July 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Align 12 protective straightening lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't actually use this to straighten my hair. I just put a bit through my hair and let it air dry, and it really tames frizz and keeps my wavy hair wavy. It's also pretty inexpensive as salon brands go, definitely worth the money

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lots2luv

I'm on my second bottle of this and really like it. It makes my wavy hair pretty straight even before I use my flat iron. I love the smell of this and it keeps my fly aways in check. I will continue to buy this as long as the make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product helps straighten my hair and reduce fly-aways. I notice it makes my hair softer and shiny. I also like the fact that it protects my hair from the hairdryer/straightening iron daily grind. I personally like the smell and don't think it's that strong, but I'm not that sensitive to new scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is an awesome product. having naturally curly hair, i have tried a bevy of straightening balms, but nothing gave me results like this. first, love the packaging, one pump is all i need, so this lasts me months. second, it smells nice and feels nice, not sticky or gloopy. finally, a little bit of this and i can actually blow dry my hair straight, that has never happend with other products. will so rebuy

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by silver27

I don't mind the smell but the product isn't all I'd hoped for. It's a medium hold balm that you put in your damp hair before you blow dry, I honestly think my hair straightens nicer with my straightening irons when I use no product or a lighter heat protectant spray (KMS) or serum (Kerastase), for someone with thick straight but unruly hair this product just makes my hair feel unnatural, like it has product gunk on it that I want to wash out and slightly stiff and weighed down meaning if it gets messed up it kind of doesn't fall back into place. Didn't give me the smooth, soft, silky results I hoped for:(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by xsnowwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in a straightening kit and really wanted to like it, but it just didn't do anything for me. I didn't notice my hair any straighter or that it helped with blowdrying. Also I didn't like the scent, it was too strong and lingered after I finished styling. It isn't a horrible product, but it isn't great either, especially for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by officialGURL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I used this product when my hair was long and it worked wonders! I wouldn't even have to flat iron it...so it cut my time down by half! The key trick is knowing how to style dry your hair. Now since I've cut my hair short it's not so great. It straightens the front part of my hair but the back & the ends all crazy, so I still have to straighten my hair to tame down the back & ends. Also, a little goes a long way! If you use to much your hair will look greasy and dirty and apply it when your ready to dry your hair or it'll look dirty too. Hope this is helpful for you ladies! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by mtack

This product does not do anything in high humidity, one of the main reasons I bought it. My hair is thick, slighlty freezy and wavy towards the ends and since I like my hair straight, I am always looking for a product that will make my hair sleek and protect against humidity. Make my hair so dried, lacked lustre and tangled. The smell is terrible, smells like some kind of plastic. In summary, this product is horrible, very misleading.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by duke27511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this hair because it acts like a styling/heat protectant and it tames my frizzes. However, the only thing I don't like about this product is how strong it smells. If you use it in small amounts it's ok, however, if you need to use a lot it really over powers all other smells.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh god this stuff smells SO strong!! Don't even bother wearing perfume with this. I don't even know why I bought it, I have stick straight hair. I just wanted some protection from my blowdryer, this was not a wise choice. Probably works great for someone that actually needs it. Mines up for swap if anyone is interested.