant.

Let me say for the record, this is a SUBTLE product, hence the natural looking result. Honestly, I think this is the best part. I mean, who wants to look like they have a pound of make up caked on? I have read other reviewers complaints that this product is too hyped up. Granted, you will not drop 20 pounds and have a perfect hair day everytime you apply this to your face. But, it is a such a lux, fabulous product with equally fabulous results, and at the end of the day, isn't that what we're after? So worth every penny. Will definitely repurchase.

P.S. Didn't mind the scent at all. I thought it smelled lovely and it wasn't overpowering in the least. I adore the packaging, and I might have read somewhere that it is loosley based on one of Marie Antionette's jewelry boxes.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

First of all, the packaging sucks for the price tag. Cardboard...really?! Lucky for them..the actual product is very nice. The beige glow it creates is worth while. The fragrance...is a little old-ladyish...but fades quickly (thank goodness). I got this at strawberrynet.com and it saved me money to make it truly worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Dancergirlxx

I love this! I have combination skin and use Lancome Teint Idole liquid foundation which is matte and doesn't break me out. However, I like a slightly more radiant look and a light dusting of this powder over the top of my foundation adds an even polished look. The different beige colours mix together to help disguise uneven skintone and colour. The balls are light reflecting so your skin will have a healthy glow while still helping to matte out oily shine.

This product would be perfect for light/medium to olive skin tones as a finishing powder. I would even recommend it to people with fair skin if they wanted a natural looking bronzing powder.

Only cons for me are the fragrance and cardboard packaging but I would still rate at 5 lippies as this is such a wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by elemere

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my very first purchase of Meteorites. I bought it after a friend raved about it. What this product does is very subtle, but the difference is enough that I find myself addicted! Adds sort of an air-brushed glow to your face. You can use it to add a finishing touch on your makeup, or to add a little glow if you are going barefaced. It's just the tiniest sparkle- definitely not glitter - that fools the eye into thinking that you have better skin. As far as the beige goes - it's not all that dark, especially if you have olive skin -- so I did need a bronzer and blush afterwards. I found the pinker Meteorites was a better choice for making me look refreshed-even without blush. If you have a pinkish tinge to your skin already, the pink Meteorites would be too much, but my skin is olive, so it works nicely for me. The beige is good if you do plan on adding blush or bronzer later.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by claireknowles

I've been using this for a decade now and love it. Even though I'm getting older, it still seems to work well for overall powdering (while providing some highlighting) without being too glittery or accentuating lines. Much better than either BE Mineral Veil or Nars powders (either not enough coverage or too glittery).

Overall, the tiny glitter particles help provide a dewy look for day or night. Mythic and Beige Chic are my favorite shades, with Beige Chic having gold highlights.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 10:00:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I am huge Meteorites fan and can be seen as biased, I can assure you that this is one of the best Guerlain products ever, definitely one of the best Meteorites they launched. Every aspect of this product is great: colour texture, longevity... This is a powder that is not a powder as you will see absolutely no traces of a powder on your face, yet your face will look flawless and healthy. There is no shimmer to this product, but your face does not look too matte either. It's almost as your face is both matte and glowy at the same time. I am lucky that I am blessed with a good complexion so I use this just over the moisturizer, daily, but I can see this product working better than any other powder on any complexion, because it will not "sit" on top of your wrinkles or enlarged pores, or make you look mask-like. I also have to say that this keeps the shine away quite well throughout the day (usually, I tend to get a bit shiny in the afternoon, but not with this product). If you are like me and don't like the idea of a "powdery" face, yet want the flawless look to your face - this is for you. Definitely an awesome product! I actually don't consider Meteorites that expensive as they last forever. I've had Meteorites last me over 2-3 years with daily use. BTW, I highly recommend using this with the Meteorites brush as that will also make a difference in how the product is dispersed on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am typically very sceptical when it comes to high end, luxury cosmetics. It is very rare that I will fork over a large amount of dough for something high end. Typically, (as with many of you) my philosophy is that we pay more for high end items because of the name and packaging, that the ingredients are often similar, or identical to something we can find in a drugstore for a fraction of the price.

This product is a prime example of one of those very rare personal exceptions. When a very helpful MA tried Beige Chic 03 on my face last week, I was rendered a sceptic no more. My previously ruddy, mildly pitted complexion was rendered glowingly smooth and flawless. The unforgiving fluorescent lighting in the Guerlain boutique confirmed the excellent performance of this product.

I waited a couple of days to review this gem, for fear that my initial euphoria would die down, that I'd discover that this little box of sparkly powdered balls wasn't worthy of the hype.....but no.

This stuff has withstood 12 hour days, extreme humidity and oilyness, only to somehow, miraculously make my skin appear more and more flawless as the day wears on. (Touch ups with my regular powder has been necessary maybe 1-2 x a day.) Upon close inspection, one can see the teesniest flecks of shimmer. My suspicion is that these little flecks are what render the skin so flawless. This particular shade was recommended to me because of my concerns of ruddiness. I'd recommend it to my fellow fair ladies, especially those who would like a light dusting of undetectable but warm colour.

As others have mentioned, this should be characterized as a finishing powder, rather than a highlighter. Pricey, but will last ages. Gladly forked over a week's grocery budget for this one, and would definitely do it again.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No