August 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly my skin broke in a little bumps/acne in areas I usually don't have any issue with impefections. So I can only attribute it to this. I stopped using it and my skin seemed to return to normal.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Maribianca

What I like about this product:
- the nice lemony scent
- the very soft feel it gives to my skin (mainly nose and the cheek areas on both sides of it)
- the great base it gives for my tinted moisturizer. No need for anything as heavy as foundation to cover up enlarged pores when I've used this pore minimizer.

What I dislike about this product:
- it breaks me out! I never get any spots or blemishes on my cheeks / under-eye area, except when I've been using this product in those places (and that's where my pores need it the most). A shame for such an expensive product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by chough

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with some reviews that say this product makes your skin feel AWESOME, but doesn't really do much to minimize pores. I've bought this multiple times and didn't even realize it was for pores until the most recent. I used to use it as a primer like some people have said, but I found that to be too oily under my heavy foundation. So why do I keep buying this? It makes my skin baby smooth and since I'm only 20 I haven't started looking seriously I guess.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Let me start by saying that all pore refining products and primers do the same thing - temporarily cover your pores to make them look smaller and your skin smoother. It's like applying a plastic wrap. So inherently, they WILL clog your pores and cause more problems in the long run. This product is the same - avoid!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

My mom gave me this as a gift and I finished it within 5 months. I really enjoy using this during the day because it preps my skin for makeup REALLY WELL. It creates a very smooth canvas, esp around the under eye where I need it. Not sure if it brightens a lot since my skin is already quite pale but it think it does help reduce pores and helps to create a smooth canvas. No need for makeup primer with this serum. Fantastic! But price not so much..... Still on look out for a cheaper alternative! But til then, I continue with this for day use.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Kairi831

My skin was finally clearing up, and I was looking for a good pore minimizer, so I picked an Estee Lauder Serum because I thought it would be good. But noooo. This stuff was HORRIBLE.

Ok, so when it goes onto your skin, you can actually feel it. It's smooth, silky and it feels quite nice to touch. When I looked in the mirror I didn't really see all that much of a difference, but the instructions said to use for a while. Something about a 69% decrease of pore size within a month - it says.

I used it for about 3-4 days, then my skin started getting masses of little red bumps on my cheeks and, and they became impossible to conceal.

If this was a primer, maybe it wouldn't be so bad and it does give a smooth base, I guess. But methinks it might just clog up your pores with silicone for a couple hours and break you out sooner or later.

No, I will never purchase again.
Hell, I think my next purchase is a good blemish treatment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Over the course of the last two years I was given several samples to try and I never got any decent effect on my skin.This product is a silicone based serum that claims to reduce your pores. It doesn't. It only gets your skin unnaturally smooth by covering it in a film that won't allow any other treatment to penetrate and really take care of your skin. Also, the same silicone will strip your skin of moisture and oils.
A huge thumbs down on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by LittleTogi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher came in one of the gifts with a purchase from Estee Lauder. It is amazing. Goes on smooth and is not greasy. Also smells great. I decided to buy it because not only did I notice a difference in my skin, my husband commented on how good I looked and wanted to know if I was using different make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly I don't really believe that people should take skincare reviews as gospel as everyone's skin is very different and will react differently to skincare. But, skincare reviews are good as a guide as long as they are taken with a pinch of salt :)

My experience with this serum so far has been very positive! Like many others I have enlarged pores on my cheeks and on my chin and forehead but not to the same extent. I also have oily skin. I use this in the mornings before moisturiser and have done for the past fortnight now and the difference I've seen in the size of my pores has been amazing! I wear quite a full coverage foundation along with powder so initially my pores aren't so visible - but as the day goes on my skin gets oilier and my pores start to show. But since using this serum, as my skin gets oilier my pores pretty much look invisible! After using so many different products over the years with no success I'm so glad to have found something which has done what it says... It is expensive but I personally see it as a wise investment because my skin looks great which makes me feel good. I bought this spontaneously without really looking in to it and luckily it paid off but I would suggest to anyone wanting to try it to ask for a sample, and try several counters if the rep at your local one won't give you a sample.

So for me, this serum has been an absolute godsend but for someone else the results may not be the same, skincare seems to work on a very individual basis!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product to even out uneven, patchy skin tone as a result of sun damage. Wasn't expecting much so I'm not too disappointed by the fact this product does nothing. I actually think it made me break out around my chin, I now have small red pimples across the lower part of my face, mainly across my chin. They are tiny red bumps- something I never had before and I am not someone who breaks out at all, I generally have quite clear skin. I'd like to add that this product does not moisturise at all and has a somewhat artificial smoothness about it, like a silicone primer. The gold sheen tricks you into thinking your skin tone is more even due to the dewy glow