July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 15 for Dry Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by cutevwbug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I own this in 04 Nude Beige. I got this at Rite Aid during one of their BOGO sales. It is much more sheer than ColorStay but still decent coverage. Goes on very creamy. Leaves a dewy finish. For a drugstore foundation, I was very impressed. Wish it had a pump. I would buy this again. Good quality for the price.

P.S. It does not smell odd like CS does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product after reading a review. It has grown on me. Often times I use a tinted moisturizer with extra sunscreen mixed in, but when I'm feeling like I want a more 'dewey' complexion, I use this. I apply it with a moist make-up sponge. Advantages: scent is okay, goes on smooth, seems to 'plump' skin and make it look moist. Disadvantages: spf of only 15, its always hard to get correct color since there are no testers. I have two colors: one for summer and winter and then I blend them in the spring and fall as my skin tone changes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ghousegal2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Something happened to this product, maybe they reformulated, but I hate it now! Very light coverage mainly because it's way too greasy, doesn't absorb into the skin, and doesn't last all day.
The product was great years ago, but now not so much :(

I really like this foundation! I use the normal/combination skin version and it works great. Looks natural, and controls my mid-day Tzone oil. Evens out my skin tone and covers redness very well. I don't wash my face at night, and this doesn't clog my pores or make me break out.
I've used almost all the top brands: MAC, Benefit, BareMinerals, etc, and keep going back to this one. 1 draw back; it doesn't last all day, but I don't mind, I touch up with powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I bought this liquid makeup in Soft Beige for my dry and sensitive skin. It works well to moisturize and doesn't irritate.

I blend with a makeup sponge. It has light to medium coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Tried this one for several days but had to return it. It made my eyes go nuts on me. Something in it made my eyes all watery and blurry too. At first I thought it was just me being tired, or something, but after several days and it only happening right after I applied it, I had to realize it was from the foundation. The color choices were not the best either. I did select one, but I was not pleased with the shade. It seems to blend nice, and the smell was ok, but after a few hours, my face felt very dirty. I wanted to go wash my face quick but when you are at work....well that just does not work. I like foundations that feel very soft and smooth on my skin. This one just did not work for me. I wanted it to, and I wanted to see if the wrinkle part actually did what it said, but guess I will never find out. I think I am allergic to something in their mix.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by macoe

So my HG foundation has been Revlon New Complexion makeup for years, but it's been discontinued, and although I can still find it, I thought it might be time for a switch anyway. Since I like Revlon (and they are on PETA's safe list as far as no animal testing), I thought I'd try their Age Defying makeup.

Somehow, this makeup, while significantly thicker than the NC formulation, did a much poorer job of evening my skin tone, and it even seemed to emphasize any minor flaws! I tried it three times, varying the amount I used and what I wore underneath it, but each time I was left looking if anything, worse than before I put it on. The only good things I can say for it are that it didn't irritate my skin and it did seem to moisturize it a little, but I have moisturizer for that. I actually don't like how they try to make foundation that treats the skin, screens it from the sun, etc., etc. - I have products for those things, I'd rather just have a foundation that makes my skin look good without irritating it or making it break out...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2008 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Miss_Helena

I usually love Revlon foundations, my favourites being Colorstay Natural and the new Colourstay Mineral. I bought this Age Defying in "Bare Buff" on special, thought I'd give it a go!

The colour is great (I'm fair with pink/rosacea) so the pale yellow tones of this is fab. Unfortunately I found the application and finish woeful! It doesn't blend at all well, settles into pores, looks obvious...yucko! I have quite good/oily skin and this made me look dry and old. Oh dear, into the bin it goes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 411

After having my beloved Chanel Teint Fluide Universel discontinued,my search for a new foundation was on. I'd heard good things about Revlon's Age Defying line,so I decided to give it a try... For reference,I am an N4/NW20(MAC) and Cameo in Chanel.Unfortunately,there were no testers,so I had to guess at what shade to get.I tried Nude Beige&Soft Beige,finally mixing the two. I like the light texture of this foundation&how you can control the amount of coverage you need.If you look out for sales,you can often get this at BOGO or BOGO 1/2 off. **3/16/08 found this on sale and bought Natural Beige,a much better match for me,even though it appears darker in the bottle.

The following is from their website:

Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm® for Dry Skin

Want younger looking skin in 14 days? Moisturizing makeup gives skin a healthy boost of color while blending away minor imperfections for a younger looking, radiant complexion. Infused with Botafirm®, a patented blend of hexapeptide and botanicals, clinical studies showed a 47% reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in just 2 weeks*. Hydration-rich formula helps restore your skins softness and smoothness, increasing its moisture level by 40%. Provides medium coverage with SPF 15, anti-oxidants and vitamins A and E

*Diminished appearances in clinical tests.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For reference: my Chanel shade is 30 Cendre/Shell and my YSL shade is 7. My Revlon Age Defying shade is Cool Beige.

I’m rapidly approaching 50, with combination skin, and this foundation – although for dry skin - is the best thing to join my make-up kit for a long time.

Age Defying is such a treat that it actually makes me feel happy to know I'll be using it. It truly lives up to its name. No other foundation is as flattering or softly radiant on me and the appearance of lines and pores is minimised. All this AND the finish is light and natural. It also doesn’t turn me into an oil slick, despite my skin being combination. Some powder lightly brushed on my T-zone and a blotting paper a couple of times during the day keep things well under control. And it wears so well. My skin looks as good at the end of the working day as it did at the beginning, although on very hot days I need the stay-put-ness of ColorStay Stay Natural, my second favourite foundation.

Age Defying provides some sun protection (see active ingredients) but please also wear a separate sunscreen. I apply the foundation over a variety of products - serums, primers, lotions, moisturisers, and always a sunscreen - with no problem.

One lipstick comes off for the packaging, alas. This is a creamy liquid foundation in a glass container with a large round opening. After shaking the bottle, I dip in a Q-tip and use that to dab it on before blending with my fingers. Revlon, please consider a pump pack!

INGREDIENTS (from bottle):

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.7%), Octinoxinate (3.5%).

Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Talc, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butylene Glycol, Isostearic Acid, Isocetyl Stearate, Nylon-12, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Triethanolamine, PEG-30 Glyceryl Cocoate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Gingko Biloba Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methicone, Pectin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera [Carnauba] Wax), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Ceteth-10, Lecithen, Steareth-2, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Trisodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

May contain: Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides, Mica, Ultramarines, Zinc Oxide. 20558.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I am NC30 and am currently using natural beige - it is slightly too pink so if I were to repurchase I'd get something a bit warmer/yellower. I got this BOGOF at $12.99 which was a pretty good deal, otherwise it's a bit steep for drugstore makeup. I have combo skin but the dry skin formulation seems to work fine. It is a bit runny and goes on sheer, so this probably won't cover your blemishes, it just evens out your complexion. I haven't noticed the "graying" at the end of the day, but it does look a bit deeper on me at the end of the day, so I suspect it does oxidize a bit. Overall, I like this but am not in love. If i can find a better color match that doesn't turn ruddy at the end of the day I'll give it a better rating.