November 29, 2014 | 1531 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have been using it for a few years now and continue to repurchase it. I apply it after cleansing my skin in the morning, before moisturising. The lightly lemon scent is so nice and goes well with the light texture of an airy lotion. It goes on smoothly and leaves my skin much more smooth to the touch. It helps balance my skin by reducing my oils and supplementing my hydration. I think it helps keep my pores less blocked. This is not to be confused with providing the miracle of never having blocked pores, but my pores are less clogged overall when I use this regularly. Best of all is that this refinisher has never disagreed with my skin. It has never caused blemishes, or rough/dry patches or irritation. I rely on this in my daily skincare routine, in every season. I highly recommend this to every skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by CclH

After looking through Pore minimising products i decided to try Estee Lauder Pore Minimizer. Unfortunatly i felt rather let down :-(. I have been using religiously after a bath/shower before bed alongside cleansing etc for a month & nothing!!

While i have been using i have only applied mascarra as my makeup, no face powders or foundations....I had high hopes but NO changes or improvements! skin does feel a little smoother after first applying but it doesnt last very long for me.

On the search again for something that works ............

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly my skin broke in a little bumps/acne in areas I usually don't have any issue with impefections. So I can only attribute it to this. I stopped using it and my skin seemed to return to normal.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Maribianca

What I like about this product:
- the nice lemony scent
- the very soft feel it gives to my skin (mainly nose and the cheek areas on both sides of it)
- the great base it gives for my tinted moisturizer. No need for anything as heavy as foundation to cover up enlarged pores when I've used this pore minimizer.

What I dislike about this product:
- it breaks me out! I never get any spots or blemishes on my cheeks / under-eye area, except when I've been using this product in those places (and that's where my pores need it the most). A shame for such an expensive product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by chough

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with some reviews that say this product makes your skin feel AWESOME, but doesn't really do much to minimize pores. I've bought this multiple times and didn't even realize it was for pores until the most recent. I used to use it as a primer like some people have said, but I found that to be too oily under my heavy foundation. So why do I keep buying this? It makes my skin baby smooth and since I'm only 20 I haven't started looking seriously I guess.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Let me start by saying that all pore refining products and primers do the same thing - temporarily cover your pores to make them look smaller and your skin smoother. It's like applying a plastic wrap. So inherently, they WILL clog your pores and cause more problems in the long run. This product is the same - avoid!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

My mom gave me this as a gift and I finished it within 5 months. I really enjoy using this during the day because it preps my skin for makeup REALLY WELL. It creates a very smooth canvas, esp around the under eye where I need it. Not sure if it brightens a lot since my skin is already quite pale but it think it does help reduce pores and helps to create a smooth canvas. No need for makeup primer with this serum. Fantastic! But price not so much..... Still on look out for a cheaper alternative! But til then, I continue with this for day use.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Kairi831

My skin was finally clearing up, and I was looking for a good pore minimizer, so I picked an Estee Lauder Serum because I thought it would be good. But noooo. This stuff was HORRIBLE.

Ok, so when it goes onto your skin, you can actually feel it. It's smooth, silky and it feels quite nice to touch. When I looked in the mirror I didn't really see all that much of a difference, but the instructions said to use for a while. Something about a 69% decrease of pore size within a month - it says.

I used it for about 3-4 days, then my skin started getting masses of little red bumps on my cheeks and, and they became impossible to conceal.

If this was a primer, maybe it wouldn't be so bad and it does give a smooth base, I guess. But methinks it might just clog up your pores with silicone for a couple hours and break you out sooner or later.

No, I will never purchase again.
Hell, I think my next purchase is a good blemish treatment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Over the course of the last two years I was given several samples to try and I never got any decent effect on my skin.This product is a silicone based serum that claims to reduce your pores. It doesn't. It only gets your skin unnaturally smooth by covering it in a film that won't allow any other treatment to penetrate and really take care of your skin. Also, the same silicone will strip your skin of moisture and oils.
A huge thumbs down on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by LittleTogi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher came in one of the gifts with a purchase from Estee Lauder. It is amazing. Goes on smooth and is not greasy. Also smells great. I decided to buy it because not only did I notice a difference in my skin, my husband commented on how good I looked and wanted to know if I was using different make up.