October 20, 2014 | 978 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay 12-Hour Eyeshadow Quad "Blushed Wines"

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I own two Revlon duos and they came with excellent quality. However the product was discontinued a few years ago. Hence I had high expectations for this. I was a tad disappointed, as this is much less pigmented and creamy compared to my duos. I find that the product, gives a wash of color, rather than giving an actual boost of color. If used as a wash of color, the combination does achieve a lovely natural look. But I find the lack of pigmentation a bit sad, as the colors are very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

excellent drugstore shimmer eye quad, especially for people with hazel or green eyes. really makes your eyes pop without looking heavy. must admit the frosty content of the shadows initially put me off trying it, but a dear friend convinced me to have a go. i've gone through 3 of these now and fully intend to keep this in my "essentials" makeup case. you can create a fair few different looks with these shades alone; they also work well with other brands of eyeshadows. i find this product easy to blend, and the staying power impressive (used with or without urban decay's primer potion no less.) my only gripe with this product is how shimmery the highlighter shade is compared to the rest of the colors (and this is probably a matter of personal preference more than anything.) i find that, if not blended correctly, it has a tendency to "stand out" from the rest of the look, so do be careful when blending the highlight shade. this eyeshadow is easy to freshen up before a night out after wearing it during the day / at the office. in fact i'd go so far as to say this particular quad is perfect for graduating from a subtle day look to a natural smoldering evening look.

all in all i'll happily continue to purchase this until they relegate it to the eyeshadow abyss. it's not as pigmented as my mac eye pallets, but it definitely does the job, and makes putting together a 5 minute face very easy. washes off simply with regular cleanser, does not require make up remover, and does not irritate my sensitive areas around the waterline. love love love this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a decent eyeshadow quad, nothing too spectacular but one I reach for if I am going for a downplayed natural shadow effect. A pretty easy to use quad, so I would purchase again, maybe in another shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by keriwriter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry to rain on the Revlon Quad parade, but I was really disappointed in this. The lasting power was meh, despite the 12-hour claim. I did hit pan on the coppery shade because I liked the color so much, but the two lighter shades were really chalky and poorly pigmented, so I never used them. The darkest shade (the most "winey" of the bunch) was very pigmented, but took a lot of work to blend, so I used it primarily as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I love these colours. Although I have to admit I don't get the "wine" - to me, these are delicious, rich yet neutral browns and taupes, finishing with a creamy highlight shade.

There isn't a dud shade in this package. They are versatile, work beautifully together and give your lids a luminous, "lit from within" look. What's not to like? There is a subtle shimmer to them, and colour payoff is good - these colours are also buildable so the look can go from barely there, to subtle to dramatic and smoky just by layering or applying wet. It will take you right through the day.

And that's another thing - these shadows live up to their boast - I can wear these for twelve hours in total confidence that they will stay put and that's without primer too.

Finally, I find the formulation of these shadows does not emphasise lines or crepeyness, something I have to watch out for more and more as I get older. In fact, the two middle shades when applied to the lower lids give a lovely radiant glow. I have a cool skin tone and these colours warm me up without looking making me look sickly or orange but to be honest these colours would suit just about anyone.

Yes, for sure I'll be buying again, this palette is a constant companion and worth every penny.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've passed this quad by in the drugstore many times thinking I could NEVER wear those shades of wine...that they'd make my light brown eyes look sickly and tired like so many wine-ish colors have. But I saw a you-tube tutorial using this quad and the reviewer looked amazing when she finished! Since we had similar skin tone and eye color I thought I'd give a try. And am I ever glad I did! All of the shades in this qaud are gorgeous and make my brown eyes glow from within. I love that they're not too shimmery but not exactly matte either. I was getting so bored with neutral browns and this pallette is the perfect transition with nothing too over the top. The darkest wine color looks kinda scary in the palette but on my eyes it shows up as a subtle brownish purpley wine color... more on the cool side and perfect for fall! I LOVE it! Pigmentation is just right as I would not want these too too bright. Easy to layer and blend for a bolder look. I think this palette would work very well for more mature eyes..like mine:-) but also for the younger ladies, too. I haven't found any shades quite like these and am thrilled I gave it chance. Don't let the shades in this quad scare you. Try them out and watch your brown or hazel eyes sparkle and pop!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually just purchased this palette this morning after lemming it the last couple of weeks. I have been getting into rose and wine colored make up more and more recently (esp. with a wedding to go to in October, I thought these colors would make a soft and romantic look for a fall wedding) and I really like the Revlon Colorstay products I've tried so far. This palette is really versatile - although the deepest color is a gorgeous cranberry wine shade it might look a bit vampiric for everyday use with my fair skin (ladies with a darker skin tone will be able to rock this though) I can see myself using the other three pinkish taupe colors for every day wear. I find so far that these live up to the Colorstay claim. As a test I put all four colors on this morning with no primer or base underneath and four hours later they look exactly the same - no fading or creasing - excellent! The colors are not super shimmery - just enough imo. The lightest highlight shade is the most shimmery and it works very well for that purpose. I also tried using the two darker shades as a blush based on one of the reviews below and I have to say it does work nicely! Again, I think it's bit dark for me unless I just do a very light dusting, but it does give a nice rosey flush. The only reason I'm not giving this palette the highest rating is that although these shadows are silky and very blendable they are not super pigmented. This might be a good thing for someone like me with very fair skin that prefers more sheer color for everyday wear, but for some people these might not be colorful or intense enough for the look you want to achieve. EDIT: I ended being allergic to these eyeshadows (it's seems I'm sensitive to all Revlon products with the exception of the lip glosses), so I gave it away to a less skin sensitive friend who likes these kinds of colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by audiolovely

very affordable eyeshadow palette; great for beginnings, especially teenagers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just bought this quad from my local Wal-Mart for $5.00 (amazingly cheap) for great eye shadow. I haven't tryed them on my eyes yet, but i tested it on my wrist and they look really great. So I will update tommorow when i wear them for real. but so far i like them. :))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I am loving this quad. The two light shades are beautiful for highlighting. They look very fresh and soft, not too shimmery. The third pinkish brown is very neutral and good for the lid color. The darkest wine shade is not too overpowering. I like that its not too dark.

The quality is good. The shadows stay long. Its well pigmented and easy to blend. It gives a beautiful satin finish. I won't buy again as its too expensive in my country.