Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 3/3/2013 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this product. My skin is dry-sensitive yet acne prone so I already had reservations to using a product that was formulated for "all skin types". Here's my experience:

It smells very fresh and lemony which was fun to use. Packaging was also lovely.

My skin does feel quite smooth after applying the product.

My pores don't seem to be diminishing as the product claims.

1 week later: BREAKOUT CITY! And my breakouts are always in the same spots where I produce access sebum oil (chin and forehead) and I know have them on my cheeks which is not normal at all. I'm pretty sure this is from the product.

Sadly, I will be returning this and not repurchasing. This product will probably work for others but not for me.

on 3/3/2013 11:27:00 AM

So I used it for more than a year. My skin is dehydrated but still mixed.

It works but TEMPORARILY. It does make skin smooth, matte and pores appear smaller-until you wash it off. It didnt clog my pores, it has nice silicon-y consistency, smells good.

It useless, the pore minimizer from BIODERMA is much better, this one have fancy packaging and its overpriced. Thats all.

on 2/22/2013 9:27:00 AM

I haven't really noticed the pore minimizing effect that this product is supposed to have. I don't really see this as a product that I would add to a skincare routine.

I love this product. I have been using it for a few years now and continue to repurchase it. I apply it after cleansing my skin in the morning, before moisturising. The lightly lemon scent is so nice and goes well with the light texture of an airy lotion. It goes on smoothly and leaves my skin much more smooth to the touch. It helps balance my skin by reducing my oils and supplementing my hydration. I think it helps keep my pores less blocked. This is not to be confused with providing the miracle of never having blocked pores, but my pores are less clogged overall when I use this regularly. Best of all is that this refinisher has never disagreed with my skin. It has never caused blemishes, or rough/dry patches or irritation. I rely on this in my daily skincare routine, in every season. I highly recommend this to every skin.

on 1/29/2013 7:17:00 AM

After looking through Pore minimising products i decided to try Estee Lauder Pore Minimizer. Unfortunatly i felt rather let down :-(. I have been using religiously after a bath/shower before bed alongside cleansing etc for a month & nothing!!

While i have been using i have only applied mascarra as my makeup, no face powders or foundations....I had high hopes but NO changes or improvements! skin does feel a little smoother after first applying but it doesnt last very long for me.

On the search again for something that works ............

on 1/18/2013 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sadly my skin broke in a little bumps/acne in areas I usually don't have any issue with impefections. So I can only attribute it to this. I stopped using it and my skin seemed to return to normal.

on 1/18/2013 5:47:00 AM

What I like about this product:
- the nice lemony scent
- the very soft feel it gives to my skin (mainly nose and the cheek areas on both sides of it)
- the great base it gives for my tinted moisturizer. No need for anything as heavy as foundation to cover up enlarged pores when I've used this pore minimizer.

What I dislike about this product:
- it breaks me out! I never get any spots or blemishes on my cheeks / under-eye area, except when I've been using this product in those places (and that's where my pores need it the most). A shame for such an expensive product.

on 12/16/2012 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to agree with some reviews that say this product makes your skin feel AWESOME, but doesn't really do much to minimize pores. I've bought this multiple times and didn't even realize it was for pores until the most recent. I used to use it as a primer like some people have said, but I found that to be too oily under my heavy foundation. So why do I keep buying this? It makes my skin baby smooth and since I'm only 20 I haven't started looking seriously I guess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that all pore refining products and primers do the same thing - temporarily cover your pores to make them look smaller and your skin smoother. It's like applying a plastic wrap. So inherently, they WILL clog your pores and cause more problems in the long run. This product is the same - avoid!

on 11/19/2012 11:58:00 AM

My mom gave me this as a gift and I finished it within 5 months. I really enjoy using this during the day because it preps my skin for makeup REALLY WELL. It creates a very smooth canvas, esp around the under eye where I need it. Not sure if it brightens a lot since my skin is already quite pale but it think it does help reduce pores and helps to create a smooth canvas. No need for makeup primer with this serum. Fantastic! But price not so much..... Still on look out for a cheaper alternative! But til then, I continue with this for day use.

Popular Treatments (Face)