Redken Align 12 protective straightening lotion

3.8

Aqua Water , Propylene Glycol , Dimethicone , Alcohol Denat. , Polyacrylamide , Paraffinum Liquidum Mineral Oil , Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacryla, Petrolatum , C13-14 Isoparaffin , Parfum Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol , Laureth-7 , Methylparaben , Sodium Benzoate , Disodiium EDTA , Ethylparaben , Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Linalool , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Coumarin , Citric Acid , Glucosamine HCL , Xylose , Oleth-10 , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate , Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacry , Lecithin , Phosphoric Acid , Polyquaternium-10

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

First off, let me say that I freaking love the packaging on this product. It is extremely convenient in getting the last little bits of the product left in the container!
Now, this lotion/serum type product is for people with frizzy, thick, hair, because the number on Redken styling products indicates the hold for the product. Now, my hair isn't naturally curly, or very frizzy, but I was looking for a different heat protectant that wasn't a spray, because those became too much of a hassle. I bought this at my local salon, because they were having a 30% off sale, and how could I resist that? I only paid $15 for this wonderful product! What a deal ;)
This product comes out very creamy, and has a very perfumy scent, as with all Redken products, but it doesn't linger very long or clash with any other scents (which is great). What I do is take 1 pump, and then distribute it throughout my hair. After I'm done blow-drying, my hair seriously feels like SILK. I am in love with this stuff! My fly-aways are tamed, and after straightening, my ends no longer get that weird, fried, squiggly look they did before.
Will repurchase.

edit: I accidentally stepped on this, and the pump came RIGHT off, so now I have to scoop product out. The pump also comes off very easily just by taking off the lid. Please fix the packaging, Redken. this stuff is seriously amazing.

on 5/26/2010 7:52:00 PM

I love this product! I have tried many products to help tame my frizz prone, very fine but lots of it hair. Coming into a few days of rain in a row I was panicking that my hair was going to be a frizzy mess. I washed with Redken Smoothdown and Conditioned with the Butter Treat treatment in the tub and then applied smooth down serum and this align 12 which I had a sample of. OMG! My hair stayed straight through the 3 days of rain and high humidity. I was amazed. Also amazed as I ususally have to wash every second day as if I stretch to a third my roots get greasy. With this I had a great third day, which is unheard of for me.
Will be going out and purchasing a full size today!

on 5/4/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure if I love Align 12, I bought a travel size to test it out this week. It def calms down my curly frizzy hair but it didn't make it smooth or soft enough. I usually use Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum and I thought it was getting too heavy for me but now I might go back to using that because of the humid weather. I will use the rest of my travel size Align and maybe use a little more in my hair next time.

on 3/17/2010 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't actually use this to straighten my hair. I just put a bit through my hair and let it air dry, and it really tames frizz and keeps my wavy hair wavy. It's also pretty inexpensive as salon brands go, definitely worth the money

on 2/2/2010 7:41:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this and really like it. It makes my wavy hair pretty straight even before I use my flat iron. I love the smell of this and it keeps my fly aways in check. I will continue to buy this as long as the make it.

on 1/24/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product helps straighten my hair and reduce fly-aways. I notice it makes my hair softer and shiny. I also like the fact that it protects my hair from the hairdryer/straightening iron daily grind. I personally like the smell and don't think it's that strong, but I'm not that sensitive to new scents.

on 11/4/2009 1:37:00 PM

this is an awesome product. having naturally curly hair, i have tried a bevy of straightening balms, but nothing gave me results like this. first, love the packaging, one pump is all i need, so this lasts me months. second, it smells nice and feels nice, not sticky or gloopy. finally, a little bit of this and i can actually blow dry my hair straight, that has never happend with other products. will so rebuy

on 10/19/2009 4:33:00 AM

I don't mind the smell but the product isn't all I'd hoped for. It's a medium hold balm that you put in your damp hair before you blow dry, I honestly think my hair straightens nicer with my straightening irons when I use no product or a lighter heat protectant spray (KMS) or serum (Kerastase), for someone with thick straight but unruly hair this product just makes my hair feel unnatural, like it has product gunk on it that I want to wash out and slightly stiff and weighed down meaning if it gets messed up it kind of doesn't fall back into place. Didn't give me the smooth, soft, silky results I hoped for:(

on 9/9/2009 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this in a straightening kit and really wanted to like it, but it just didn't do anything for me. I didn't notice my hair any straighter or that it helped with blowdrying. Also I didn't like the scent, it was too strong and lingered after I finished styling. It isn't a horrible product, but it isn't great either, especially for the price.

on 7/4/2009 12:40:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I used this product when my hair was long and it worked wonders! I wouldn't even have to flat iron it...so it cut my time down by half! The key trick is knowing how to style dry your hair. Now since I've cut my hair short it's not so great. It straightens the front part of my hair but the back & the ends all crazy, so I still have to straighten my hair to tame down the back & ends. Also, a little goes a long way! If you use to much your hair will look greasy and dirty and apply it when your ready to dry your hair or it'll look dirty too. Hope this is helpful for you ladies! :)